Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Edo Tensei - Current Users and (if needed) Guidelines Update  (Read 9380 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Edo Tensei - Current Users and (if needed) Guidelines Update
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 01:24:08 AM »

you might want to do something about making the list of teachers and students accurate.

Like...Warren didn't teach Keito. And as near as I can figure, Masane is not saying Kamui taught her either.

But who did? Even if they are now inactive...that can be indicated.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 02:08:41 AM »

Former/Deceased Users:
Rinn (Replaced by Tsuyo)
Trev (Replaced by Bocchiere)
Bocchiere (Replaced by Kamui)
Shinro (MIA)
Hazama (Replaced by Akasaka Rakudo)
Akasaka Rakudo (Replaced by Shinkō)
Shinkō (Replaced by Hazama)
Hazama (Replaced by Keitō)
Kyu Mizushima (Replaced by Warren)

Who they were replaced by essentially goes to show who they were 'taught' by as opposed to the already Teacher-Student bond in place. As I can agree, Warren did not teach Keito Edo Tensei but it is the way that stands. Odd, really.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »

Could just rename it Edo Tensei bonds or something instead of student teacher. That way the title is more accurate
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 02:23:49 AM »

I guess I was looking for a direct lineage relationship to permit it to make more RP sense.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 03:42:25 AM »

I would like to bring something up that bugs me about "Teacher-Student" bonds...if we count these ties as bonds between each ET user, wouldn't that mean the master/teacher could sever the bonds with that other user, if they are ever compelled to?
I bring this up since these bonds between techniques is generally confusing and I know of such a case as when Kirk/Darkshinobi did the same with FTG; bonds can be severed at any given moment through any compelling reason from that master/teacher.

Edit:

Example: Kamui > Masane. Kamui deems this user not worthy through some random IC occurrence and decides to permanently sever the bond she gained through her master, Tsuyo.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:44:57 AM by Camel »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 04:19:58 AM »

Then that means that the student, who may have been using Edo Tensei, has to stop using it and RP that they forgot how to use it.
At least, that's how it works according to these rules. Kind of silly, isn't it?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 05:04:27 AM »

on one hand i can understand the logic behind it.

but at the same time it is big time character control.

i remain undecided. So much about this tech leaves me just shaking my head at times. ownership in general.

except for custom techs.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 05:08:59 AM »

As the rules have said and as it has worked, there have always been in total five Edo Tensei users active at a time. The two pairs of Teacher - Students, and Shinro. For someone to simply "forget" all knowledge of Edo Tensei while still being active is silly. And if anything, that would make any zombies they have under them still-loyal or unbound.

Unless you guys would like to amend that students are able to break-off from teachers, but in turn are never able to teach others. This allows a master to take up a new student, while at the same time, creates a stand-alone user like Shinro. Something like this would only increase the number of necromancers. And more necromancers means more competition for other users to look for and revive/use other deceased shinobi.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »

... Something like this would only increase the number of necromancers. And more necromancers means more competition for other users to look for and revive/use other deceased shinobi.

you might want to do something about making the list of teachers and students accurate.

Like...Warren didn't teach Keito. And as near as I can figure, Masane is not saying Kamui taught her either.

But who did? Even if they are now inactive...that can be indicated.

The role of Teacher-Student is what the symbolism is supposed to represent, not who taught who. As Keito pointed out, that is already shown through the inheritence list if you will. A student, even if a teacher croaks, cannot teach, but a teacher can teach if a the student slot is opened from what I gathered.

Unlike hiraishin though, I haven't got a shadow imitation version of this one. I might need to actually get in on this if we're going to start expanding the list of users.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »

@Kamui
Kirk/DarkShinobi? Are you saying we are the same or did you mean Kirk and Arron?

