Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: So.  (Read 14182 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: So.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:33 AM »

You are making the biju have less chakra, which makes it not as powerful, but it's too much to just insta find it.

Way I see it, IC hunts are suppose to be challenging.

Like it shouldn't be so easy that all you do is claim to have the biju's chakra and then use a technique to track it anywhere.

But it also shouldn't be the hunter having to go through hell and months of rp to find host, most of whom use various techniques and other things to stay mostly hidden.

Yeah all the new age jincks turtle behind their village with 12 different barriers and three different types of way to completely fuck you if you try and enter or find them, and then when you try something clever to find them, they immediately jump to the void wagon and give you the middle finger.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 05:51:33 AM »

If I remember right, there was something in the guidelines for those who solely prefer IC hunts to have them known publically about their Jinchuriki status. Was never really officially amended to the rules, but was more of a guideline.

You can't have biju chakra, idk why everone does this. Or at least if so, change the rules.

Tampering with the Bijū
Tampering with the bijū, meaning: destroying it, altering its affinity, dividing its powers into multiple entities, etc. and any action that changes it from its known canon form is strictly prohibited.

But as to the IC hunt rule. When that rule was first placed, it meant that the Jinch had to leave their village every two weeks for a day. Making it much easier to hunt them, since it is a pain for the hunter. But now everyone just stays in their village mostly. Should be back to the old way

The loophole with that rule though, is that it is canon that it's powers can be bestowed upon multiple entities in an indirect way. (Ex. Naruto granting the shinobi forces Kurama's chakra, and the chakra cloak was reliant on Naruto continuing to supply and connect to them all.) It's an old rule that hasn't been updated recently. Though I do understand that the rule clearly means that you can't divide Kurama into nine different tails to nine different entities, no matter how cool it might sound for them all to fuse back together. (Think of Ninetails and the Fox Rods from Okami.) And it's meant to not have individuals with similar powers of Ginkaku and Kinkaku's abilities.

Otherwise, the hunting process can really gimp out on a lot of people who are not so familiar or versed with Tailed Beast Chakra. It would really give an advantage to those who have already had a Tailed Beast and are familiar with their chakras.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 05:52:09 AM »

Yall are tripping. The beast would regain their chakra. So you tellimg me the chakra from all the beasts in the senju tree is not really in there? Do you not pay attention to the actual verse? The 9 ran out of chakra and had to sit there and meditate to recover it

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »

Hey everyone, what about when the 8 tails got his tail cut off? Or those brothers ate part of the 9 tails? Technically, it's a division of bijuu chakra...But it's also different in some ways. I thought chakra naturally recovered over time. Does that mean that the chakra the brothers gained from eating Kyuubi meat was taken from Kyuubi forever?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 05:56:54 AM »

The rule you mentioned Trev doesn't apply to this situation (dividing its powers into multiple entities a tag is not an entity. If it did, then a Jinchuriki couldn't channel Bijuu chakra into any tool or weapon without breaking the rules. I honestly don't know how long ago the Senju Tree had the beast's chakra, but apparently it was okay with the majority of Konoha if it was there doing this. Void the tag you might as well void the tree of ever having any of the beasts chakra to begin with.

If a person has some of Kurama's chakra somehow, I wouldn't be against them tracking me down as long as its a legitimate method and showed some effort in RP to face me. But at the same time I can see how it can be abused, but as for going against current rules? It doesn't.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 05:59:21 AM »

Well, the obviously a jink can never use clone techniques. That is dividing the beasts chakra into multiple entities too. Oh and that also means that they can't enhance any of their longer range techniques because if they add chakra to it, then fire it, that chakra is now by the rules logic a separated entity. Man, being a jink sucks.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 06:02:49 AM »

I personally don't accept the senju grand tree having all 9 chakra from the tailed beast, not even remotely.

@Kage, no there is no loophole, since the rule used the word and. "and any action that changes it from its known canon form is strictly prohibited." Which means that along with this the other things still apply "Even though some of those things such as dividing power are canon."

@Beq possibly. I mean Minato split Kurama's power in half, and that didn't come back.

@Madara, my comment wasn't totally aimed at Masane, I've seen people seal biju chakra in themselves, summons, and other things. I don't really care if it's allowed, but the rule should be reworded or removed or something in my opinion

@Rus, no now you're just trying to find a loophole >> Taking it word for word and not looking at it with context is insane. Almost like you assuming the 2nd amendment is literally about bear arms
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 06:09:20 AM »

Everyone is just throwing semantics at trev, and at this point instead of continuing this trend, how bout we solve the underlying issue and not allow jincks to hide forever and then bitch when someone finds em. Make it possible for the hunter to actually do just that.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 06:12:37 AM »

While my example was extreme, I was pointing something out. It's called interpretation Trev.  The way I interpret the rule is different from how you interpret it. When the rule says you cannot divide it into a separate entity, I see that as saying they cannot create pseudo jinks or give everyone beast cloaks. Not that they beast's chakra is completely immune to being absorbed or used for tracking later.

Plus if you are seeing everyone doing this, then obviously the rule either isn't working or there is confusion on what is considered an entity.     

Everyone is just throwing semantics at trev, and at this point instead of continuing this trend, how bout we solve the underlying issue and not allow jincks to hide forever and then bitch when someone finds em. Make it possible for the hunter to actually do just that.

And I was fairly certain that we have already established that hosts are supposed to post every 2 weeks in a public place where people can actually find them, but we all know how good people are at actually doing that. We resort to these "Cheap" methods of finding the tailed beasts because everyone absolutely refuses to give any slack. They refuse to play the role they took on in this RPG.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 06:14:51 AM »

nuff said.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2015, 06:16:31 AM »

nuff said.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:14 AM »

I believe the rule is pretty clear, it's relatively only people that look for loopholes or ask the what if's that pose the million different scenarios instead of just leaving things alone. You could literally do this to almost every rule ever, and interpret it differently.

Also, the first one. It's like the 2 week thing, it's a rule, a rule not followed by anyone, therefore the rule is not working.

Personally I would void the IC hunt option, biju stuff is already confusing enough with so many arguments of challenges. Why add something complicated like IC hunts that typically involved whole villages arguing, hunters using cheap tactics, cause the jinchs keep their host status top secret. It was suppose to be people do what Kage suggested as a guideline, and leave every two weeks, but that doesn't happen.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 06:31:53 AM »

People are more inclined to follow rules more strictly, as the consequences are usually stripping what they worked hard for.

Guidelines are just things that people follow out of respect for them, but there aren't really any consequences in not following them in the long run.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2015, 06:50:39 AM »

So what's the point of having Bijuu if you can't really use them for IC stuff? At least that's what I'm getting from this.
Still, wasn't there a previous topic that was about the turtling problem when it comes to bijuu?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 07:05:33 AM »

This is... Getting a bit ridiculous, isn't it guys? I mean, while I don't agree with Konoha's Grand Senju Tree of Might having all the nine chakras, the hell can I do about it? As shown, people will keep doing what they want regardless o.o

I mean, the rule is clear, certain people here are just trying to pretend they suddenly don't understand it just to get what they want.

Shit, I'm one of those people >_> Anyone see the topic about my Bijuu Chakra Seal? xD I mean, c'mon.

But seriously << The rules should be followed but as for something, as seeing as the Tree of Chakra is, it can't be helped. I've known about that tree OOC for too many years for that to even be stopped x.x
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.