Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Three-Tailed Trials  (Read 6209 times)

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: Three-Tailed Trials
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 03:49:25 AM »

If Yujo sent any challenges to Xia while they were sealing the beast, they would be void.

Yea pretty much didn't receive anything when I had a few days before figuring out that Sanbi needed a new host.... Nevertheless, the decision was made on the 4th or 5th day of the one week I had and we immediately met, chose a host, and you know from there...

ºGrace Periodº
After any challenge (& loss) from a challenger, a week must be given to the host before challenging them to a rematch (the one week grace period is in subject to a single challenger & as such does not signify a host can ignore challenges from all others during the time period). In cases such as obtaining a Biju for oneself, a 2-week grace period is granted In order to “commune” with one’s Biju. If a host shows inactivity for long periods of time (two weeks or more) without prior notice, you can report their missing & conference of a suitable host will take place when possible.

Basically pestering her countless times isn't going to help.... If I was a host, I would have said the same thing about the grace period and just resend a challenge... Lets be civil here.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2015, 08:20:03 AM »

Civil? On the SL Forum? Oh that would be a dream come true!
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »

I can dream.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 06:31:06 AM »

... Basically pestering her countless times isn't going to help.... If I was a host, I would have said the same thing about the grace period and just resend a challenge... Lets be civil here.

If he did not get the picture with "no" the first six times, then saying "no" again is not exactly going to deter him the seventh nor the eighth time. That single challenger is for one previously challenged and defeated, not making a new challenge. "He is pestering me" is not a valid reason to say no to the challenge, and even with Raifudo's insight, there is still no reason she should have denied accepting the challenge. Perhaps denied him getting priority if someone else challenged again before him, but certainly not denied the challenge outright.

You clearly don't sleep enough, that dream is more consistent than you would like to believe and/or make believe.  :P

I wrote that rule to say that hosts cannot ignore challenges during the one week break they get after a challenge is concluded by another. That's the only limitation there was. As far as the two week period, you had rights to say no to people during then since you're (IC) busy adjusting to your new life and power. For a long while did we do it like this. That is what we did traditionally, not inherit a list of challengers. I remember the talk of list inheritance and I remember we never set it in stone because it was much too controversial to implement.

Honestly, the whole list inheritance is a bit much to try and make people participate in. People are forgetting that bijuu fight challenges are simply chances to get the bijuu, that's it. If someone else gets it, there goes your chance. You now have to challenge the new person for that chance.

It's like buying a house. Just because you submit an application and someone else's application gets approved first and they get the house, doesn't mean you're next in line for other houses offered around the area (or even that same house). Gotta reapply to each.

I see. Things have certainly changed since it was originally originally composed, particularly among the interpretation. That hasn't been the way I have seen it nor interpreted it for the past few years, but since you've been here longer, your traditional is probably more aged and more to the meaning of the word than my use of traditional.

While I have certainly not interpreted it that way, I suppose I can see it; the previous sentence prior to the mentioning of the 2 week grace period was speaking all of challenges, so the next sentence being in regard to challenges and not the actual fights is pretty feasible. Would be better for it to be explicitly written out though, because leaving things up to interpretation, nowadays I should say, is simply not a good idea. As such though, I would probably advocate my interpretation over the old interpretation, and the matter of inheriting challenge lists being a separate topic/rule.

Since the original question was of whether or not priority needed to be given to Riku's match and I assume that he means in priority over Deathstrokes, then if it is a matter of inheritance alone, then no, she doesn't have to since inheritance does not exist in the rules themselves. If it's a matter of her wrongfully denying the challenge then I am still of the mind she would have to accept the challenge and consider it over Deathstrokes.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 07:18:08 AM »

I thought this topic discussion was over?

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »

I thought so too.

I also can't remember if his "challenges" were challenges at all. He just sent me questions asking about my preferences, etc, twice. But, still, it happened and, well, I really don't think it'll change anything. I got two messages, accepted the third time (because it seemed like an official challenge and was after the grace period) when my grace period was up; and it just so happened to be after Deathstroke.

I don't think it was wrongfully denying, but okay. I thought, in all fairness, a first come first serve after my grace period was acceptable. I asked some people and they said to just wait until after. So I did.

Can we close this topic soon?

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 05:30:17 PM »

The proof is in the pudding. Not a definite challenge, so can we drop this?

2015-07-28 21:51:47
Reply   Forward   < Previous   Next >

I really hate to do this to ya, honestly, but we all knew this would happen.

While you don't have to accept any challenges from me till the grace period is over, I would like to know your preferences for a fight, considering I will be sending a challenge as soon as the grace period is over.

Would you like me to have to hunt you down IC, or are you simply going to accept a formal Bijuu challenge OOC; Things like that really, any further information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply   Delete
Mark Unread   Report to Admin
< Previous   Next >

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 05:36:42 PM »

Getting tired of the bs over Sanbi.... Just accept the rules as they are with the grace period and all that and quit whining. Shouldn't be that hard. Xia is out of this one.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 06:29:18 PM »

The proof is in the pudding. Not a definite challenge, so can we drop this?

2015-07-28 21:51:47
Reply   Forward   < Previous   Next >

I really hate to do this to ya, honestly, but we all knew this would happen.

While you don't have to accept any challenges from me till the grace period is over, I would like to know your preferences for a fight, considering I will be sending a challenge as soon as the grace period is over.

Would you like me to have to hunt you down IC, or are you simply going to accept a formal Bijuu challenge OOC; Things like that really, any further information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply   Delete
Mark Unread   Report to Admin
< Previous   Next >

Actually this is what I sent:

"I really hate to do this to ya, honestly, but we all knew this would happen.

If you wish to, think of this as a staggered challenge, my last message as well."

Also, here are the Timestamps: Sent: 2015-08-04 14:44:03
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:38:35 PM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »

And this is the reason there are supposed to be public challenge lists with public challenging like when I had the 5-tails. I digress, if Riku's challenge has been accepted, and no further discussion seems imminent from this point (that progresses the topic that is) then I guess this topic can be locked.

*If this is not the case and there remains stuff to be discussed, PM me or Kage and one of us will unlock.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:47:50 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.