Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Jutsu Watch Discussion  (Read 5155 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Jutsu Watch Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2015, 01:58:56 AM »

I too vote for an outright void/ban on these watches. If you nerf them to where only E or at highest C-ranked techniques can be used, then you might as well just have Sasuke's wrist summoning thing with techniques sealed inside of them and call it a day over this. The abuse is just waiting.
Actually, that's a technique specifically for storing tools. I use it all the time to throw Shuriken, mainly because it's much more suave to run your hand across the opposite wrist and spawn a just-summoned shuriken. As compared to reaching into your ninja tool pouch or whatever.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Lightning_Flash_Blade_Creation

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 02:04:35 AM »

I too vote for an outright void/ban on these watches. If you nerf them to where only E or at highest C-ranked techniques can be used, then you might as well just have Sasuke's wrist summoning thing with techniques sealed inside of them and call it a day over this. The abuse is just waiting.
Actually, that's a technique specifically for storing tools. I use it all the time to throw Shuriken, mainly because it's much more suave to run your hand across the opposite wrist and spawn a just-summoned shuriken. As compared to reaching into your ninja tool pouch or whatever.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Lightning_Flash_Blade_Creation

The point is, something along those lines would be used instead of the watch if the watch was nerfed to only contain at best C-ranked jutsu, that being the only way I see to nerf the watch to an acceptable level.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »

One thing I would like to point out is that Abuse could be controlled just from the fact that Amegakure would be producing these watches, and if they're nerfed to where they can only store Jutsu to a certain strength level then it shouldn't be hard to prevent abuse.

Also, what if the higher the jutsu, the less of other jutsu the watch could hold? I.e if you want to store a strong fire jutsu in the watch, you use a relative strong one like great flame destroyer or something, but you can't store any other jutsu than that one due to the power of the technique.

We could also have the watch have a cooldown time after usage, a turn or two perhaps.

Or maybe it becomes disabled for a few turns after extensive use

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »

I mean to balance everything out, I could rig the things to explode upon forming a certain special hand seal that only certain Amegakure nin know. But for obvious reasons that would rile the community up, I probably won't do that.

Unless I also go ahead and monopolize the market for Senju-created limbs too. But Uetto might or might not have a foothold in that already.

But enough talk of business. What is everyone's general opinion on what should be done with it?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »

Just void it. Stuff like ame-only or exploding from seals or whatever isn't going to matter jack shit, all it takes is one person getting or giving it out behind scenes and poof, their inexplicable scientific genius allows them to make an infinitely superior device to piss out bijuudamas from compressed air or something else as marvelously logical.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »

I think we should use it. We're starting to get more and more new rp stuff going on and I don't think this will become a super huge problem, not with regulation and things of the like.

If something aftermarket gets made or something, we'll just hunt it down and take it out like bosses.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2015, 08:30:25 PM »

Why not make unsealing the jutsu equivalent to the chakra of the techniques themselves. This solves the entire issue. If your gonna spew out a Bijuu Bomb then you exert Biju Bomb level chakra.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2015, 08:43:24 PM »

Why not make unsealing the jutsu equivalent to the chakra of the techniques themselves. This solves the entire issue. If your gonna spew out a Bijuu Bomb then you exert Biju Bomb level chakra.

I think the idea of preset jutsu isn't that hard to wrap your head around, but I like the idea of keeping the cost of the technique the same all the way through. The last thing we need to give a bunch of people who don't know what chakra cost is unlimited spamming.

I would suggest letting the watch be an actual thing, and if it gets abused then we can revisit the topic. We already established putting massive techniques at no real cost into this thing is stupid and void, so there won't be any confusion. Just like with the guns, we need to see how this would be used before we can actually make a good judgment.

Though I refuse to let this be an Ame only thing.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

I think the idea of preset jutsu isn't that hard to wrap your head around, but I like the idea of keeping the cost of the technique the same all the way through. The last thing we need to give a bunch of people who don't know what chakra cost is unlimited spamming...

That's called god-modding. There is a common response to that; void or autohit. Unless they're Edo Tensei, in which case that's a can of worms waiting to be popped open. Don't forget the barely existent chakra limitations of S-ranked shinobilegends.

I am with Warren all the way on this one, just don't let it out of the box, under nobody's production line.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 11:09:06 PM »

Maybe we should take a poll of who wants it voided and who doesn't?
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 11:42:00 PM »

I actually did not care if you can 'load' a bijuu bomb or not. The point is that you can load a variety of other jutsus that are just as destructive as a bijuu bomb and fire them without warning/preparations in rapid successions.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.