Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Challenge list waiting line  (Read 1834 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Challenge list waiting line
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »

Once again I don't know if this has been talked about before or not..

Hosts have challenge lists and it's first come first serve. So if I challenged Warren first then obviously I get to go at him first.
However what happens when I challenge him and something comes up prolonging when we fight? I think there should be a 1 week time allowance before the challenger skips to the next person in line.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Challenge list waiting line
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:36:56 AM »

A week, or maybe two sounds like an appropriate amount of time. I say if they time out, they are put to the bottom of the list so at least they can retain their challenge, and still get their chance to fight assuming the host retains his beast.   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 07:10:28 AM »

If inactivity for a host is 2 weeks, then it seems reasonable that a challenger have 1 week. They are the eager beaver seeking to take the bijuu after all and should not challenge if they cannot manage to attend the match.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:23:21 AM »

I give my challenger, seven to nine days before I usually skip to the next challenger. (I haven't done so yet but came awfully close to. :oops:)

I also warn my competition that if inactivity becomes an issue, whether valid excuse or not; I have a schedule to keep and a list to go through. (Users are waiting for their chance and I can't keep them waiting for a month and then some.  :twisted:)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 01:40:59 PM »

I've never encountered such a problem until recently; my current "in hot spot" challenger has been very lax about sorting out all of the details for our match. Not that I have been daily PMing him or anything, but I would imagine he would be more eager to sort everything out.

I assume that he may be busy with another tailed beast fight or with life in general, so am I able to just skip him? It was ok while I didn't have anyone else on the list, but since I do have others on the list I'm a bit more conscious of the amount of time it has been since the initial challenge and stuff.

Recent contact from the 27th of May has not yielded much more concrete settling of the match. Is the burden on me to keep trying or should I go ahead and skip to the next challenger and come back at a later time?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »

I've never encountered such a problem until recently; my current "in hot spot" challenger has been very lax about sorting out all of the details for our match. Not that I have been daily PMing him or anything, but I would imagine he would be more eager to sort everything out.

I assume that he may be busy with another tailed beast fight or with life in general, so am I able to just skip him? It was ok while I didn't have anyone else on the list, but since I do have others on the list I'm a bit more conscious of the amount of time it has been since the initial challenge and stuff.

Recent contact from the 27th of May has not yielded much more concrete settling of the match. Is the burden on me to keep trying or should I go ahead and skip to the next challenger and come back at a later time?

The burden isn't on you. It's a on the challenger. If they challenge you and then don't follow up within a week I'd say it's fair to skip them and move on to the next person. It's not fair to the other challengers to have to wait because of other challengers and their issues.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.