Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rules of Shinobi Legends Warfare  (Read 3462 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Rules of Shinobi Legends Warfare
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »

Since this game is more of a cliche of who likes who, here is my two cents.

There's no RULES for warfare, if rules were used, the US Colonies would have been voided by the British for using Guerilla Tactics. They thought it was unfair, but look who won?

Anyway, two people vs. village was fun, but the lack of creativity was sad. :/ I figured people would think of ways to stop us.
#IWAisSilly

If there were no rules, then there wouldn't be any issues with large scale shinobilegends warfare now would there be? The British, to a large extent, fought by conventional rules of European warfare at the time and paid for it. American soldiers in the deserts fought insurgents using Geneva Convention-like rules of warfare, and are still paying for it.

It is not a matter of whether rules exist, but whether they are followed or not. And here on SL, everyone has their own set of rules (i would imagine) that makes it really hard to bring people together for a realm-wide war. I am sure you have personally felt the effects of this system at one time or another.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 11:53:50 PM »

I believe the two nations going at war would summon sort of 'Codes of Conduct' during battle stating viewpoints they both see as unjust in war. Otherwise a definite set of rules is hard to make. Although, one rule/regulation we could go over is inactivity time. I know during my time playing defense on Oto, village battles can become lengthy due to a single or multiple parties slow response time. Sometimes taking weeks to get a single response in dire times. So maybe a ruling set to make it acceptable to skip over a certain players actions over an x amount of time and cause them to be 'auto-hit' or dealt with in accordance to RP, as if they went MIA during the mission or whatever. Or we can discuss how one would go about and wage war between certain nations, since an overall siege of a village/country isn't necessarily war; rather an aggressive take over.

Then there would be the matter at hand during a war, some nations would restrict access to their village from foriegners and allied nations of their enemy. Causing a whole mix of RP to be done. I am truly trying to test out how a war would be done, NPC wise so its much easier regulated, but It certainly would be fun to organize and construct one with the community as well. I agree with Eric, that we should indeed have a certain set of rules/regulations of how, as civil keyboard warriors to go about war.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:20 AM »

Is this the equivalent of the united nations international laws of war?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:07 AM »

Is this the equivalent of the united nations international laws of war?

I think similar would be preferable to equivalent with that analogy, since we don't want to actually inhibit the ability of people to wage conventional war period.  8)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.