Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Jutsu Watch Discussion  (Read 5146 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Jutsu Watch Discussion
« on: August 11, 2015, 12:00:40 AM »

So continuing from the other topic about guns. This is the ninja's version of having a one-up on them.

While I may not be entirely for guns, they're kinda hard to pull off when much of the ninja population consists of the clan with red eyes that can perceive thing slower and predict the movements of others.

Though when compared to the pre-loaded jutsu wrist device that lets any ninja use any element with just a little chakra in the Boruto movie, guns get pretty out-teched by ninja tech.

Be sure to watch these clips as well. But note that these are spoiler-heavy of Boruto: Naruto the Movie.
http://a.pomf.cat/lpskof.mp4
http://a.pomf.cat/sdbgan.mp4
http://a.pomf.cat/nbqqam.mp4

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Jutsu Watch Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 12:44:12 AM »

Man, this movie really is cranking it up to 11. It's a good thing the SL community isn't involved in it, or so much of it would be voided.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »

You'd be surprised on how many actually watch the movies.

Anyways, we need to make limits on what this watch can actually do otherwise it will become incredibly powerful and very much used on SL.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:56:22 AM »

It seems to basically be preloaded with jutsu, which does seem very powerful as it would let people use jutsu that don't fall into their elemental category.

But then again, that's a moot point as so many characters here have mastered all the elements and can use all of the jutsu. Plus, it doesn't seem to be packed with super powerful jutsu, just basic ones. But I'm sure if people start using it, they'll find ways to pack bijuu bombs into these shells.

Suishou Koji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:58:57 AM »

It seems to basically be preloaded with jutsu, which does seem very powerful as it would let people use jutsu that don't fall into their elemental category.

But then again, that's a moot point as so many characters here have mastered all the elements and can use all of the jutsu. Plus, it doesn't seem to be packed with super powerful jutsu, just basic ones. But I'm sure if people start using it, they'll find ways to pack bijuu bombs into these shells.

Hence why I said limits.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:00:36 AM »

Or we could limit the device's production. Make a canon village that can produce them, and then keep a log of who they're handed out to. Kind of like we already do with the claimed page.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 01:03:38 AM »

I call dibs on production.

But anyways, it can be pre-loaded with scrolls of different techniques as well. That's how Boruto was able to create so many shadow clones in the first clip. And it's also how Katasuke was able to fire off a Nara Shadow jutsu, which was then absorbed and then thrown back at everyone else by Momoshiki.

Suishou Koji

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 01:05:25 AM »

Or we could limit the device's production. Make a canon village that can produce them, and then keep a log of who they're handed out to. Kind of like we already do with the claimed page.

AND limit what can go into the watch. No bijuu bombs, no advanced styles, stuff like that.

It shouldn't be incredibly strong justus.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 01:07:37 AM »

You call dibs on everything Kage lol
We can also choose to not regulate it at all besides the ranks of jutsu to go into it, which might be fitting considering that a plain genin was able to somehow get his hands on one. It also seems to only hold about five rounds at a time, so even if it were to be used, people would have to carry around ammo and use a turn to reload it.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 01:16:02 AM »

I call dibs/claims so I can have the authority to introduce it into the realm. This allows me to either bring it in as is, nerf it or even lock it away forever. Some may say that what I'm doing is no-better than other claimers, but I'm leaving the fate of this device to the community. The putty is in my hands, but others can shape and mold it.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 01:21:09 AM »

My question is what gives you the right to do though? And does the community agree with you being the sole user/producer of such a thing? Personally, I think it's a bit arrogant and once they're produced it could be reverse-engineered. But I'd like to hear other members opinions as well.
I believe that it should be free for all and in order to actually use it, they would just have to RP purchasing it from their local village shop. Not have to go through one person/join a clan in order to get it.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »

Same thing could be said about everything else on here.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/The_Claimed

But Katasuke is shown to be the creator, and the dude who wants to market/sell the thing to everyone else. Boruto was just the poster child.

Though like I said, I'm leaving it up to the community on what they want to do with it. I'll mass-produce it and sell it to everyone if they want.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 03:23:58 AM »

I'm honestly fine with Kage passing it out because it really does need to be limited.
From the looks of it 5 scrolls of the same technique or just one can be used , but as kage stated it even allows people to use Clan techniques like the nara's shadow technique..

I mean i honestly say if the community allows it to be used to seriously put some limits when it comes down to level of techniques, turns taken to reload a scroll or scrolls , as well as a pledge to not add on or manipulate it so you can't go around sealing Tailed Beasts Bombs or Rasenshurikens or anything ridiculous that could destroy a city if unleashed.

Should we add limits to the type of elements that can be used?  I mean shadow techniques don't even fall under the category of Fire,Water,Lightning,Earth, or Wind. So is it possible to seal Yin,Yang,Hyouton, Fuuton, or other Kekkai Genkai techniques?
I mean from what i gather isn't it really just being sealed for future use? 

I would say a 2 different elemental limit, unless your sealing dual natured elements in which case it's takes up both leaving them with 5 scrolls of said technique or 5 different techniques of that specific chakra nature total.

If you use a single element it gives you 5 scrolls of each element equaling up to 10 scrolls allowed meaning a whole other reload.

For Rank or limits of techniques I would A at the most if they're Kage level and above but considering SL and how everyone is a miniature power bomb i would say B Rank?
I mean i would assume most people would use this as a defensive maneuver but who knows everyone thinks differently.

For turns I say if you use 1 scroll it takes only a single turn to reload (Switch over to another technique) not counting the turn you used to activate said technique so you can use the other 4 scrolls preloaded in the machine. If you use all 5 Scrolls at once i say 3 to 4 turns to reload the other 5 scrolls you would be allowed to carry assuming you didn't use a dual natured technique in your scrolls.

From what i gather from the video it takes a specific handsign and focus of chakra to activate whatever scroll you have locked in. So what do we do if we allow multiple techniques to be locked in? a hand sign or a switch? I mean these are of course all suggestion but i feel like we would need to add some way to add specific keys to activate different elements that aren't shown.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:30:28 AM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 03:36:40 AM »

Bolt had 5 shots. Raiton, katon, suiton, raiton, and fuuton. Five different elements and five different scrolls. From the infographic, it looks like each element requires a different spiderman hand. So depending on what scrolls you have in there determines what kind of jutsu you could cast. I agree that it should be b-ranked probably that can be loaded in there, but it doesn't look like it required chakra to use. (or maybe just a bit combined with the appropriate handsign, I dunno lol)
But I think reloading should take one turn, regardless of how many you use. People can reload ammo into magazines fairly quickly, and I think this would probably be easier than loading a mag anyway. But try loading a magazine and doing something else at the same time. It's pretty hard to do! So you can move while doing it, but defensive or active actions shouldn't be doable.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 03:38:46 AM »

Man, this movie really is cranking it up to 11. It's a good thing the SL community isn't involved in it, or so much of it would be voided.

Actually I'm prefer we voided that device. Did all of you watched the clip?
It's practically a gun, firing various different type of jutsus at a rapid rate with no change of hand-movement. o.o
Plus, you saw how Boruto easily summoned shadow clones to surround the opponent but simply drop those mini-scrolls. If used properly and efficiently, one could easily win the match.

It's much easier to void the device than make up rules where some people are going to break them anyway. >.>
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.