Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Guns, Guns, Guns  (Read 5017 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Guns, Guns, Guns
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »

As me and Rusaku were saying, they wouldn't really be real 'bullets' per say, rather slugs, spikes or something along those lines. You'd just have to figure out a firing mechanism different from how conventional RL firearms do it.

Magnet release, electricity or magnetism otherwise, gas, or even just manual wind like a repeater crossbow or some such. There's ways to do it, its just up to you to figure out how to pull it off with Naruto's limited and somewhat unique technology.

That would solve the issue of speed, if not the chakra sensing. That being said I did invent a bullet already, for my ballistic gauntlets. They can just shoot a spread of buckshot if I land a punch on something. So it's a shotgun shell and instead of gun powder the propellant is ground up explosive tags. Which is effectively gun powder.

@Beq

I can understand people's worries about speed, though like you said it seems they really shouldn't be. I am willing either not use the normal lethal bullets or just say the gun or bullets themselves use chakra so the attack can be sensed. From the get go I did intend to not use lethal rounds with the sniper, like I mentioned to you that would be the sealing bullets and such. You're correct in that I want it to be more of a supplementary weapon.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 07:28:35 PM »

Katon + futon to shoot the bullets. There ya go. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 07:30:15 PM »

Honestly I would like to see how Deathstroke would use these weapons in battle. I volunteer as tribute to do a test battle :D I have always wanted to fight my favorite DC villian. I believe we can analyze this more effectively with its use in the field. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

Except SL isn't at that advanced level we see by the time Naruto has become hokage, because no such boom and peaceful time has ever happened here. Furthermore, making a "gun" isn't difficult no, overly simplified perhaps but ultimately all you need to do is to stick a piece of metal and gunpowder in a pipe, aim it at something, then ignite the powder.

Building a proper trigger mechanism, empty shell removal, making the actual bullets themselves with the right mixtures inside them, especially if its a rapid fire weapon or sniper rifle of any even half noteworthy accuracy/power...whole different beast, especially in a world where such technology has never been utilized before. Closest things have ever come are simple projectile throwers like the sky shinobi utilized, and one can't really just universally try void that based off one tiny image that probably even Kishimoto himself forgot, no offense.

Besides, he wanted opinions and I gave mine. Obviously he's free to ignore it and do whatever the hell he pleases, too, I'm no nazi.

And if someones still confused over what my opinion actually is, I'll nutshell it; you can't make guns like RL firearms, but you can make a projectile thrower utilizing either manual force, gas or magnetism.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:37:05 PM by Warren »

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »

Katon + futon to shoot the bullets. There ya go. ~

I could, like I said I did invent ninja gunpowder by grinding up explosive notes. Gunpowder was invented in our world before the year 1300 so I don't think it would be unrealistic for someone to make it here when we've invented wifi.

I'd be willing to give a demonstration, I'm free later this evening to start a fight if we wanted to do that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 07:50:19 PM »

...I believe we can analyze this more effectively with its use in the field.

This.

... And for the most part, the complaints can be summed up as 'Waah, my character can't dodge/sense it' or 'It's too fast'...

Minus the pretentious "Waah" part, how else would you determine something "god-mode" or "OP" or even "questionable"? While this is definitely not god-mode as so far presented, I feel it (especially the sniper due to range) falls into questionable territory. No matter the argument for why guns can be in the SL verse, it ultimately comes down to should conventional weaponary of this sort be in the SL verse. Guns have been rare in SL for a reason beyond no character in the naruto series actually using a conventional gun (in all seriousness a gun probably could kill several of the main frequent characters characters fairly easily, barring Naruto, Sasuke, pre-Hokage Kakashi, and the likes so its not a matter of uselessness or inapplicability).

Should I totally be cool with some guy running around with guns,  with a hair-like trigger mechanism, ultimately leading to the next logical steps once gunpowder guns are considered totally okay of their counterparts with bullets of varying powers and abilities as diverse as jutsu itself to follow (might not even be Deathstroke that takes it in that direction). I don't really feel I should be cool with that kind of esclation, or even the base directing.

I digress though, let's see it in action as Rusaku said. Concerns regarding it will likely arise once Deathstroke shows rather than tells us what he has in mind.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »

Alright then. If Rusaku is free this evening we can give it a shot (I swear that was unintentional). For a first draft I'll try guns with the various kinds of bullets I was going to use, but with chakra as a propellant. A shot can be sensed when it is about to be made and action can be taken to avoid being hit.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »

I'm at work now, but I'll message you when I'm off so we can set up the details. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 07:18:01 AM »

While I may not be entirely for guns, they're kinda hard to pull off when much of the ninja population consists of the clan with red eyes that can perceive thing slower and predict the movements of others.

Though when compared to the pre-loaded jutsu wrist device that lets any ninja use any element with just a little chakra in the Boruto movie, guns get pretty out-teched by ninja tech.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 07:19:38 AM »

Now that's just cool. That being said the guns are just more for fitting my character than being something I want because I think it will help me beat everyone.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 07:24:02 AM »

I'm actually more worried about that coming into play than guns. Because of spamming Rasenshuriken shenanigans that can happen. But that's a topic for another thread.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 04:47:30 PM »

That looks really cool. I would like to have one. o.o

Although it grants people to do one-handed seals,  no? o.o
It looks like you seal a jutsu into those elemental scrolls and then perform the hand-seal pertaining to the element. I would assume the device can hold up to 5 elements, otherwise what's the point of the hand-seal. I must have limited use though, like one time only for each element.

There must be a limit on the type/rank of jutsu can store.
Rasenshuriken was a kinjutsu until Naruto used senjutsu chakra to let it fly.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »

Looking at the device it's pretty scary actually, lets say the limit/rank of the jutsu can only be
B Rank or Lower, just a single flick and bam you could launch an AOE jutsu within a second. It's an ingenious device though for genin and chunin.

Collaboration techniques could be fired of as well with enough practice as well saving precious chakra as well as time. A simple Gale Palm combined with Water Dragon Bullet and you'd have a good seasoned A rank level technique.  5 Potentially A rank Moves if you could supplement the collaborative technique. Should the limit be 1 A rank and 4 B rank then you even have potential to shoot out a near S rank move. An ingenious device for people who can't use all the elements, don't have the experience necessary, or are lacking in chakra.

My only question is though how are the techniques launched? From the wrist?
I mean are there only certain ninjutsu that can be used like this?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »

Looking at the device it's pretty scary actually, lets say the limit/rank of the jutsu can only be
B Rank or Lower, just a single flick and bam you could launch an AOE jutsu within a second. It's an ingenious device though for genin and chunin.

On the side it looks like instructions on how to activate it, so it's more than just a flick of the wrist. >.>

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »

From way I understood it, it only holds one scroll/capsule/whatever at a time in the removable part, not all five, then depending on what element it is the activation sequence/seals for the device vary as depicted. Could even be it holds only the one single jutsu, but would have to see Boruto's usage of it in the movie first.

Imo its not nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be though, since keep in mind even if you can form and release the jutsu with it, its magnitude is very likely going to be limited at best, and no doubt quite volatile too since you'd have basically unexistant skill to manipulate said elements yourself.

To give a crude example, lets say Naruto used this thing. I could see him launching a fireball akin to a goukagyu or something, but a hugeass inferno like Madara's gouka mekkyaku? Lolnope.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.