Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Max Power for Characters?  (Read 3516 times)

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
Max Power for Characters?
« on: May 10, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »

As the title says, is there a max limit for character power? I was reading a similar thread in terms of KG limitations and it got me thinking. I don't know if it is an unspoken rule, but what is to stop a person from using multiple power multipliers to the extreme? Lets say we have a Nine Tails Jinchuriki, who has unlocked Nine Tails Chakra Mode,  has Perfect Sage Mode, Lightning Release Armor, using the 7th or 8th Gate, Curse Seal/Seven Star,  plus they are a Jashinist etc etc.                                         

Is this all okay? Or is there some limiter?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Max Power for Characters?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »

As the title says, is there a max limit for character power? I was reading a similar thread in terms of KG limitations and it got me thinking. I don't know if it is an unspoken rule, but what is to stop a person from using multiple power multipliers to the extreme? Lets say we have a Nine Tails Jinchuriki, who has unlocked Nine Tails Chakra Mode,  has Perfect Sage Mode, Lightning Release Armor, using the 7th or 8th Gate, Curse Seal/Seven Star,  plus they are a Jashinist etc etc.                                         

HAve you not met Bocc yet?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:46:08 PM »

HAve you not met Bocc yet?

I suspect that that was the inspiration for the various powers that he listed off.  ;)

Again, up to this point, it's been largely subjective. Whatever your group accepts as the limit, if there is one.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 04:50:45 PM »

Everyone in this thread that's discussing how powerful characters can be, will not make their character any weaker. Instead, they'll just use this topic as an excuse to tell other people that their characters are too strong.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »

I've said time and time again and still do.

I will rp with 16 resets or just 2. They only need to do the same. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »

Maximum power should be what one is able to become creative-enough with what there is in canon. At least that's what I've done with myself, which is how I justify my Susanoo Sage Mode (Susanoo (Sharingan) + Sage Mode) and Takehaya Susanoo (Wood Release + Susanoo (Sharingan) + Sage Mode). Though I've eliminated the possibility of ever learning gates by subbing those two resets for the ability to use the latter technique.

But here's a fun question. Would you even be able to use Lightning Release Chakra Mode, if you're already enshrouded by another chakra-mode-like ability? (Ex. Nine Tails Chakra Mode, Susanoo, Susanoo Sage Mode, etc.) I don't think people would really like to have to deal with a Uchiha's Susanoo under the influence of it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »

But here's a fun question. Would you even be able to use Lightning Release Chakra Mode, if you're already enshrouded by another chakra-mode-like ability? (Ex. Nine Tails Chakra Mode, Susanoo, Susanoo Sage Mode, etc.) I don't think people would really like to have to deal with a Uchiha's Susanoo under the influence of it.

I can't think of any evidence to disprove this so most will go on that and say that it can be done.

Also all charka mode techs are using your chakra. So it stands to say they can be mixed together and when you master a beast it's safe to say you can mix your chakra with theirs. Nothing here to disprove you cannot.

Should we allow it? Well we can't disallow it. ^_^

This topic is interesting, but will go nowhere.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »

I can't think of any evidence to disprove this so most will go on that and say that it can be done.

Also all charka mode techs are using your chakra. So it stands to say they can be mixed together and when you master a beast it's safe to say you can mix your chakra with theirs. Nothing here to disprove you cannot.

Who needs Gates when I can just go Lightning Six Paths Susanoo Sage Mode?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

Exactly!

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

Well SL allows us to reborn 16 times and mix them into 4 Kekkei Genkai; mastering them. This can indeed be broken down and scattered throughout your characters in other abilities and performance enhancers. YET we must realize that KG relate to BLOODLINE techniques and aren't just some technique you are able to learn out of the blue. After years of intense modeling I seem to enjoy the way my characters have grown up in the SL world. Also a side-note, how are ninja powerful if they do not continually train and test their abilities only to improve them? That is the whole point to become stronger so why throw that out of the mix? Practice with something long enough and you'll be a master! Putting that aside, I personally believe beyond 4-5 KG's is nearly stretching the limitations that is humanely possible. Unless you are some Hiruko/Kakuzu creature. Otherwise, everyone is just a hybrid of everything and should just fall under the Ōtsutsuki clan then. >__>'

Yet we shouldn't limit our characters to the preset SL has defined for us, like I have for my Keito; he despises the sharingan and lacks any ocular KG, for such he makes up with his Elemental KG and mastery of Sage Mode. Since Nagato was already something I was envisioning with Keito, figured I'd go a different path with this Uzumaki. We don't have to make copys of canon characters, like everyone seems to want to do with Madara and so on. >>;

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 06:35:12 PM »

Common sense for me. The more things you stack the more energy you burn, the greater the strain gets, and eventually you hit the line where you start dealing damage to yourself even by just standing still in such a state, much less fighting. You've become death, destroyer of worlds? Okay, but you aren't enjoying that power more than a minute til you burn to ashes akin to Gai after 8th gate.

Simple enough.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »

I would not RP with someone sporting and using such a technique, and if it became the norm on here when fighting, I would simply leave SL RP. Not that many would lament such a thing as I can be such a pain in the backside, but I would not personally accept that without some serious drawbacks.

In a room full of intangible hackers in MW3, the less stressful solution is often times to just leave and find another room, or put the game down once and for all. Similar thing here on shinobilegends.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hono Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »

It tickles me pink that Madz of all peeps posted this topic. xD

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »

Shadow and I once tried to get a power limit of characters, it was something like

2 KG
1 Hiden
3 natural elements
etc.

It didn't go well with everyone >>

But yes there is a limit
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 06:33:14 AM »

I'll simply takes Uetto with the 8-gates and own anything you guys wanna throw around. There is a reason I have never used them... Mainly evaluate it would be more OP than mega wood release Sage Mode combo.

Plus I find it funny I take a simple Guitar and beat most of these unstoppable forces, lol. Hell I could have beat Bocc in two or three turns if I had truly wanted to. After using nothin more then a flash bang like object.

The simply fact I matter is it doesn't matter what you give your character and what everyone else gives their. Rp skill always wins. I have Uetto so much because for nearly ten years I only used one character/ account. Therefor I'd learn new stuff to fight with just to change things up. I've never been pushed to really have to use more then two styles in a fight other then when I wish to troll some.

I don't see nothing wrong with having as many things as you want. I just think as a rp you should always start off slow and basic with your skills in a fight. Then build up to a grand gods battle. Not hair start off nylon the world like many do. And I have done before to simply piss people off.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.