Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Defending against Amaterasu  (Read 7234 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Defending against Amaterasu
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:12 PM »

I recently dropped Kamui and started using Amaterasu, and I was wondering about the chakra armor defense against it. If ones body is coated in chakra, and they get hit with Amaterasu, lets say in the arm, If and when the chakra armor was released, would the flames fall upon the person? It seems like they would have no where else to go. This is assuming the afflicted person is not the host of a bijuu. The average ninja cant hold chakra armor for a week waiting for the flames to die, right?

I would also like to know why the Raikage cut his arm off if chakra armor can protect you from the flames.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Defending against Amaterasu
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »

I'm confused. Having your body coated with chakra is not a good defense against Amaterasu at all.
If they are hit with Amaterasu, I would believe it will eventually spread throughout the body. How fast? I don't know. But the moment Amaterasu hits a body part, it's bye-bye. Your options is to remove the inflicted body part or get engulf in flames.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-31674-15/naruto/chapter-463.html
From that page, you will see that the Lightning Chakra Armor doesn't not protect the Raikage from Amaterasu. Otherwise, what would be the point in dodging it all those times? >.>

His fellow shinobi said it himself, how the Raikage was sacrificing his arm when he decided to strike Sasuke's shield of Amaterasu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:20:32 AM »

I recently dropped Kamui and started using Amaterasu, and I was wondering about the chakra armor defense against it. If ones body is coated in chakra, and they get hit with Amaterasu, lets say in the arm, If and when the chakra armor was released, would the flames fall upon the person? It seems like they would have no where else to go. This is assuming the afflicted person is not the host of a bijuu. The average ninja cant hold chakra armor for a week waiting for the flames to die, right?

I would also like to know why the Raikage cut his arm off if chakra armor can protect you from the flames.

Depends on the nature of the chakra armor. Sasuke's chidori could cut through the Raikage's lightning release armor and tap his chest; the lightning release armor is stimulation of the nerves and improving reflexes first, defense second.

However, a more tangible defense such as earth release or Gaara's sand armor would initially block Amaterasu until it burns through (if the armor is regenerative this might not even happen) or spreads and sucks all the oxygen from around the target, whichever comes first.

Wind release armor would do you little if any good, and actually be more harmful to have on in that situation. Water release armor would probably evaporate, but hold for as long as there is still more water replenishing it at a rate equal or greater than the rate of evaporation. Earth release armor (that doesn't just harden the skin mind you) would also suffice. Fire release is a maybe in my book, since the black flames have been shown to consume fire release techniques (Itachi vs Sasuke).

The v2 or even v1 cloak would also has been accepted as sufficient as far as defense from being burned at once goes.

Depending on how the armor is dispelled, the flames will either "drop" onto the person or, if the chakra was expelled outward, be sent away from the individual. The Raikage cut off his arm because his "armor" was not up to the task of shielding the Raikage from an attack of that caliber (consider that a different Raiton attack of the chidori katana type did not cut through it). In fact, the technique was recently renamed to chakra mode (not sure who did the renaming):

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Release_Chakra_Mode

So, in short, it varies, depending on the chakra armor and the way the chakra armor works.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 01:39:29 AM »

Well it is known that Amaterasu cant burn though chakra so a chakra armor would a good way to not get burned but The way Eric explained it is pretty much how I saw it. I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:04:16 AM »

When Masane means 'defense', I think she refers to full protection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but her post implies that the person, who got hit with Amaterasu while their chakra armor is active, thinks he'll be okay as long as the armor is active. I disagree with that.

Eric, your post seems implies otherwise (unless I misread your post).
EDIT: I don't think any type of chakra nature of the armor will protect you from Amaterasu.

We know that Sand Armor is actually weak. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Armour_of_Sand
It crumbles upon impact and this could be true for Earth Release based armor as well.

I assume when rating defense that bijuu actual skin is more resilient than V1 or V2 bijuu chakra cloak.
We have seen Amaterasu do harm on a bijuu (eg the 8 tails).

And I think the 'thickness' of this chakra armor plans a role as well.

