Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updating the Rules or Updating the Fights  (Read 4445 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Updating the Rules or Updating the Fights
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »

I read Eric's first post, scanned a few, and people keep talking about the rules and stuff. When the Bijuu rules were made, remade, and then remade again, each time the way challenges were handled were the same.

You look around for a beast that you one on the list of Jinchuurikis, then you get on SL and message said person a challenge, and then that is that.
The fight is either OOC/IC, depending on what they decide(Oh, hey! Look, one of the rules).
And then other things are decided on.

The issue nowadays is that we are giving Jinchuurikis TOO MUCH FREEDOM.

I get it 'It's a game! Lets have fun!' Fuck that, seriously. No one knows how to have fun >_> (Don't get technical on me people, I'm making a point)

The original system, the FIRST system, has still proven to be the most successful. We had no arguments about whether a host could accept or decline a challenge. We never had this 'Oh, there's no bridge!' bullshit, either.

You looked, you sent a challenge, and then you worked out the details.

What we did on SL is we changed the way Bijuu fights work but we kept the same old rules, so of course things are going to suddenly get confusing and the rules 'won't make any sense'.. Despite that they are pretty cut and dry, and clear.

This has been mentioned before... But guys, why don't we go back to the old methods? This isn't a dating site, Hosts shouldn't get to put down all their likes and dislikes on a list and then decide on who they get to date. Sure, the list is a nice thing to have so people know what they are walking into and if there are any voids the person doesn't accept(that was thing back in the old days), and BAM!!!

So why don't we just stop with all this confusing 'I want to be IC, but these guys want to be OOC' and just go back to the old ways of things? .-. You all see how easily that would clear up all the problems with current day Bijuu fights, right?

So, in short, we should either go back to the old ways of doing challenges... Or we need to COMPLETELY revamp most of the Bijuu Challenging Rules.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:38:25 PM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »

The issue nowadays is that we are giving Jinchuurikis TOO MUCH FREEDOM.

I agree. Have you seen the last two entries for Biju preferences? They down right void everything. I thought it was a joke at first, that's how dumbfounded I was to read them.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 09:57:04 PM »

Maybe it is the power sets being used today that are the total joke?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »

If you chose not to play the Meta, that is your decision. In every competitive game, ever, the meta changes to suit more preferred strategies to ensure a better chance at victory. Those who choose not to follow the meta switch, always fall behind and complain that things are too 'Broken'.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »

biju fights bring the most problems of them all. >>;

Would just like to clarify my own preferences when it comes to challenging me; ICly you've been plotting to gain the power of a biju and begin seeking out the jinchuriki. You happen to figure out that Keito Uzumaki posses Insert Biju Here and proceed on a journey to scout this man out and make sure your information is correct. A scenario would be created to have a 1 on 1 face off with said characters and if escelated proceeded to a fight(preferably upon the forums) NOW, the moment the fight starts is when I prefer the match to be OOC. No, I'm not scared of dying, I have died before and wooo look at me I'm still here. >>; But I wish for it to be OOC because first of all, biju matches aren't won in a day or two so the process of fighting alone will take a while and this helps prevent any serious RP locks. Although OOC, the out come of the fight will reflect upon our IC actions. So we can leave off encountering each other and then OOCly fight to dictate the IC actions afterwards, whether a new host is to be made or the old one remains the host. Should be quite simple really since the match would be a biju match, but just like any other zone fight nothing really preventing/blocking the ability to fight at any time. Where as if the entire process where IC, many RPs would have to be held off and the only priority for said characters would be the match, however long it takes.

That is why I incorporated a hybrid of OOC/IC. Hopefully it is allowed, because I for one HATE being stuck in RP on another's expense, no matter the cause. I've been locked in RP for months on end with nothing better to do to just void the entire scenario because no compromise or posts were made. Having the battle/fighting be OOC should speed up the entire biju battling match entirely. The real 'time-waster' would be trying to properly find out who is a jinchuriki and where are they 'hiding' since in reality the only person who should know Keito is a jinch is the person whom gave it to him. >>; Not much else has been revealed :P

Was actually reading something where biju could speak with other biju internally and what not, and was wondering if there was a way to have a 'calling of the jinchuriki' to set up some sort of meeting/gathering of those whom host the beasts. If so that would be pretty cool and then ICly they would also be the only ones to know just who are the real jinchuriki's of the realm. Instead of all this implication stuff going around.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 10:36:14 PM »

What Athos said, go back to the old ways. Easier, and simple. And when a community as small and divided as us is tasked with somewhat incorporating regulations, simple and easier is better.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »

If you chose not to play the Meta, that is your decision. In every competitive game, ever, the meta changes to suit more preferred strategies to ensure a better chance at victory. Those who choose not to follow the meta switch, always fall behind and complain that things are too 'Broken'.

