Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Senju Clan Ability Amendment: Regeneration Ability  (Read 7766 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Senju Clan Ability Amendment: Regeneration Ability
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 06:54:08 AM »

This is one of those fence sitter topics for me.

On one hand, I don't want every noob...and that includes old timers who make brand new alts...claiming stuff and making mary sues everywhere.

But also, I don't want to be denied access to something that could be used sensibly for my Senju character. Not that she is a combatant, but you never know!

I tend toward the arrogance of saying, "Oh but I would earn it the hard way..." and point to still not being a snake sage after all these years on Kayenta...but at the same time blanch at the audacity of such a thing. Talk about an ego trip. sheesh.

There may be some things we just have to grin and bear. and hope for the best about. We may have to become less hard nosed and more...ok that one got away and is it worth a tirade...about. You know? In the long run, what works toward the best adventures and most fun with the least amount of hoo ha?

I sure am tired of hooo ha. Someone missed something I did and posted it wrong and I was just like...ok I will go with it and never brought it up. It felt rather nice for a change.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »

I'm not gonna say anymore. I'm just keep doing I the way I always have.

Just know though if you seek me out to learn it by some chance it does come with drawbacks. In my opinion everything rp wise should have a draw back.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 06:59:13 PM »

So I haven't read anything besides, like, the first few posts of this topic so excuse me if I'm about to say something that's been said... But seeing as I am one of the people on the claimed list, I felt the need to comment, or more so, point this out.

Even though the power is passive and such, we do know that if someone has the ability to use Sage Mode, then when in Sage Mode the Passive Healing Ability makes it so they can survive death, right? Got your heart torn out? No worries! A hole in the stomach? Just give it a few seconds!

I'll admit that it can be broken when coupled with Sage Mode, and we are talking about possibly making this an ability ANYONE can get?

I don't think that should be a thing xD
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »

So I haven't read anything besides, like, the first few posts of this topic so excuse me if I'm about to say something that's been said... But seeing as I am one of the people on the claimed list, I felt the need to comment, or more so, point this out.

Even though the power is passive and such, we do know that if someone has the ability to use Sage Mode, then when in Sage Mode the Passive Healing Ability makes it so they can survive death, right? Got your heart torn out? No worries! A hole in the stomach? Just give it a few seconds!

I'll admit that it can be broken when coupled with Sage Mode, and we are talking about possibly making this an ability ANYONE can get?

I don't think that should be a thing xD

Just cause you guys out stuff on some wiki with a claim thingy doesn't mean you were the first to have it. Just know that. I hate that wiki so much.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 12:25:57 AM »

... Even though the power is passive and such, we do know that if someone has the ability to use Sage Mode, then when in Sage Mode the Passive Healing Ability makes it so they can survive death, right? Got your heart torn out? No worries! A hole in the stomach? Just give it a few seconds...

Nope, more like coupled with the regenerative powers of the 9-tails and the Shinju might you be able to claim that. The canon technique explicitly states that organs removed (or completely destroyed) cannot be regenerated.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration_Ability

The only exception is when Madara was the 10-tails jinchurikii, and no sage mode that I have read up on as of yet could give that kind of boost.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 12:33:07 AM »

I say nay to regeneration/healing capabilities for any member -- it seems like just Hashirama or whatever had it (reading based on what everyone has posted), so it's not specific to everyone but, rather, an individual? Plus, I kind of feel it's also more of a bijuu thing, just not to the extent or speed of Hashi's, I suppose.

It would just be another thing to claim to be good at without training, etc -- so like some have mentioned, maybe if it comes with a drastic price and difficult training, maybe it could work.

Maybe.

But I've seen people claim instant regeneration and that's silly.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 03:00:02 AM »

I say nay to regeneration/healing capabilities for any member -- it seems like just Hashirama or whatever had it (reading based on what everyone has posted), so it's not specific to everyone but, rather, an individual?
Well we've already amended everything Hashirama-only to all Senju. Like Wood Release, his vitality, one half of the type of chakra needed to make/mold Six Paths Chakra, which that chakra in turn helps to unlock the Rinnegan.

But really, all of Hashirama's specialness comes from the fact that he's the reincarnation of Asura. His chakra, vitality, etc. But we decided upon that revelation that we would attribute everything Hashirama to all Senju, just so people won't have to retcon of their Rinnegan, Wood Release, Senju vitality, etc. The only thing left that SL Senju would have going for them after that is their stamina. Sure that may be a +1. But the entire clan that is born with special eye powers, the Uchiha, have a +10 by comparison if we're going solely by reincarnation of Asura and Indra.

