Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: So.  (Read 13714 times)

Masane

• View Profile
So.
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:54:11 AM »

I have noticed that more and more people are doing ic hunt with their beast. Thats all good but where do we draw the line with refusing peoples rp who come to get the beast? Like could one turn down or void an rp if said person was wrong about a small detail?

Ex. Pam uses the telescope tech to find the 35 tails Pam states seeing or maybe seeing a fence. Yugi is the host and said that the fence was taken down and is no longer there. Should yugi be able to void pams rp just because there was no fence?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
Re: So.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:58:41 AM »

Well I for one, if I was a Jinchuriki, would prefer IC hunts. You have to be able to find out information and seek out a Jinchuriki as the Akatsuki did in the show. It may take a while, but it is a lot better then doings things OOC.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:00:53 AM »

I know that.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:02:02 AM »

Should the jink be able to void the rp cuz there was no fence? Thats all I need to know

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 03:05:59 AM »

No, I don't think so because that's asinine. That'd basically be the same as
'George entered the restaurant where the 17 tailed Jink was eating' and the 17 tailed could say, "Nope, I was only drinking inside the restaurant. Void!"
RP is meant to bring out creativity. Not everyone has the same setting in their mind. Some people might expect the streets of Konoha to look one way, while the other person has a different representation in their head. Just because their two ideas don't match up 100% shouldn't make one person's view wrong and the other right. They should reach a middle ground of acceptance.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 03:08:03 AM »

Thank you bec. I agree completely. Before I say anything about what inspied this I need more opinions.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 03:38:16 AM »

No that's stupid.

Why do people have such a hard time remembering that this is a game?

If you are using correct methods to find people, who cares if the aesthetic details are off? You could as well have just said that Pam uses the technique and just finds who she is looking for. No details otherwise. Why don't we do that? Because it's not interesting to anyone. So we add cute little details like that for everyone to enjoy. Those details are not a requirement, they are a courtesy. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 03:45:22 AM »

Indeed. Ive taken the high road, doing the rp again. This time we will see what is wrong with it. I think said jink is just being a cunt but whatever.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 03:53:57 AM »

Damn.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 03:55:58 AM »

Um wow....

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 03:58:43 AM »

Masane, please mind your language. That seems to be the thing that mostly gets you in trouble here. I know we've had problems in the past, but I'm in your corner this time. I also don't believe that the entire RP should be re-done over one small detail. Yes, I do believe whoever was the source of this issue was being unfair but you still have to mind your language or it'll just end up making you look like the bad guy.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 04:22:28 AM »

Bec I really dont care. I call it how I see it. 

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 04:23:54 AM »

We are doing the rp again so there should be no reason he does not get his fight

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 04:45:40 AM »

Masane, you said you're doing IC hunt again? As in, you already IC hunt this character and you're doing the whole process over again? If so, you can just instantly find them via Sage Mode or any other sensing tech.

And it seems like the Jinks that are doing IC hunts are the ones that are barely active. >.>

I don't see any guidelines for the IC hunt and how it's suppose to go. Who's to prevent you from asking a village's NPC the name and physical description of the village's Jink? Logic says all village members should know who it is with the exception of the kids. Use Byakugan or any similar method, and say you found the person. Unless you know for a fact that Jink is not in the village atm.

Acceptable? Probably not. Legit RP? Indeed.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 04:49:36 AM »

And it seems like the Jinks that are doing IC hunts are the ones that are barely active. >.>

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.