Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Could a Ninja Live off Their Own Jutsu?  (Read 4311 times)

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
Could a Ninja Live off Their Own Jutsu?
« on: April 10, 2015, 03:32:54 AM »

Like suppose a ninja is thirsty, could s/he use water release to quench themselves? Or wood release to make some banana trees?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Could a Ninja Live off Their Own Jutsu?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:01 AM »

Water yes, wood I don't think so. Mokuton doesn't really bend to creating else from scratch besides the simpler leafy trees, maybe pines.

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »

Water yes, wood I don't think so. Mokuton doesn't really bend to creating else from scratch besides the simpler leafy trees, maybe pines.

Mad wicked back scratchers though.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »

Well, wood release does have the ability to sprout flowers. I imagine some sort of fruit or nut isn't exactly that far-fetched after that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »

If you're a high level user, yes. You just draw water from the air or ground. Now if we're talking about a desert or something where the air is dry and so is the ground you have nothing to draw from.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »

No need. Takes a bunch more chakra than drawing on existing sources, but you can just create it from nothing as well.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »

No need. Takes a bunch more chakra than drawing on existing sources, but you can just create it from nothing as well.

If there are no existing sources, then a new "source" would have to be inspired or outright created by the user. After all, you would only have to create the flowers and plants once, maybe twice and they would last you quite a while.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Release:_Great_Exploding_Water_Colliding_Wave

You can make a lot of water :D

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 04:09:35 AM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Release:_Great_Exploding_Water_Colliding_Wave

You can make a lot of water :D

How much of that water is potable though? Like, does some of your own spit get in there when you spew it from your mouth? Does the water last indefinitely? I wonder if water release users in Wind Country are highly valued considering the mass amount of desert. Just imagine, get some good corpses and manure + water + management jutsu and Bablyon Garden Wonders could be built all over the desert country.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 05:40:03 AM »

I feel like it stays as long as you utilize chakra control to stop it from soaking into anything, and I guess drinking it would just restore your chakra reserves?

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 06:13:40 AM »

If that's true, what if someone else drank it? Would they convert it to chakra? Seems like a good way to get out of a water prison. You're getting hydrated AND gaining chakra.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »

I think if it's not your chakra then it wouldn't return to your reserves, it would just drown you or whatever,

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 03:35:02 PM »

If that's true, what if someone else drank it? Would they convert it to chakra? Seems like a good way to get out of a water prison. You're getting hydrated AND gaining chakra.

I think so. But if the user did it, they wouldn't be gaining that much back due to how much they expended to use in the first place.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »

I feel like it stays as long as you utilize chakra control to stop it from soaking into anything, and I guess drinking it would just restore your chakra reserves?

I highly doubt it would restore your chakra reserves just by drinking it. I think it would just hydrate you, unless you have the ability to absorb chakra.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »

Only advanced users can turn their own chakra to water. In the sense of normal Naruto ninja doing this they wouldn't be able to. So like Kisame and Zabuza would probably be able to but a normal chunin or maybe jounin wouldn't be able to. It's much easier to manipulate pre-existing water.

Using your own chakra while near death from dehydration is a fine line. Dehydration probably drops your chakra levels dramatically and since they are so low yet you're also dehydrated you might die either way.

No chakra = death
No water = death

You'd have to decide if you have enough chakra or not if you were in a desert.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.