Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: History with the Biju  (Read 1944 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
History with the Biju
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »

I was thinking about this the other day and figured it would be good to post a topic about before it comes up later in some sort of argument form

With the new mastering biju through rp thing that started up i feel as though there should be a new relationship system with the biju

By this i mean if someone aere to lose a beast and reacquire the same beast that they would already have a past relationship and as such would be familiar with one another

The main point of this topic however is about using the beast as a summon

For example lets say that i got the Yonbi back and used it as a summon, i believe that i wouldnt need a genjutsu or something of the like to control Goku due to us having a oast relationship, so its more of a mutual agreement like with regular kuchiyose

Do you all agree or disagree?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: History with the Biju
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »

That would make sense, so it can't be put into place.

In all seriousness though, does the wiki page keep track of the Jinks? That way people won't just be able to say "Oh, we were friends before. Believe it" when they pick up a bijuu. But I guess it would have to do with the beasts individual personalities too. For example, we know that the one-tails is a bit of a jerk.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 10:32:25 PM »

I would prefer that summoning of a bijuu stick to the genjutsu thing. I used to update the timeline for bijuu, but people stopped submitting entries for me to include. and there you go.

I feel that summoning bijuu is wrong and just another way for people to get out of the price you pay for hosting one.

We have running away, and OOC, and stupid level of chakra...everyone is an uzimaku just in case...and now summoning? well the rules about that were started, but are listed as never agreed upon...on the official rules thread. so discuss among yourselves and decide something I suppose.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 10:36:42 PM »

I was thinking about this the other day and figured it would be good to post a topic about before it comes up later in some sort of argument form

With the new mastering biju through rp thing that started up i feel as though there should be a new relationship system with the biju

By this i mean if someone aere to lose a beast and reacquire the same beast that they would already have a past relationship and as such would be familiar with one another

The main point of this topic however is about using the beast as a summon

For example lets say that i got the Yonbi back and used it as a summon, i believe that i wouldnt need a genjutsu or something of the like to control Goku due to us having a oast relationship, so its more of a mutual agreement like with regular kuchiyose

Do you all agree or disagree?

Disagree. The rules for using the tailed beasts as summons explicitly state that the beast will forever hate you (for the duration of the beast being your summon that is), and that it must be kept under genjutsu. If you want the beast to be your buddy, let it inside of you (no dirty joke intended) and go from there.

As far as a history of jinchs, it's been a sketch thing, but there has been fairly lackluster interest in maintaining a "host list" of sorts since generally you can ask other people and find out whether said person was once upon a time a host.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:31:38 AM »

Wait, maybe I'm understanding this wrong. Is this thread about having a bijuu that's not attached to any Jink and using it as a summon? Or a Jink kind of turning into the beast like Bee did with the 8 tails?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:02:27 AM »

If I remember right the rules were set in place for the summoning before we had even started actually Rping the mastering of the beast, if developing a relationship with the beast is key to mastering it through rp, then controlling the beast as a summon could also fall into the lines of relationship.

If I recall the rules have never finalized on what actual Genjutsu would be used to control them, as the only one ever seen was Sharingan, and not everyone is an Uchiha anymore.

I think that utilizing the beast a summon is the pinnacle of a friendship with the beast, Why would the beast forever hate you when you have given it freedom in the real world in exchange for help in combat? If you ask me the biju would prefer it to being trapped away in a cage inside of their host.

Plus, what if the Jinch is an Edo like myself or Trev and can not host the beast? If the beast has had relations with the individual in the past it wouldn't just develop an unbiased hate for the jinchuriki if they've interacted before,

I'm willing to take the role of maintaining a previous and current jinch list in the biju arena for the sake of documentation for all of this, if we put it in place

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 05:09:10 AM »

I think that if you're a Jink, then you shouldn't be able to summon it. Basically, you're letting it out of its cage and giving it life again. If I was a beast, I'd try my hardest to break free too if I were in that position. But then again, the same is true no matter how you summon it. Plus, then you can no longer tap its powers if you're basically summoning it from within you. It's kind of a strange workaround of pulling the bijuu from its holder (which is supposed to kill the holder anyway).
Basically, if you're a jink =/= summoning the bijuu.
If you 'own' the bijuu but are not a jink = summon the bijuu.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 05:19:23 AM »

Well if the beast is a summon contract then it isn't sealed within the user, it's either sealed within something else or given a place to roam or put in a cage or something, you don't summon it from within you you summon it from wherever it is or where it's sealed

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 05:23:40 AM »

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say. But considering that they bijuu would probably much rather be free than be with summoned by a ninja, I don't think their bond with you matters much. They'd probably need to be put under control to prevent trying to escape.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 05:29:30 AM »

If Naruto can befriend all 9 biju, I'm sure we as ninja can befriend one

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 05:30:23 AM »

Rule was there for fairness sake. Since summoning the biju was unlocking pretty much all of the beast's power right away as compared to taking time if you were a jinch. Also jinch had the worry of dying if the beast was ever unsealed from them.

So the hate thing was put it place to balance out the choices and other rules, since summoning held no obvious drawbacks.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:46 AM »

SL sure is an odd world indeed. Yet, either way the beast should retain its own memory of whom its encountered during its life in the realm. So if you once hosted it and managed to live to be able to host it again, those past memories could carry over and the process in 'mastering' it should be quicker. Again, this is in terms of RP and story line yadda yadda. But if you happen to encounter the beast again, it seem to be wiser to host it, in order to truly become its "master" as opposed to keeping it as a summon. If anything, a beast prefers to be host-less and free as opposed to being contained so a summoned beast would have the most hate of all, let alone a tamed and mentally overpowered beast would respect its host and enjoy its company knowing it was 'safe'. Just my thoughts on that. Pretty sure every beast that was forcibly controlled as opposed to a mutual relationship hated their summoner/host. Hosting a beast would be the ultimate bond to allow a jinchuriki the ability to actually control the beast, as opposed to summoning having some slight backlashes from time to time or something of the like.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:05:24 AM »

If a jinch returns a biju they previously hosted, they're allowed to regain full mastery over it right away if they already mastered it.

Gamabunta was friendly with Naruto and even he hated being summoned. Manda too would request 100 sacrifices. Taking creatures or anyone into battles randomly is sure to irk them.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:27 AM »

That's true, But I just felt as though there would be the ability to reach a mutual agreement with the beast,

But at the same time a Biju Kuchiyose is pretty pure destruction. Especially considering that the summoner still has full usage of their own abilities simultaneously,

But I was more over just saying for rp's sake. I mean it's still generally the same as having the beast as a summon when it's angry and genjutsu controller, you'd still fight with it the same way and everything, just interact with it differently.

Is there already something where the biju has to stay in one place over randomly roaming until summoned? If so is the Biju host controlled? If not we should discuss it?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 09:57:38 AM »

I mean, for any rp you do that doesn't have the biju up for grabs in a fight or something, I'm sure nobody would mind you be friendly and stuff with the beast and it not trying to kill you.

But for battle rp's you must use a genjutsu and if it is broken, the biju will try to kill you. Just a simple rule to balance things out around here, and i think it need not changed.

So basically
Private rp or any rp that you do just for fun or whatever: sure be as friendly as you want.

Challenge or IC hunt: Gotta follow da rules.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.