Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Hybrids  (Read 2302 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Hybrids
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:49:31 AM »

I feel like we have talked about this one before, But what is the ancestry limit here with inheriting traits from both sides of the family?

I am not certain where I weigh in on this one yet.

Can a person truly inherit 2 KG? Does not one dominate over the other? Would the 2 KG combine to form some mutation KG instead?

And what of the grandparents?

Not elemental combos, but KG.

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Hybrids
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:11 AM »

Mei Terumi is basically proof that it's possible. She bears two Kekkei Genkai, in the form Boil Release and Lava Release.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »

I see these as elemental combos, not inherited KG. Especially with the boil release, which is basically her altering the power and acidity of mist.

Something she gained through skill, not genes.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »

I see these as elemental combos, not inherited KG. Especially with the boil release, which is basically her altering the power and acidity of mist.

Something she gained through skill, not genes.

Not true. Hers are labeled nature transformation kekkei genkai. They are KG, but unlike dojutsu they branch from the elements. She didn't earn them via skill in my eyes. Or mokuton could be acquired via skill with earth and water jutsu.

Lava release and boil release, like mokuton isn't something one can learn or be taught. While Dust Release seems to be able to be passed down it's unsure how or by what means.

I'm sure having skill would allow you to use such techniques easier, but I don't think anyone can up and learn it regardless of being a god in fire and earth release. If your genes don't match up then you just can't do it. I go back to mokuton. Something that's not learned. It's just in the genes.

As for 2 kg (not Nature kg) it's never been shown to happen (correct and direct if I'm wrong) unless some kind of Orochimaru stuff went on.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 06:43:45 AM »

thank you for the information.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »

Me thinks hybrids should be less powerful than pure breds. >>; But thats just me. Also the elemental variants of KG are much more common to see spread out through the shinobi world as opposed to contained to a certain 'race' or group.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »

If we have hybrids be less powerful, then it's safe to say that majority of SL isn't as powerful, which is cool imo. >> <<

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »

That could be an interesting option.

Another might be a one time mutation, something that cannot be passed down to the next gen, that takes some from each KG and becomes a completely different thing unique to itself.

Or even one, an evolution, that is capable of being passed on to the next gen.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 03:37:48 AM »

Think of it this way: Asura and Indra are the fathers of the Senju and Uchiha clans, respectively. The Senju have strong bodies, while the Uchiha have Doujutsu. But both of them are derived from a singular bloodline, and are mutations of that bloodline being split into two. So really, hybrids are perfectly natural in this case.

They're not really hybrids though. It's really the re-merging of two bloodlines into the original single bloodline.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »

Didn't Kishimoto say that if an Uchiha and a Hyuuga have a kid, they would inherit both a Sharingan and a Byakugan? At first I thought it was a joke, but with all the stuff we've seen pulled throughout this series, it wouldn't surprise me.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »

Didn't Kishimoto say that if an Uchiha and a Hyuuga have a kid, they would inherit both a Sharingan and a Byakugan? At first I thought it was a joke, but with all the stuff we've seen pulled throughout this series, it wouldn't surprise me.

Q. If a Hyuuga and an Uchiha had a child together, what eyes would s/he get?
A. His right eye would be a Sharingan. Meaning that the left one would be a Byakugan!

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/interviews-from-08-09-10-with-masashi-kishimoto-humungous-spoilerzzzz-for-naruto-manga.88862/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »

Its possible, but not guaranteed, since genetics are kinda random like that. Naruto's and Hinata's kids neither got a byakugan after all.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »

Its possible, but not guaranteed, since genetics are kinda random like that. Naruto's and Hinata's kids neither got a byakugan after all.

Actually Kishimoto intended to give both of Naruto's children Byakugen in last chapter but he accidentally forgot to do that.

It is guaranteed. I posted Kishi's answer to that question with the link to the interview.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:19:34 PM by Mei »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:27 PM »

Q. If a Hyuuga and an Uchiha had a child together, what eyes would s/he get?
A. His right eye would be a Sharingan. Meaning that the left one would be a Byakugan!

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/interviews-from-08-09-10-with-masashi-kishimoto-humungous-spoilerzzzz-for-naruto-manga.88862/

Primary Source? Seems pretty sketch to me.  :-?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:14 PM »

Seems legit based on the answers. These are interview questions from 2008-2010.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.