Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tenseigan vs Rinnegan  (Read 8642 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Tenseigan vs Rinnegan
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 12:27:48 AM »

It mean, it's not like you don't have to do some kind of Rp for the Rinnegan >.> You kinda have to "kill off" Someone in order to get to the eternal state, then you can get the Rinnegan. You can't skip that step, so you do in fact have to do some modicum of RP in order to attain the Rinnegan. At least this way your not killing of other players to get it. Unfortunately, there is always that percentage of people who claim you can just trade eyes and get it, when that is just in poor taste considering the work other have to put in.

Who says we have to follow in the flawed footsteps of the Rinnegan, and accept the crap people want to claim? Me and Warren are put forth effort to create a system where the Tenseigan cannot be abused by anyone who just buys a 16 reborn and wants to get a chakra cloak. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 12:57:42 AM »

@Eric:

I understand your concern about having only two people who are able to help obtain the Tenseigan, but I counter your concern with this:

How is it any different than someone seeking another out for training on a specific technique? Sage mode? IC knowledge of current events?

Answer is simple: It is not different.

Their pathway to obtaining that power creates RP. Would you honestly want people to run around saying they claim it without actually working for it? This way, it truly ensures we (as a society) will have documentation of whom achieved this particular ability.

I believe the Rinnegan should have been handled in this very similar way but it was too late to implement such a tactic. Especially with how (loosely stating) vague it was to obtain it.

Obtaining the Tenseigan is very specific. They found a way to bring it to SL. They achieved it via RP and as one of the watchers of the event, obtained it legitimately and pleasantly.

Why should they be punished (or in this case yelled at) for creating a path for more RP?

And should you get a challenger that claims the power of the Tenseigan, you will have the ability to address Warren and/or Rusaku to confirm their claim to be valid is true. If it isn't true, then you have a legitimate reason to revoke that specific ability for that challenge.

I did not at any point go caps out yelling, but that is besides the point. Secret techniques are not generally KG. In-game knowledge is not a KG in the strictest sense. The only way the two would be comparable is if some secret technique required to turn on Tensaigan were being guarded, then I can see how it is comparable. Even then, Tensaigan would transcend the ordinary technique guard precedents and would fall more into the forbidden/restricted jutsu (Edo Tensei, Hiraishin), making it the first dojutsu (I.E, the first of its kind) to fall under that category if memory serves. I didn't realize dojutsu power-ups could fall in that category.

Sage mode can be acquired just by in-game resets alone in some circles, so definitely incomparable in this situation. IC acquisition of IC knowledge of current events can be BS'ed so well for the sake of plot convenience that it is practically common practice to do so unless it involves an unwilling party, in which case proof of such IC acquisition tends to cut down on the IC knowledge acquisition hack.

So no, the answer is not "simply" no to that question. Regarding the challenge list, I would still opt to void it even if they had gotten Tensaigan through Warren and Rusaku.

... Who says we have to follow in the flawed footsteps of the Rinnegan, and accept the crap people want to claim? Me and Warren are put forth effort to create a system where the Tenseigan cannot be abused by anyone who just buys a 16 reborn and wants to get a chakra cloak. 

This still does not seem to explain to me why you two and you two alone should be in charge of declaring who is worthy of receiving it IC and who is not worthy of receiving it IC. As Teostra suggested, while you two might could be subdued and forced into going through the ropes, I find it unlikely that either of your characters could be coerced just short of Koto to do such a thing, not to mention the difficulty in finding out that you even have the ability to do all of this.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 01:25:23 AM »

So no, the answer is not "simply" no to that question. Regarding the challenge list, I would still opt to void it even if they had gotten Tensaigan through Warren and Rusaku.

...hoookay, if you say so.

There's nothing negative about it and several people have already openly stated they prefer things this way, yet still you complain? Couldn't be more obvious you're not changing your mind, so here's a suggestion.

Do us and yourself a favor and just drop it then, you do your thing and rest of us will do ours. Continuing to insist about it further at this point is accomplishing nothing except further waste of everyones time.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 01:50:00 AM »

Eric, you've already stated to have a vested interest in this argument, said interest not even being along the lines of "What if I want one?" but more to the tune of "What if I have to fight one?"
I would find it strange you keep arguing against this, and would ask what your suggestion to handling it would be, but I'm certain the answer would be akin to "ban it".
There's nothing wrong with the get it through RP method discussed. It only makes the case for people to have said tenseigan stronger. It also would at least put a sort of limit on the amount of people who have them, unlike the Rinnegan (although keep in mind the Hiraishin, which everyone has or has some variant of at this point.) There's nothing even wrong with the dojutsu itself, as its clipped version is clearly less powerful on its own than even the clipped Rinnegan.
The only thing I, an outsider who barely even plays this game, can see from your argument is "I don't want to deal with it".
In which case:
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »

Eric, you've already stated to have a vested interest in this argument, said interest not even being along the lines of "What if I want one?" but more to the tune of "What if I have to fight one?"
I would find it strange you keep arguing against this, and would ask what your suggestion to handling it would be, but I'm certain the answer would be akin to "ban it".
There's nothing wrong with the get it through RP method discussed. It only makes the case for people to have said tenseigan stronger. It also would at least put a sort of limit on the amount of people who have them, unlike the Rinnegan (although keep in mind the Hiraishin, which everyone has or has some variant of at this point.) There's nothing even wrong with the dojutsu itself, as its clipped version is clearly less powerful on its own than even the clipped Rinnegan.
The only thing I, an outsider who barely even plays this game, can see from your argument is "I don't want to deal with it".
In which case:

I would not bother fighting a "void it altogether" argument at this point, not after having seen so many people completely fine what has already been presented by Warren and Rusaku.

Actually, my opting for handling it would be for a centrally located altar of sorts, in Jisiegakure, overseen by a relatively neutral party, where only the hard qualifications (the bloodline basically, etc.) be the deciding factor in whether someone can get Tensaigan or not, not the sifting whim of two players already known to have affiliations this world over.

Very easily I could just hand over the tailed beast to another individual simply because I would refuse to acknowledge a Tensaigan achieved in this manner, and indeed, then I truly am free to just go my separate way from the issue and not bother with the other train tracks as Warren suggested. But not until then.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 03:08:57 AM »

So just the same as now you could complain of every single suggestion except your own, like you did when the poll for new more active GMs was up? I think not.

We've established a good way for it that basically everyone is okay with, and any further would derail this topic from the original post even more than it already is.

I'd say this topic can be locked.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 03:09:54 AM »

Locked. Forever. Maybe for a bit? Who knows. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.