Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Question.  (Read 4113 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Question.
« on: July 14, 2015, 04:58:17 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqjC6Se5ZG4

In this video at like 6:45, Madara absorbs a Senjutsu Rasenshiruken.
Why did he not turn to stone?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Question.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 05:02:31 AM »

Edo tensei could be one reason, the other that he had an apparent ability to control it as shown when sucking out edo-Hashi's senjutsu power later. "Only this much power? This will be easy to control" or something like that he said.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:31 AM »

Ahh the cells...okay thanks.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:31:58 AM »

I think we actually had a lengthy debate about this somewhere, the answer most gave is that you can absorb senjutsu and not natural energy.

Senjutsu is natural energy and chakra mixed, so while it had natural energy making it up, it is inherently a new thing and not governed by the same rules.

Example would be Pain's preta path. Even that was able to absorb a sage enhanced rasenshuriken, but when it grabbed naruto and he got more natural energy, it then turned to stone.

Senjutsu=ok
Pure natural energy=no
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:33:33 AM »

Actually that's not true. Remember Pein was able to absorb Naruto's Rasenshuriken. It's a ninjutsu.
Further proof can be found in the Jiraiya vs Pein fight.

He need to absorb a lot of natural energy to turn into a frog. But then again, the dead bodies have limitless amount of chakra anyway. >.>

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:44:57 AM by Mei »

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 05:40:03 AM »

I don't think absorbing Senjutsu causes anyone to turn to stone, its always the Natural Energy aspect. Preta Path, Madara, and Curse Seal users absorb Senjutsu chakra all day long without that adverse side-effect.

Lets look at Preta Path. Some say he took in too much Senjutsu, but I disagree. The moment Naruto is taking in Natural Energy is the moment Preta Path turns to stone (if you notice, he doesn't have time to convert it all to Senjutsu, he only has a partial transformation) you can see it enter his body.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:43:45 AM »

As it stands, Senjutsu is "non toxic" so to speak.

It has been properly mixed with regular chakra and thus is no longer able to turn someone to stone. Preta path absorbed multiple techniques infused with Natural energy with no obvious side effects.

On the other than when he captured Naruto, he began to absorb pure Natural chakra. Naruto brought it into his body, and before it became mixed with his pool, it was taken by the preta path, and thus he turned to stone.

I'm basically repeating what Trev said, great.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 05:45:10 AM »

I think we actually had a lengthy debate about this somewhere, the answer most gave is that you can absorb senjutsu and not natural energy.

Senjutsu is natural energy and chakra mixed, so while it had natural energy making it up, it is inherently a new thing and not governed by the same rules.

Example would be Pain's preta path. Even that was able to absorb a sage enhanced rasenshuriken, but when it grabbed naruto and he got more natural energy, it then turned to stone.

Senjutsu=ok
Pure natural energy=no

I don't believe that's not true. I think they can still turn into stones if they absorb a lot of senjutsu.
Because the Preta absorbs chakra. Natural energy + chakra = senjutsu chakra, which is used in your ninjutsu while in Sage Mode. I don't think there's a difference between absorbing from the source and absorbing "externally". I believe if Preta absorb enough senjutsu that would equal 1 session in Sage Mode, he would turn into a frog.

For example, Naruto can do 3 rasenshuriken before he runs out of Sage Mode. I feel if Preta absorb 3 rasenshuriken or more, I think he would turn into a frog.

That's my opinion.

It has been properly mixed with regular chakra and thus is no longer able to turn someone to stone. Preta path absorbed multiple techniques infused with Natural energy with no obvious side effects.

On the other than when he captured Naruto, he began to absorb pure Natural chakra. Naruto brought it into his body, and before it became mixed with his pool, it was taken by the preta path, and thus he turned to stone.

Ah...okay, that makes sense. The difference in the "purity" of the chakra
Correction though, it was AFTER (or while) the natural energy was mixed (mixing) in his chakra pool though.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:58:49 AM by Mei »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 06:07:32 AM »

Senjutsu=ok
Pure natural energy=no

I don't believe that's not true. I think they can still turn into stones if they absorb a lot of senjutsu.
Because the Preta absorbs chakra. Natural energy + chakra = senjutsu chakra, which is used in your ninjutsu while in Sage Mode. I don't think there's a difference between absorbing from the source and absorbing "externally". I believe if Preta absorb enough senjutsu that would equal 1 session in Sage Mode, he would turn into a frog.

For example, Naruto can do 3 rasenshuriken before he runs out of Sage Mode. I feel if Preta absorb 3 rasenshuriken or more, I think he would turn into a frog.

That's my opinion.

Ah...okay, that makes sense. The difference in the "purity" of the chakra
Correction though, it was AFTER (or while) the natural energy was mixed (mixing) in his chakra pool though.

