Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Group RP  (Read 5601 times)

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Group RP
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:15:56 AM »

I was thinking of the current zones and the invitational zone fights. In the default zones you have to pick a pre-provided description and anyone can post. The second can only be 1v1 and you can only pick default zone descriptions.

So I was thinking for a better rp zone structure. Group RP zones. ~

This will be like the invitation zones, but with more free will.

Zones will cost 1000 gold per level you are to create. So level 5 is 5000 to create and so on.

In these zones you can invite up to 10 people. The one to make it will be the "Zone Master" and can invite/remove whoever they want. If they're not invited then they can't join and they can leave of their own will.

And instead of pre-described zones the Zone Master would get the option to write the zone description much like one could do in their dwellings or clan descriptions. And maybe be able to upload a zone picture for 10000 gold. ~ (or 100 dp)

So:

Click on Fighting Zones. (Rename it to Rp zones perhaps? >>)
Click on Group Rp zones (Newly added section for group RP)
Click on Invite Player(s) (Instead of only one can add up to 10)
Click and Search players names and invite them (By login name of course)

Things you can edit about the fight:

The name (Already an option)
Amount of Time (Add options for 1 day, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months)
The battle will commence (Add options for 1 to 7 days)
The Zone Type (Current options PLUS one dubbed 'Create your own'
Do you want to allow spectators. (Add an option to be able to invite only certain spectators)
If yes, can they post or only watch. (Keep as is | Yes or No)

If they selected 'create your own' after pushing the 'pay' option it will create a zone with an area to edit the description. (Like the dwellings and clans have)

Also add an option to remove or add more players even if the zone is already made. (Each invite will cost 100-1000 gold) to remove them is free.

Keep the /game command in. ~

So that's all I can think of right now. >> SL has become and RP site and I think a lot will use this feature more so than the invitational 1 v 1 zones.

TL;DR

Group RP Zones with lots of extras.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:32:56 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Group RP
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 04:22:02 AM »

I do like this if I want a lot of people in one spot without having randoms join in on the rp or any unwelcome guests.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 04:46:34 AM »

sounds great!

i like this although i dont think i would paticipate in these rp areas often. but a great idea none the less.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :eek: :eek: :) :)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:20 PM »

Bumping this idea back to current topic. Somehow I missed it completely but it is relevant to the discussion on opening up the zones to all ranks thread.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8772.0.html

I like this idea a lot. I would want to keep the option to allow spectators to post as well. This would be an amazing perk for SL RP. I would also want an option to extend time in the zone if RP went beyond that initially chosen through paying for an extension. Perhaps a counter? X number of days until termination. Or just a thread at the top where the date of closure is precalculated based on what length was purchased?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:59:18 PM »

Actually the invitational zones already allow for spectators and give you the option of allowing them to post or not, which is already a private group rp zone.

It lets you pick basic set ups for the zone, so I think it would be a cool modification for the zone to be given typed descriptions by the zone creator.

Also if the time limit on private zones could be removed they would be much more pratical, I don't know how many times Madara and I had to make like 5 zones to continue our fight because the time would run out, not even due to inactivity, just long fights.

I think this would bring the private zones more attention and simultaneously add the new zones that everyone wants by simply allowing them to make the zone whatever way they chose by providing the description, and this seems to require the least amount of work,

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 03:06:58 AM »

yes, I know. I Would like to see that option for settings with respect to spectators stay the same.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 03:13:24 AM »

yes, I know. I Would like to see that option for settings with respect to spectators stay the same.

Yes

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird.me (Anime Community)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 03:38:58 AM »

I have an additional function request that may or may not be possible to be implemented with the above already mentioned.

Would it be possible to give the discussed "Zone Master" temporary Game Master 'like' privileges to the zone that they are currently renting out (obviously not global)?

I ask this because it would allow the Zone Master true total control over the happenings in the zone. They can modify and remove RP posts deemed inappropriate or on request depending on the preset terms of the fight going in (which keeps the RP clean and smooth running, along with the respective logs). They can of course choose to hide their name and post real time events during the course of the RP, an example being a volcano zone that currently has a dormant volcano based on the preset description that was modified going in. During the course of the RP and power struggle between the nin fighting, the volcano erupts thus changing the entire environment and respective strategies the nin can utilize.

You get the gist of it. I feel this would be beneficial in a few different ways.

