Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Group RP  (Read 5600 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Group RP
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 01:09:17 PM »

Sorry to trouble a few here =/

a) group PMs are not gonna happen. I'd have to re-write the mail system totally - which I won't do.
Fun fact: A customer of the company I worked with asked for something like that with SharePoint, we calculated the cost somewhere in the mid 5 figures ;)
That's the amount of work needed to build on your own.

b) Post editing -> not easily done, I'd rather not. Deletion may be talked about.

c) I agree the "hours" are not really up to date with current RPing on the site. I shifted hours to days. 36 days for a match now. Check if it works though :)

Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »

oh that is great neji. Thanks for the 36 day increase and holy smoke, who knew it could be so involved.

I was on another *cough* place for a bit and they had this...time limit to delete a post just made function. it was less than a minute i believe. Which was alright. At least we could just kill that post and try to write it over correctly. But like I said it was timed. After so long the post was permanent. And you only had the option to delete your own post too.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »

I didn't test it yet fully, as I don't have a few days to test expiration. Tell me if it works. It looks good code-wise.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 08:54:31 PM »

It seems to be working, thanks so much. 36 days is an amazing limit :D

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 09:31:14 PM »

a) group PMs are not gonna happen. I'd have to re-write the mail system totally - which I won't do.
Fun fact: A customer of the company I worked with asked for something like that with SharePoint, we calculated the cost somewhere in the mid 5 figures ;)

b) Post editing -> not easily done, I'd rather not. Deletion may be talked about.

c) I agree the "hours" are not really up to date with current RPing on the site. I shifted hours to days. 36 days for a match now. Check if it works though :)

What about the other options for zone description and more than a 1v1 battle and such?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »

What about the other options for zone description and more than a 1v1 battle and such?

Well the more than 1v1 battles can be done in the private zones by allowing Spectators posting rights, if the fight goes on longer than 36 days, then i'm not sure what to say lol

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 09:01:58 AM »

Just five? I'm willing donate my income for this cause.

Jk I don't have an income.

Hey guys, let's all RP on AIM. It'll be like 7th grade all over again for me.

But in all honesty, thanks Neji for the 36 day extension. I can now live on SL if need be

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »

Genesis, your avatar is a bit disturbing when I consider your last sentence  :o

Limits can be changed with relative ease :D new functions or extensions are a different thing.

Mostly architecture (like with buildings) limits the software, or at least, makes it expensive to overhaul.

1:1
1:n (1 against multiple)
n:m (multiple against multiple)

are such basic layouts. If you want to change 1:1 to 1:n or m:n, it means a lot of detailed work, if not partially substitute larger code parts or the whole application.

Like with group-pms :)
I'd currently rather patch it with extensions so it has, with minor workarounds, the same functionality you desire, rather than re-program most parts.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 04:49:34 AM »

How days/months does it take for the text to 'fade out'?
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.