If anything, I would say it was absorbed while it was mixing, not after.

But here is the problem with your theory on the Rasenshuriken thingy. It was never shown to have any effect on him. Sure we can make speculation, but the fact remains that every single example of the Preta path taking a ninjutsu enhanced via sage mode, it had no effect on his body.

The only time that it had effect is when he was taking in the more pure form of Natural energy. I say more pure because he was taking it from the source so to speak. Not only that, it took a good amount of time before he got transformed. If I am remembering correctly, pain had enough time to monologue a good amount before the path was rekt. (And thats after having already absorbed Naruto's first Rasenshuriken)

What are your thoughts?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 06:20:56 AM »

I would have to say that with enough absorption of a Senjutsu Chakra by those unversed in Natural Energy and Senjutsu, that they would still be subject to the adverse effects of not knowing how to handle Natural Energy. Think about it. The main point of the Preta Path, and any jutsu like it, is to absorb chakra. And when Senjutsu Chakra is absorbed, it's not like the Natural Energy portion magically poofs away.

Though now I remember the reason why I came up with this idea a while ago.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Shizengan

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 06:44:56 AM »

But again, this is just your opinion. The only person who really knows about it is the author. I think the point was made clearly in the beginning of this topic.
Senjutsu chakra = Good
Natural Chakra = Bad

And what could be another topic, is why does it turn you into a frog? If Pain absorbed chakra from Kabuto, would be he turned into a snake instead? (because he's a snake sage, not a frog sage)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 06:47:44 AM »

I think you're right on that one. I think it's only a frog statue because Naruto is mastering Sage Art with the frogs. Makes no sense if someone absorbs, like, armadillo chakra and gets turned into a frog xD

But that's besides the point. I dunno, I don't think taking in Senjutsu fueled attacks would turn you into stone... At least, not in a jutsu or two. But I think there should still be some type of limit.

But then again, doesn't Kurama use Natural energy or some stuffing to make those cloaks and stuff that Naruto slaps onto everyone? I could be COMPLETELY wrong but I thought it was something like that.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 06:55:10 AM »

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Shizengan

That's an interesting jutsu. Part of me is thinking this jutsu is not possible. It assumes that natural energy has the same properties as chakra is not true. Keep in mind of the process required to make rasengan.

If anything, I would say it was absorbed while it was mixing, not after.

But here is the problem with your theory on the Rasenshuriken thingy. It was never shown to have any effect on him. Sure we can make speculation, but the fact remains that every single example of the Preta path taking a ninjutsu enhanced via sage mode, it had no effect on his body.

The only time that it had effect is when he was taking in the more pure form of Natural energy. I say more pure because he was taking it from the source so to speak. Not only that, it took a good amount of time before he got transformed. If I am remembering correctly, pain had enough time to monologue a good amount before the path was rekt. (And thats after having already absorbed Naruto's first Rasenshuriken)

What are your thoughts?

If you look at Naruto Chp 435 pg 6 (http://endless-naruto.com/manga/index.php?id=435&page=5#), it happened after Naruto went into Sage Mode. I agree with the rest of what you said. It makes sense. 

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 06:59:18 AM »

But then again, doesn't Kurama use Natural energy or some stuffing to make those cloaks and stuff that Naruto slaps onto everyone? I could be COMPLETELY wrong but I thought it was something like that.

Someone's gotta look through Naruto and see any instances where Bijuu chakra has been absorbed. I would, but I honestly don't care enough (at all lol) about silly little things like this.
I always felt that senjutsu chakra was molded in a way where it's safe to be used without worry about natural 'transformations'. Like, Natural Chakra produces Senjutsu jutsus, but it's not the same thing as natural chakra. Just like how crude oil produces gasoline, but gasoline's not like crude oil. (terrible analogy, but I'm tired)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »

Well, no. Senjutsu chakra is only available to those who have practiced in Sage Mode o.o And if you don't even have it mastered completely and only have imperfect, the stuff is deadly to you, too.

It is stated that for your body to handle Sage Chakra, you need to undergo Sage Mode Training. Hence the whole point of the training in the first place and the edge that it had given Naruto against Pain(Pein, whatever) o.o

So I think that, while maybe a person could absorb one or two attacks, depending on the amount of chakra and stuff, that something would happen relating to being turned to stone. Not saying they'd turn into a statue suddenly but, like, DBZ style during the Buu Saga.

Have the hand and slowly the arm turn to stone, or something. But there's a reason you have to undergo a whole training process before being able to use it!

So, Senjutsu maybe be mixed with normal chakra and natural energy but it's still only a chakra a Sage is suppose to be able to handle o:
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.