The samurais were okay since there were covered from head to toe in actual armor. Actual armor vs chakra armor. Although it would be difficult to remove by yourself if the whole armor is covered in black flames.
http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-5/naruto/chapter-464.html

Well it is known that Amaterasu cant burn though chakra so a chakra armor would a good way to not get burned but The way Eric explained it is pretty much how I saw it. I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Covering yourself with pure blue chakra does not give you protection; it just enhances your strength. >.>
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:12:11 AM by Mei »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 02:13:31 AM »

When Masane means 'defense', I think she refers to full protection. Correct me if I'm wrong, but her post implies that the person, who got hit with Amaterasu while their chakra armor is active, thinks he'll be okay as long as the armor is active. I disagree with that.

Eric, your post seems implies otherwise (unless I misread your post).
I don't think any type of chakra nature of the armor will not protect you from Amaterasu.

We know that Sand Armor is actually weak. http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Armour_of_Sand
It crumbles upon impact and this could be true for Earth Release based armor as well.

I assume when rating defense that bijuu actual skin is more resilient than V1 or V2 bijuu chakra cloak.
We have seen Amaterasu do harm on a bijuu (eg the 8 tails).

And I think the 'thickness' of this chakra armor plans a role as well.

The samurais were okay since there were covered from head to toe in actual armor. Actual armor vs chakra armor. Although it would be difficult to remove by yourself if the whole armor is covered in black flames.
http://www.mangapanda.com/93-32546-5/naruto/chapter-464.html

Covering yourself with pure blue chakra does not give you protection; it just enhances your strength. >.>

f,[1] Amaterasu burns basically any material — other flames included — until nothing but ash remains.[7] However, the flames cannot burn through chakra or materials infused with chakra, as they failed to burn into Naruto's Version 1 chakra cloak,[8] or through Gaara's chakra-infused sand.[9]

Kayenta, right there.  And yes the person that sparked this question would have the chakra armor active before getting hit. Since Amaterasu cant burn through chakra, the target should be fine until the armor faded. Like Eric said, if the chakra was projected outward, they would be fine but if they just cant hold up the armor and it simply stopped, I feel lie the flames would fall upon them.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 02:24:33 AM »

Masane, did you actually check the source page for that statement?
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/697/6

This is what it looks like to me. Naruto got hit with Amaterasu in the arm and the bijuu cloak 'stretched' out to keep the flames away from Naruto. >.>
That's not to say it cannot get through the cloak and hurt Naruto.

EDIT: In regards to 'projecting the chakra outward', that may be easier said than done. I have not seen any character capable of emitting a 'chakra blast' from their body. Except for those in the Hyuuga clan and for good reason.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Gentle_Fist_Art_One_Blow_Body

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:30:12 AM by Mei »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »

This is what it looks like to me. Naruto got hit with Amaterasu in the arm and the bijuu cloak 'stretched' out to keep the flames away from Naruto. >.>
That's not to say it cannot get through the cloak and hurt Naruto.

EDIT: In regards to 'projecting the chakra outward', that may be easier said than done. I have not seen any character capable of emitting a 'chakra blast' from their body. Except for those in the Hyuuga clan and for good reason.

Yeah. And the Biju cloak is not regular chakra. The wiki clearly states it cannot burn through chakra. I agree with the 'projecting chakra' thing being a Hyuuga. I would not expect to see just anyone doing that.  I feel like the chakra stretched so that once it was deactivated it was away from Naruto leaving the flames to just fall or whatever.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 02:59:57 AM »

... EDIT: In regards to 'projecting the chakra outward', that may be easier said than done. I have not seen any character capable of emitting a 'chakra blast' from their body. Except for those in the Hyuuga clan and for good reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLRREOGLjlI

5:04 - 5:06

Does that count?

I can't think of any other instances off the top of my head, but projecting chakra outward, while not something everyone and their mother does in the canon, isn't exactly reserved just to Hyugans.

That's not to say it cannot get through the cloak and hurt Naruto...

