Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Defending against Amaterasu  (Read 7429 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Defending against Amaterasu
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 01:00:15 PM »

The linked manga bit I believe is missing the page just before said flame defense anyway.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 01:35:41 PM »

Just to but in, but you can't always go by the wiki. At the end of the day, it's not official. Hold more weight in chapter scans.

Based on that, I can say that the only "pure" chakra armor that provides protection is a biju's.

But there are many other ways to defend against the technique, even though it claims to be as hot as the sun, it burns rather slow.

A solid, physical barrier between the wearer/user and the black flames period will do the trick in preventing immediate attachment to the actual body, whether it is biju or not. The strength and type of the defense determines how long it will take and things of that sort.

The linked manga bit I believe is missing the page just before said flame defense anyway.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comments/2kpofa/naruto_697_colored/

I believe you are right. Kind of surprising that mangapanda missed a page. O_o

Although, from this colored page 5, the cloak stretching it away is even less visible to me as a possibility. It looks even more like he just threw the flames off.  :-?

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 05:05:13 AM »

That's basically it, caught them from mid-air and threw it aside. Amaterasu after all isn't instant, its just a retardedly fast flame projectile more or less. Although rather than being thrown off it may also have been Sasuke's unstable, low power that made it disappear.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »

I'm kinda speechless here.
So Naruto got hit with Amaterasu, activated bijuu cloak, and then got rid of the black flames. o.o
Wow...

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »

A) Naruto was not immediately burned by the black flames as a direct result of his tailed beast cloak chakra "armor" (for the sake of context)

B) The cloak did not stretch in order to get rid of the Amaterasu.

C) Either Sasuke manually extinguished the flames or the flames went away some other way, since when Naruto doesn't have his cloak and he goes in to get Sasuke he not only has performed the shadow clone jutsu (which requires two hands mind you) but clearly does not have a serious burn on either of his hands, meaning the black flames became non-factor at some point.

It kind of looks like Naruto flings off the chakra cloak that was getting burned. Basically, taking the part that was getting burned and slinging it off as if it was a giant booger or something. So, the part of the cloak that got flung off was still getting burned. But technically, all we're doing here is inferring based off of what we saw. Until it's animated, we might not know what happened.

That is what I'm guessing happened, seems similar to the weakness of the Amaterasu being slow burning so the victim could remove any clothes set ablaze before burned. I think Amaterasu can indeed burn through chakra, we've seen it completely snuff out a Katon jutsu and burn through A's Lightning Release Chakra Mode. I say it is just hard for the flames to burn through high grade defences, depending on what they are. Which is going to take Amaterasu longer to burn, a room full of paper or a room full of rocks?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 11:01:18 PM »

That's basically it, caught them from mid-air and threw it aside. Amaterasu after all isn't instant, its just a retardedly fast flame projectile more or less. Although rather than being thrown off it may also have been Sasuke's unstable, low power that made it disappear.

Amaterasu produces black flames at the focal point of the user's vision.[3] In most situations, this makes Amaterasu impossible to avoid. However, if the target can move fast enough to prevent being focused on, Amaterasu will miss them when it's cast.[4]

I have to disagree with you Warren. It CAN be used as a projectile but it is not. It clearly states that the flames ignite at the users point of focus. It does not travel from the eyes to the target, it ignites on the target. Of course one could move too fast to be focused on, but that does not mean its a projectile it simply means that the user cant focus on the target to ignite the flames.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 03:23:42 AM »

Here's how I treat Amaterasu. If you're viewing something with the eye that's casting it, flames are going to appear there. But if something is in the way, then the flames will spawn on that. Just think of it like a laser-pointer.

This also gives people a chance to get the flames off them. Usually it can be clothing or armor that can be removed to avoid being further caught on fire. But another way is to spawn a clone off yourself from the portion which is on fire. Like a Wood Clone spawned from yourself, instead of from a tree or out of the ground around you.