To make it more understandable, Shikotsumyaku was something special to only Kimimaro. But every Kaguya on SL has it and it's perks.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 12:01:22 AM »

I say nay to regeneration/healing capabilities for any member -- it seems like just Hashirama or whatever had it (reading based on what everyone has posted), so it's not specific to everyone but, rather, an individual?
Well we've already amended everything Hashirama-only to all Senju. Like Wood Release, his vitality, one half of the type of chakra needed to make/mold Six Paths Chakra, which that chakra in turn helps to unlock the Rinnegan.

But really, all of Hashirama's specialness comes from the fact that he's the reincarnation of Asura. His chakra, vitality, etc. But we decided upon that revelation that we would attribute everything Hashirama to all Senju, just so people won't have to retcon of their Rinnegan, Wood Release, Senju vitality, etc. The only thing left that SL Senju would have going for them after that is their stamina. Sure that may be a +1. But the entire clan that is born with special eye powers, the Uchiha, have a +10 by comparison if we're going solely by reincarnation of Asura and Indra.

To make it more understandable, Shikotsumyaku was something special to only Kimimaro. But every Kaguya on SL has it and it's perks.

I agree with Kage every step of the way. While  im not fond of the potential abuse this healing factor could bring, SL attributes everything unique to hashirama to the senju clan itself. This should be no different. Of course it should be taxing to continuously heal wounds, especially larger ones but I don't see too much wrong with it. I wish I could provide more on the topic, but I'm using a phone while on the tail end of vacation so time is limited for me.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »

There have been some perks toward healing that I have obtained through rp over the years that we debuffed so as to only be usable outside of battle and given them numbers of round in order to complete. These were only used to stave off death and not to provide perks during battle.

Perhaps it would be reasonable for those of the Senju who intend to utilize this passive ability to craft it in such a way as to achieve a similar result.

I don't know. Like Court, I feel that the insta healing is a bit of a ridiculous notion, in medical jutsu, let alone something of this sort. It is difficult to gauge a power in every situation that may arise and I would hope that people manage to use things reasonably.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 02:35:45 PM »

...does this only heal minor wounds and scratches? >.>
I don't think you can grow back a lost finger with this.

EDIT: Can someone find manga evidence to support that possessing the cells of Hashirama Senju grants the user regeneration ability? Because I'm looking through all of the references that the Wiki article mentioned and they are misinformed/inaccurate. >.>

No signs of healing when Madara got hit with Gaara's sand bullets.
And even that picture of Obito healing himself is a filler. That never happened in the manga. >.>

The only page that showed himself healing is in Chapter 657, pg 16 and that was clearly from absorbing nine-tails chakra from a shinobi. >.>
http://endless-naruto.com/manga/index.php?id=657&page=16#

The only thing we know about Hashirama Senju is that he can heal himself without hand-seals.
http://endless-naruto.com/manga/index.php?id=576&page=7#
We don't know at what rate or to what extent.

If the info in that article was true, then Danzo should have won against Sasuke and wouldn't need to use the Izanagi as much as he did. >.>

I dont even recall White Zetsu healing himself and he was suppose to be a clone of Hashirama Senju. >.>
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:52:20 PM by Mei »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »

...does this only heal minor wounds and scratches? >.>
I don't think you can grow back a lost finger with this.

EDIT: Can someone find manga evidence to support that possessing the cells of Hashirama Senju grants the user regeneration ability? Because I'm looking through all of the references that the Wiki article mentioned and they are misinformed/inaccurate. >.>

No signs of healing when Madara got hit with Gaara's sand bullets.
He healed up all those holes and survived an assault from all the Tailed Beasts. Sage Mode might have been an influence in that, but not everybody survives a thrashing from 45 giant tails.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-659-page-6.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-660-page-12.html

And even that picture of Obito healing himself is a filler. That never happened in the manga. >.>
It helps to better represent it. But Obito did take a Rasengan to the arm that was composed of Hashirama's cells via White Zetsu, and completely heals it later.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-596-page-17.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-601-page-14.html

The only page that showed himself healing is in Chapter 657, pg 4 and that was clearly from absorbing nine-tails chakra from a shinobi. >.>
http://endless-naruto.com/manga/index.php?id=657&page=4#
It's been pretty evident that absorbing Tailed Beast chakra has some healing abilities. Even an Edo Tensei Nagato was able to heal himself into a non-shriveled version of himself.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-550-page-18.html

The only thing we know about Hashirama Senju is that he can heal himself without hand-seals.
http://endless-naruto.com/manga/index.php?id=576&page=7#
We don't know at what rate or to what extent.