• One, it would free up global Game Masters so they do not have to be called upon for every Private Zone battle that is requesting a third party to referee the match and/or spawn random events during the match, or allow whoever has an idea for their own RP event that may not be battle related to just go for it and do it themselves without having to describe their idea to a global GM and have them carry it out for them.
  • Two, it gives total control and creative freedom to the common player of the website.
  • Three, it could potentially be used as an additional means to gauge future applicants' qualifications for a GM position on the global site. After all, someone utilizing and properly carrying out all the aspects and features of Zone Master multiple times throughout a time span would be a more experienced candidate for Game Master after building up a good rapport.

Anywho, I agree with the OP's idea and all of the ideas that have been posted so far in response to the OP's idea. I figured I would toss in an idea myself.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 03:44:41 AM »

How about Group PMs?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 03:48:17 AM »

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:22:15 AM »

How about Group PMs?

Oh, that would be a great idea as well. A reply and reply all would of course need to be included as well so side-conversations can take place and so that everyone does not get hammered by responses.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 04:29:52 AM »

How about Group PMs?

Oh, that would be a great idea as well. A reply and reply all would of course need to be included as well so side-conversations can take place and so that everyone does not get hammered by responses.

That's a very good mention, it would be tedious to get bombarded with every individuals response, especially if they didn't pertain to the group conversation

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

I have an additional function request that may or may not be possible to be implemented with the above already mentioned.

Would it be possible to give the discussed "Zone Master" temporary Game Master 'like' privileges to the zone that they are currently renting out (obviously not global)?

I ask this because it would allow the Zone Master true total control over the happenings in the zone. They can modify and remove RP posts deemed inappropriate or on request depending on the preset terms of the fight going in (which keeps the RP clean and smooth running, along with the respective logs). They can of course choose to hide their name and post real time events during the course of the RP, an example being a volcano zone that currently has a dormant volcano based on the preset description that was modified going in. During the course of the RP and power struggle between the nin fighting, the volcano erupts thus changing the entire environment and respective strategies the nin can utilize.

You get the gist of it. I feel this would be beneficial in a few different ways.

• One, it would free up global Game Masters so they do not have to be called upon for every Private Zone battle that is requesting a third party to referee the match and/or spawn random events during the match, or allow whoever has an idea for their own RP event that may not be battle related to just go for it and do it themselves without having to describe their idea to a global GM and have them carry it out for them.
  • Two, it gives total control and creative freedom to the common player of the website.
  • Three, it could potentially be used as an additional means to gauge future applicants' qualifications for a GM position on the global site. After all, someone utilizing and properly carrying out all the aspects and features of Zone Master multiple times throughout a time span would be a more experienced candidate for Game Master after building up a good rapport.

Anywho, I agree with the OP's idea and all of the ideas that have been posted so far in response to the OP's idea. I figured I would toss in an idea myself.

"Keep the /game command in. ~" Was the command used for players to post something without their name being seen. The only thing that didn't include was the ability to remove other players posts and I don't think it should be given to the zone master so much as the person who posted it.

The zone master has the ability to already kick a player, but to have the power to remove AND edit someone's post(s)? That's too much.

These rps should be among friends. That's what the idea got started from. So if one does get cheeky and go rouge just kick them. Only mods have such power to remove posts and/or edit them. Should stay that way. What if the zone master goes rouge and decides to delete all the rp? That wouldn't be good. So /game given I, already as stated, am for. Just not deleting posts or editing someone's.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »

How about Group PMs?

That's a very good mention, it would be tedious to get bombarded with every individuals response, especially if they didn't pertain to the group conversation

This idea would require a whole new PM interface and unless one of you here has coding experience methinks Neji won't do it. That's one of my worries with this group rp idea. There will have to be some new code added for it, but I wrote down parts where code could be taken from.

Anywho this sounds like it needs to be in it's own thread if you want to get serious about implementing it.

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 12:41:52 AM »

"Keep the /game command in. ~" Was the command used for players to post something without their name being seen. The only thing that didn't include was the ability to remove other players posts and I don't think it should be given to the zone master so much as the person who posted it.

The zone master has the ability to already kick a player, but to have the power to remove AND edit someone's post(s)? That's too much.

These rps should be among friends. That's what the idea got started from. So if one does get cheeky and go rouge just kick them. Only mods have such power to remove posts and/or edit them. Should stay that way. What if the zone master goes rouge and decides to delete all the rp? That wouldn't be good. So /game given I, already as stated, am for. Just not deleting posts or editing someone's.

Ah, didnt know what the whole /game was for when it was initially mentioned despite how obvious it seems now.

Good points brought up regarding post edit/deletion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:42:21 AM by MaliciousWolf »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.