It would seem pretty stupid to have the liberty to say that you can spawn flames on wherever you're concentrating on, since people could just light somebody's internal organs on fire with that logic.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 05:26:49 AM »

So how hot does everyone think amaterasu is? Because I think it's a bit hotter than a normal katon.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 05:38:56 AM »

I imagine it's way hotter than normal Katon, the Myth for it is that it "Burns as hot as the sun" and I know that it's not actually that hot, but I wouldn't think the legend would come from no where it's gotta be pretty hot

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »

Not that hot, numerous people have been shown getting hit with it, with not that much damage.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 10:06:36 AM »

Here's how I treat Amaterasu. If you're viewing something with the eye that's casting it, flames are going to appear there. But if something is in the way, then the flames will spawn on that. Just think of it like a laser-pointer.

This also gives people a chance to get the flames off them. Usually it can be clothing or armor that can be removed to avoid being further caught on fire. But another way is to spawn a clone off yourself from the portion which is on fire. Like a Wood Clone spawned from yourself, instead of from a tree or out of the ground around you.

It would seem pretty stupid to have the liberty to say that you can spawn flames on wherever you're concentrating on, since people could just light somebody's internal organs on fire with that logic.

The organ thing does not make much sense seeing as the Sharingan cant see the organs.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »

Not that hot, numerous people have been shown getting hit with it, with not that much damage.
Except when it premiered for the very first time, where it only took a second for it to burn a hole through that hotel building for Itachi and Kisame to escape from.

And the time when Itachi spammed it around half the perimeter of the Uchiha Hideout while fighting Sasuke, evaporating the surrounding moisture in the air and creating an upward air current of heat which caused weather changes and conditions to create cumulonimbus clouds.

The only times when Amaterasu didn't do much was when the plot demanded for someone to seem strong or too cool to resist it. Even A understood that he had to have his arm cut off as soon as possible because of how dangerous Amaterasu's flames could be if he allowed them to even continue to burn on him. I would also like to note how good Kishi's writing was on that part in fleshing out A's character.

Usually chakra-absorbing techniques can diminish Amaterasu. This is especially seen when Madara all-of-a-sudden could absorb chakra. Whether this is something he learned by himself, or is an ability he kept from the influence of the Rinnnegan's Preta Path or Hashirama's DNA/chakra is pretty unknown. But this also makes me wonder if Kamui could also be susceptible to chakra-absorbing techniques.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 11:53:30 PM »

I don't see it as that effective honestly, considering Karin was on fire was 20+ seconds, before Sasuke put it out. Granted she is an Uzumaki, but still she remained mostly in tact.

Then there is A, and while he did have to cut it off, it's like the flames incinerated his arm or anything, just a slow burn.

To me, it's a slightly advanced form of katon, that can't be put out by conventional means. Other katon techniques are shown to be very hot. Obviously it's still a dangerous technique, I just think it's over hyped, as it is certainly not as hot as the sun.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »

Except when it premiered for the very first time, where it only took a second for it to burn a hole through that hotel building for Itachi and Kisame to escape from.

And the time when Itachi spammed it around half the perimeter of the Uchiha Hideout while fighting Sasuke, evaporating the surrounding moisture in the air and creating an upward air current of heat which caused weather changes and conditions to create cumulonimbus clouds.

The only times when Amaterasu didn't do much was when the plot demanded for someone to seem strong or too cool to resist it. Even A understood that he had to have his arm cut off as soon as possible because of how dangerous Amaterasu's flames could be if he allowed them to even continue to burn on him. I would also like to note how good Kishi's writing was on that part in fleshing out A's character.

Usually chakra-absorbing techniques can diminish Amaterasu. This is especially seen when Madara all-of-a-sudden could absorb chakra. Whether this is something he learned by himself, or is an ability he kept from the influence of the Rinnnegan's Preta Path or Hashirama's DNA/chakra is pretty unknown. But this also makes me wonder if Kamui could also be susceptible to chakra-absorbing techniques.

That's a point about the Amaterasu that was going to bring up.
And that's also a good question about the Kamui.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.