Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Naruto Secret Chronicles  (Read 1858 times)

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Naruto Secret Chronicles
« on: April 19, 2015, 03:48:07 PM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Hiden

In case folks were unaware, there have been and will be more releases of Naruto-based content that delves into the lives of several characters after the series ends. Presumably, the Akatsuki based one will probably be more retrospective and give more depth to Akatsuki characters that were never really explored much in the series.

The wikia pages of some of the novels that have already came out does have a summary of if not the entire plot lain out, so read those in full at your own risk of spoilers!

In particular interest to me was of course the Shikamaru Hiden one, since on the wikia it gives some intriguing details regarding it. Yet, I have yet to find an English version of it on the internet. X_x

* The interesting detail is that when Shikamaru walked into a dark, closed off room with the book's antagonist, Gengo, he didn't use shadow imitation against him until the subsequent arrival of his comrades, who opened a door and let in some light. I'm trying to find more details about the room in question, since shadow imitation usage in such a situation has come up at least twice in decisive fights that I have had with folks, one of which was a biju battle.

I'm ready for the told-you-so, but I'm still going to be on the lookout.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:20:34 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Teostra

• View Profile
Re: Naruto Secret Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:35:40 AM »

You gotta remember that it's still technically non-canon for those sticklers that like to focus on the Naruto-canon. It's written by other authors and illustrated by Kishi. It'd be like trying to say that the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure novels are canon. They're cool nonetheless, but too bad it's just filler :(

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Naruto Secret Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:51:57 AM »

More of a point of view issue if I'm asked, unless of course Kishi himself or some other bigshot blurts out they are in fact canon. Personally I don't see why wouldn't they be canon >> read a bit on a few of them, and they're looking rather cool.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.