Edo is a stupid Jutsu anyways. This is why we need to make a ban list of Jutsu. Jutsu like Edo and FTG being at the head of the list... Anything space time being ban.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »

The rules do not make a lick of sense rp wise, but that's not the point, the point to to make Edo less op and make it so less people have it. It doesn't make sense that someone forgets learning a jutsu canon wise, but canon wise, an Edo use is also allowed to summon as many zombies as he wishes, such is not the case in SL.

The Student teacher rule came as a result of a 29 page discussion on Edo Tensei (Which many of the people in this thread were apart of) It should not be banned, as Edo Tensei has been limited and represents one of the few times this community got together and got something done, which is grand.

The rule first applied applied to Boccheire and myself. While Bocc was alive, I couldn't teach, and while I was alive, he couldn't teach. That is the essence of the student-teacher rule. Though it got complicated when people tried to steal the technique without killing the user. Thus amendments were made, notably if you steal the info, you replace the user you stole it from, and they lose it. This rule was made to limit the amount of users and has been very successful.

If you count Shinro as keeping it after being inactive, there can only be six possible users, if you cut him out, four. This is how it's been, and how it's worked.

So right now, as follows
Warren may only teach Edo Tensei if Keito dies
Keito may only teach if Warren dies
Kamui may teach is Masane dies
Masane may teach is Kamui dies.

This is if nobody get ET pirated.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2015, 07:11:23 PM »

So, I just want clarification. According to these rules, there's only a finite amount of people who can use ET. If all of these users 'die' or quit the game, then no one would be allowed to use the technique anymore (provided they don't 'teach' someone before that happens).
Even though there's finite slots available for ET, a new slot can be created if someone 'pirates' the ET technique. I'm not exactly sure what this means, because I can understand if someone copies the handsigns or whatever is needed to use it there is still the question of the actual scroll. But, why can't they just make their own scroll? (if it's a special scroll that can't be made, then who made the first six scrolls?)
It's all a bit confusing and silly, honestly. I know these rules are put in place to prevent OPness, but it's a bit nonsensical, don't you guys think?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

So, I just want clarification. According to these rules, there's only a finite amount of people who can use ET. If all of these users 'die' or quit the game, then no one would be allowed to use the technique anymore (provided they don't 'teach' someone before that happens).
Even though there's finite slots available for ET, a new slot can be created if someone 'pirates' the ET technique. I'm not exactly sure what this means, because I can understand if someone copies the handsigns or whatever is needed to use it there is still the question of the actual scroll. But, why can't they just make their own scroll? (if it's a special scroll that can't be made, then who made the first six scrolls?)
It's all a bit confusing and silly, honestly. I know these rules are put in place to prevent OPness, but it's a bit nonsensical, don't you guys think?

You're thinking about it way too much man. A new slot isn't created, you take that spot. Say I pirate it from Takeo, he would lose it, and I would gain it. Thus the new chain would be

Warren>Trev

Takeo would no longer have it. Like I said, in my opinion the scroll is only used to perform the technique, it's not all that special. Besides Masane and maybe a select few others, most people choose to pirate it via the human path or mind reading technique. Which is a bit more than copying as you're actually messing with the persons mind.

Yes it is a tad bit silly, but the community wanted rules a few years ago. It was rules or the technique banned.

If the community wants to get rid of the rules, then go for it, but don't complain when everyone has ET like Hiraishin now.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2015, 07:47:10 PM »

... So right now, as follows
Warren may only teach Edo Tensei if Keito dies
Keito may only teach if Warren dies
Kamui may teach is Masane dies
Masane may teach is Kamui dies.

This is if nobody get ET pirated.

So, a student that teaches after the teacher dies becomes a teacher and their student a student? No new slots are made, just re-arranging of the order?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »

So, a student that teaches after the teacher dies becomes a teacher and their student a student? No new slots are made, just re-arranging of the order?

No, if the teacher dies, the student become the teacher. If a student dies, the teacher can teach a new person. According to that, I think.

Trev explained it a little bit better, but it's still a bit silly in my opinion. But that's probably because I don't use jutsu so that doesn't matter too much to me lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 14 queries.