Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Boruto: Naruto the Movie trailer  (Read 2276 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Boruto: Naruto the Movie trailer
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:54:59 AM »

Hot of the presses. You guys might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRILPHZGY20
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Boruto: Naruto the Movie trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:26:57 AM »

Hot of the presses. You guys might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRILPHZGY20

Thanks for the share, but my legit reaction was:

It's like a rehashed Naruto. Forget you Baruto, if you could possibly master the talk no jutsu technique even half as good as Naruto, you would still be not even be on the same level as even Minato.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:46:05 AM »

I'm hoping it's okay. Hopefully Bolt is more like the Naruto from the original pilot manga. A prankster and hot head.
I just wish that Kishi would work on that mafia manga, Mario. That was a cool on. But unfortunately, it was probably just a one shot.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:03:34 AM »

Gross. These kids (or more specifically Boruto) appear once and already garner enough fame to get their/his own movie? I was already turned off from the character when we found him vandalizing the Hokage faces and found out his actual name was BorUTO. If I hear that he also sucks at jutsu, has little to no friends, says "Believe it", and only eats ramen, i'm not even going to give this movie a chance.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 04:53:15 AM »

Well, this is Kishi expanding the Narutoverse. And his name is really Bolt. It's just that the Japanese have a strange way of pronouncing things. But, we won't know what he's like until later.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 07:15:09 AM »

Well, this is Kishi expanding the Narutoverse. And his name is really Bolt. It's just that the Japanese have a strange way of pronouncing things. But, we won't know what he's like until later.

True, I just feel personally the Narutoverse doesn't need expansion. For me, it all begins and ends with the dream of a young blonde haired ninja. He fought for his beliefs, he grew, made comrades, changed the world (kinda). The Curse of Hatred was snuffed out, the big bads from primordial past defeated, and he ended up with a woman who has always loved him. (But then again, this is all coming from a guy who thinks DBZ should have ended with Frieza or Cell)

I understand how it is a reference to his cousin Neji, but there was nothing else to call him without the spelling of "ruto" at the end? I doubt the Japanese language lacks synonyms for words. To me, it seems like shameless fame leaching (like how the last GT movie was about Goku Jr, not actually Goku). I guess I expected different since Kishimoto made Minato and Naruto very distinct people.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.