Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Runner  (Read 5749 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Runner
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 12:11:18 AM »

At this point i would consider it different rp styles

With shadows being the cant run and mine being you can, as i would allow other jinchurikis to do it and nothing was set beforehand to say that i couldn't. Which makes it a little unfair to me that we would automatically conform to his rule set when he was the one who had the problem with it and didnt inform me that he did

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 12:12:41 AM »

With shadows being the cant run and mine being you can, as i would allow other jinchurikis to do it and nothing was set beforehand to say that i couldn't. Which makes it a little unfair to me that we would automatically conform to his rule set when he was the one who had the problem with it and didnt inform me that he did

I can't inform you my opinion on a matter that YOU DIDN'T BRING UP EITHER. To see if I was okay with it. It works both ways.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 12:14:41 AM »

...And i keep bringing up ooc matches because the rp connection to kage wouldnt be a factor vecause OOC is separate and all that jazz.

It is not okay to basically restart the challenge even in an OOC fight. Even in our fights, I came back every single time to the main battlefield, even if I waited some time to prepare and plan. Not once did I literally appear in a different zone and say "come and get me". In an OOC match, you could theoretically do battle right in the village and no one would be affected; if anything, you could get away with hiraishining back to the nearby village in an OOC match and forcing the challenger to come get you.

You can't get away with that in an IC match for reasons already elaborated on.

... His rule set? You mean the main biju rules that jinchs are required to follow, plus your personal rules?

:?:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 12:15:40 AM »

But why would i have to bring it up when im the one being challenged? You bring your issues to me, and we adapt to fit.  I didnt think it would be a problem with the match being ic, you knew youd have a problem with it

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 12:18:15 AM »

But why would i have to bring it up when im the one being challenged? You bring your issues to me, and we adapt to fit.  I didnt think it would be a problem with the match being ic, you knew youd have a problem with it

Omfg, really?

I can't BRING UP SOMETHING I DON'T YET KNOW OF.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 12:20:44 AM »

Alright, let me do the responsible thing and suggest that this discussion start to be held on hold till more opinions are brought to bare for either side of this.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 12:21:33 AM »

Then at the very least i should be given a repost because this was an ossue that wasnt expected to turn into a big deal -.- before we started i told you what i had problems with and you were supposed to tell me what you had problems with.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 12:22:10 AM »

Yeah we can put it on hold.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 12:23:19 AM »

Our judge gave his ruling. Accept it or boot him. Up to you.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 12:43:45 AM »

Quite hilariously, I have been in a situation similar to this one.

So it was back when Isa and I fought for the 3 tails, before I knew I was going to be inactive of course. And I specifically added a stipulation stating that running meant forfeit of life, so technically maybe, you guys just don't go into the details necessary to accomplish your goals ;P Now, I have read through this thing, two or three times at this point and only see, that since, "It hasn't been done before, so it's obviously common knowledge that it cannot be done." or, "People are totally gonna abuse that." The basis of this argument are theories and assumptions at best. Shadow specifically stated at the start of this topic, that, (Gonna paraphrase) "I have been on sl for 10 years, and never have I seen this..." But let us consider a lot of the things we are doing now, the old RP'ers would be like, .----.

Look I ain't one to get on any soap boxes, nor would it be fitting of my character but in IC fights, it is generally okay to dip if shit gets sour. These rules weren't clarified to the fuggin extreme and he made an error that anyone who hasn't followed Bijuu fights for years would have done as well. The arguments I see, and I think someone else touched on this, is that since nobody else does it, it's general knowledge that it can't be done.

What I'm saying if you can't just use a space time jutsu to run away. If this were allowed, nobody with a teleportation jutsu would lose. Example being Dato and my fight currently. At one point, Dato goes to his Kamui dimension, using your logic, he could have just stayed there and I would have no chance at the biju. But instead, he simply preps there and comes back as he can't use that to escape.

I'm not saying you can't escape, but not through a method that is instant and gives your opponent no counter. If you had run away through normal means, such as distracting shadow and running by foot or other means a considerable distance away I'd have MAYBE accepted it.

It is just simply not fair to biju challengers for their opponent to leave instantly after spending lots of time on the zone fight/ waiting for a challenge/ finding you have the beast in rp.

If the issue wasn't that he ran away, but how he ran, then he should at least be able to edit his post so that he literally just turns on a dime and dips after getting out of the Genjutsu. Lock him into the fact that his mind is made up on running, but change how he does it. I dunno, just seems like an unfair way to end a fight.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 12:44:55 AM »

So because he used hiraishin its wring to run. Really? Its on ic fight which means BOTH fighters should be able to withdraw. I dont see how ichi gave up his beast by leaving. Did he take the beast out before he ran...no. Shadow faild to capture or beat him. How would he get the beast? Eric stated he fled from a fight. Bee did too. Its not ichis fault shadow fucked up his shot to take him. Just come back to amegakure and try again. What is not far is saying that he could run but not with hiraishin. How can he not flee what is stopping him?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 12:46:08 AM »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:47:55 AM by Madara (Shadow) »

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.