Interesting...and what would you choose to void? I assume you have things in mind that you find objectionable.

Oh...to whoever keeps the bijuu challenge preference lists updated...please split out the old hosts and place them into the bijuu arena thread as locked topics?

Simpler is better. But I would have to object to certain 'ability' claims too. I see no reason why a match can not exclude certain things, just as the SSM testing matches and the Sasori tests do. It cuts out all the crap and just gets to the nitty gritty of RP battle.

In an ooc match. IC speaking? If kay was in danger of dying, I would want to use my power skills. But I can't fault another for wanting to simply battle.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 05:12:39 AM »

People don't seem to realize that no matter what we do to the rules or if we go back to old ones that there is still going to be issues. That's a fact for this type of 'rp'. THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO MAKE RULES THAT COVER EVERYTHING YOU COULD FATHOM.
Going back to the old rules will only result in more issues. It sounds simple enough to go challenge someone for a beast and work it out with them on the details, but do you know how conniving people are? Very much so.

Using the old way: ("You looked, you sent a challenge, and then you worked out the details.")

Billy has the 9 tails and little Tim wants to fight him for it.
Tim sends a challenge to Billy.

And now you expect that system to work? It would achieve nothing. What if Billy wants a deathmatch, but Tim doesn't? You're in the same situation as before using the current rules.

As I said the preferences are NOT rules. They are what the host wants and can be changed based on each challenger.

As for Gitsune's and Courts bijuu fight preferences those are, as the word means, a greater liking for one alternative over another.

Take a part of Gitsune's:
- None of the special jutsus (FTG, other space-time, etc.)

She can want that and can try to convince the challenge to also not use it. She in no way can make it to where you can't use it though. She doesn't have that power nor does any one person.

These lists are for sake of convenience so you don't have to pm each host and find out. They're not rules. Just to expect what a fight with them would contain.

No matter where we go or what we do or how we handle it. There are going to be issues. This thought process of going back to old rules or making new ones will solve nothing.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 06:15:59 AM »

Old rules were auto deathmatch, poor example Shadow boy >>
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »

... In every competitive game, ever...

If you really think about it, SL is not supposed to be a competitive game. Yeah, villages compete to be the best and all that, but the RP ultimatum was suppoesd to be creating fun RPs, not putting competition above all else. Even in the days of the clans enough of the competition could be done in-game (PvP, clan destroying, plundering, etc.) that RP itself tended not to be bogged down by it.

That's not the case anymore. The RP has gotten fiercely competitive, especially in biju matches. Everyone going towards the meta of challenging everything, trying to find loopholes, and the likes is an issue that, compounded with personal attitudes, makes this whole thing a fiasco of infinite makes and remakes.

Old rules were auto deathmatch, poor example Shadow boy >>

Not really, if I recall correctly, if you could survive extraction and the challenger did not kill you you did not per say die. Unless we're talking waaaay back before Zenaku was even holding beasts, in which case that's territory I'm really not familiar with.

What Athos said, go back to the old ways. Easier, and simple. And when a community as small and divided as us is tasked with somewhat incorporating regulations, simple and easier is better.

No, it is not! When you leave things open to interpretation, leave things unsaid or undecided, that mean to people that they can argue about it. Literally! If defacto the preferences were not "hosts rules" many of them would have went nuts and the hosts' preferences would have been nigh pointless. Especially when you compare the differing preferences between all the hosts who have ever been.

Would just like to clarify my own preferences when it comes to challenging me... Where as if the entire process where IC, many RPs would have to be held off and the only priority for said characters would be the match, however long it takes.

That is why I incorporated a hybrid of OOC/IC. Hopefully it is allowed, because I for one HATE being stuck in RP on another's expense, no matter the cause. I've been locked in RP for months on end with nothing better to do to just void the entire scenario because no compromise or posts were made. Having the battle/fighting be OOC should speed up the entire biju battling match entirely. The real 'time-waster' would be trying to properly find out who is a jinchuriki and where are they 'hiding' since in reality the only person who should know Keito is a jinch is the person whom gave it to him...

Then just have the challenge match OOC and call it a day. It's clearly not worth doing the whole thing IC so just do it OOC. No RP locking required.

I mean, I don't get it. The options were supposed to appease one side or the other (fight OOC or fight IC) not create a middle ground that leaves the most debated and troublesome part of the IC fight intact. The song "Let it go" comes to mind when people try to keep and have the cake too.

That may make sense in the context of a Constitution for the USA, but not everyone in the SL community is even required upon pain of death or imprisonment to follow the rules. Those who do, as aforementioned, tend to follow the meta of trying to get away with anything he/she can get away with and to find loopholes to exploit when needed, which I admit to having been apart of building up and even advocating at times.

You want to know what would really be simple, easier, and better? Getting rid of the tailed beasts altogether.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 19 queries.