If the info in that article was true, then Danzo should have won against Sasuke and wouldn't need to use the Izanagi as much as he did. >.>

I dont even recall White Zetsu healing himself and he was suppose to be a clone of Hashirama Senju. >.>
Actually, Danzo was one of Orochimaru's earliest experiments with Hashirama's cells and Sharingan implantation. So of course it wasn't a completely perfect implantation or control. It did serve to prolong the life of the Sharingan on his arm. But when you're going up against a Susanoo and all it's crazy strength and weaponry at close range, then it's kind of hard to avoid living through most it's attacks.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-480-page-11.html

Though if we're talking about healing rate, then it's really dependent on a number of factors. Like how much you're trying to heal, what you're healing, whether you're in Sage Mode or not, etc. But it really does help to explain how Madara was able to pop eyes in and out on the go so easily. When by comparison, it took Sasuke a week to recuperate from having Itachi's eyes transplanted into him. It's even evident from Danzo and Obito's examples that Hashirama's cells does prolong the vision life of a Sharingan and Mangekyou Sharingan, respectively, by a lot.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 11:22:58 PM »

Debating over speed of healing, cost and the like is pointless, when everyone here knows that if its allowed people aren't gonna bother with anything less cept the absurd near instant sort.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 03:08:34 AM »

Kage: I should have mentioned this in my previous post. But a character is healing, the manga shows that by giving some indications of that happening. It could be either a few close-ups of the wound closing, "healing sounds", etc. In those pages you provided, none of that was present. Here's more proof that healing was not done.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-660-page-9.html
That was after receiving the thrashing from the bijuus. They stated how he was still bleeding. Yes, him surviving was most likely thanks to Sage Mode.

In the manga, Obito took a Rasengan to the arm. We know that a direct hit usually would result in defeat of the recipient. However, reading the chapters after that happened, Obito's arm is still looks bruised up. I'm going to compare this to the anime vers to see.

I'm not sure if that the whole eye popping thing even means anything. I mean those were originally Madara's eyes anyway. In Sasuke's case, he just needed time to adjust to his new Mangekyou Sharingan. Because when Kakashi got Obito's Sharingan, he was able to use it right away, with no problems. Going to see check if Rin's procedure was shown in the manga.

Need to switch computers, so I will update/edit this post later with more info or make a new post. 

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 03:22:45 AM »

Kage: I should have mentioned this in my previous post. But a character is healing, the manga shows that by giving some indications of that happening. It could be either a few close-ups of the wound closing, "healing sounds", etc. In those pages you provided, none of that was present. Here's more proof that healing was not done.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-660-page-9.html
That was after receiving the thrashing from the bijuus. They stated how he was still bleeding. Yes, him surviving was most likely thanks to Sage Mode.

In the manga, Obito took a Rasengan to the arm. We know that a direct hit usually would result in defeat of the recipient. However, reading the chapters after that happened, Obito's arm is still looks bruised up. I'm going to compare this to the anime vers to see.

I'm not sure if that the whole eye popping thing even means anything. I mean those were originally Madara's eyes anyway. In Sasuke's case, he just needed time to adjust to his new Mangekyou Sharingan. Because when Kakashi got Obito's Sharingan, he was able to use it right away, with no problems. Going to see check if Rin's procedure was shown in the manga.

Need to switch computers, so I will update/edit this post later with more info or make a new post.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-660-page-13.html

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-660-page-13.html

Oh, okay. Thank you. I missed that.

But I find it weird that he was absorbing nine-tail chakra in Chp 657, pg 16 then. And this was the same chapter that he absorbed Hashirama's chakra already. What was the point of that if he already had regenerative abilities?

From what I said earlier about "indications" of healing happening, this was shown on Chap 660 pg 12-13. However, I still don't recall this happening with Obito. Like when he was hit with the Rasengan.

I am starting to think that maybe Hashirama's regenerative abilities may have something to do with his Sage Mode.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/415/14
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:11:04 PM by Mei »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.