Stretched? That biju cloak did not stretch at all; notice how Naruto's arm is still visible, by and large, and that the biju cloak part covering his arm has not increased significantly in size, if at all. If anything, Naruto just flung Amaterasu off of him or something to that level of OPness; that cloak definitely did not stretch to any useful degree, and even if it had, it would still have had to detach in order to keep the flames from spreading along the cloak until their extinguishing.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:00:39 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 03:11:55 AM »

... EDIT: In regards to 'projecting the chakra outward', that may be easier said than done. I have not seen any character capable of emitting a 'chakra blast' from their body. Except for those in the Hyuuga clan and for good reason.

Does that count?

I can't think of any other instances off the top of my head, but projecting chakra outward, while not something everyone and their mother does in the canon, isn't exactly reserved just to Hyugans.

Stretched? That biju cloak did not stretch at all; notice how Naruto's arm is still visible, by and large, and that the biju cloak part covering his arm has not increased significantly in size, if at all. If anything, Naruto just flung Amaterasu off of him or something to that level of OPness; that cloak definitely did not stretch to any useful degree, and even if it had, it would still have had to detach in order to keep the flames from spreading along the cloak until their extinguishing.

When that happened, Sasuke stated that he could not control his left eye properly. I think that has a lot to do with why Naruto was able to free himself so easily. Also, Eric the vid you posted, that was Biju chakra. Naruto could not have done that without Kurama.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:15:03 AM by Masane »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 03:17:05 AM »

Does that count?

When that happened, Sasuke stated that he could not control his left eye properly. I think that has a lot to do with why Naruto was able to free himself so easily.

The points are that:

A) Naruto was not immediately burned by the black flames as a direct result of his tailed beast cloak chakra "armor" (for the sake of context)

B) The cloak did not stretch in order to get rid of the Amaterasu.

C) Either Sasuke manually extinguished the flames or the flames went away some other way, since when Naruto doesn't have his cloak and he goes in to get Sasuke he not only has performed the shadow clone jutsu (which requires two hands mind you) but clearly does not have a serious burn on either of his hands, meaning the black flames became non-factor at some point.

* Edit: I was demonstrating that there was another instance of someone with particularly poor chakra control did exude alot  chakra from their body; yes, there was a bunch of 9-tails involvement, but dispelling certain chakra armors outwards from the body is not out of the realm of possibility.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:19:02 AM by Eric »

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 03:29:26 AM »

A) Naruto was not immediately burned by the black flames as a direct result of his tailed beast cloak chakra "armor" (for the sake of context)

C) Either Sasuke manually extinguished the flames or the flames went away some other way, since when Naruto doesn't have his cloak and he goes in to get Sasuke he not only has performed the shadow clone jutsu (which requires two hands mind you) but clearly does not have a serious burn on either of his hands, meaning the black flames became non-factor at some point.

It kind of looks like Naruto flings off the chakra cloak that was getting burned. Basically, taking the part that was getting burned and slinging it off as if it was a giant booger or something. So, the part of the cloak that got flung off was still getting burned. But technically, all we're doing here is inferring based off of what we saw. Until it's animated, we might not know what happened.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 03:40:13 AM »

The points are that:

* Edit: I was demonstrating that there was another instance of someone with particularly poor chakra control did exude alot  chakra from their body; yes, there was a bunch of 9-tails involvement, but dispelling certain chakra armors outwards from the body is not out of the realm of possibility.

I understand that. Anyway my question has been answered. I just did not want people to be like 'My body was coated in chakra so I'm safe.'  Thanks for the input guys.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:42:34 AM »

....leave it to bijuu chakra to be the exception with projecting chakra outward. You got me there Eric.

The flame was on Naruto's hand on one slide and then it wasn't on the next. It looks like a stretch to me. >.>

Like Teostra said, I guess we have to wait and see how it's animated.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 07:37:50 AM »

Just to but in, but you can't always go by the wiki. At the end of the day, it's not official. Hold more weight in chapter scans.

Based on that, I can say that the only "pure" chakra armor that provides protection is a biju's.

But there are many other ways to defend against the technique, even though it claims to be as hot as the sun, it burns rather slow.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.