Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Three-Tailed Trials  (Read 6871 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Three-Tailed Trials
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 09:54:47 PM »

total weirdness.

So deathstroke. I am listening to a song and your gif avatar has truly got some moves there that synced up nice.

Listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBRc8zNQ30

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 10:41:25 PM »

I thought we decided that that new host had to take on the previous host challenge list?

It's why myself and the Kurama jinch are in discussion for a possible battle since I was on Camel's list.

So which is it? Is it more of an honor bound system? Like you don't have to, but can.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »

I thought we decided that that new host had to take on the previous host challenge list?

It's why myself and the Kurama jinch are in discussion for a possible battle since I was on Camel's list.

So which is it? Is it more of an honor bound system? Like you don't have to, but can.

I was under the assumption that you sort of *had* to take on the list from the previous host and work your way until that previous list is done. Then after that you can start a new list or take a brief grace period (two weeks), before taking on another new list of challengers.

So I am just as confused as Trev is. What kind of system do we have here anyway?

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:20:21 PM »

I was under the assumption that you sort of *had* to take on the list from the previous host and work your way until that previous list is done. Then after that you can start a new list or take a brief grace period (two weeks), before taking on another new list of challengers.

So I am just as confused as Trev is. What kind of system do we have here anyway?

When did you ever have to take the other challengers? O.o One of the biggest things people would fight for it getting first place on a New Jincks list when they just beat the old one.

If anything, it's more honor bound. There are no rules stating it and if there are, why? O.o Two different people, two different lists.

I didn't take Eric's challengers. All three of them had to re-challenge me and none of them did. So, what? If I was forced to take on his list, then I may be fighting people who aren't even interested in fighting me or the beast anymore? o.o

I dunno, I just didn't even know people took lists >> I heard about it but it just seemed off and silly. But what do I know?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:09 AM »

If it's not something physically written and set in stone here, then people aren't going to know, or do it. If it's not in the rules, then people aren't going to "assume" they "have" to take on previous challengers. It's not like Yujo doesn't get a turn (he'll just challenge either Deathstroke if he wins or be next in line against me).

We could probably use way better rules.

And yeah, Deathstroke's PMs are misinterpreted, I believe he did message me again at 12am, so he still comes first. I don't know what else to say here.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 01:01:41 AM »

Valid enough. If it is not in the official list of rules...

the list of things to revise is steadily growing.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 02:18:24 AM »

When did you ever have to take the other challengers? O.o One of the biggest things people would fight for it getting first place on a New Jincks list when they just beat the old one.

If anything, it's more honor bound. There are no rules stating it and if there are, why? O.o Two different people, two different lists.

I didn't take Eric's challengers. All three of them had to re-challenge me and none of them did. So, what? If I was forced to take on his list, then I may be fighting people who aren't even interested in fighting me or the beast anymore? o.o

I dunno, I just didn't even know people took lists >> I heard about it but it just seemed off and silly. But what do I know?

Do you honestly think ANYTHING on these forums would be Honor bound?

"I didn't take Eric's challengers. All three of them had to re-challenge me and none of them did. So, what? If I was forced to take on his list, then I may be fighting people who aren't even interested in fighting me or the beast anymore? o.o"

And this...You didn't have to take on Eric's list, not because you were not supposed to, but because as you stated, none of them had any interest, they didn't care enough to go out and enforce this. I mean I am not sure what you were trying to convey with that, but that is all that there is to it.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 02:58:20 AM »

So either Eiko does have to fight the challengers of the person she got the bijuu from or she doesn't. Are there more rules somewhere else than the forum? I don't see where it says that. The only thing relevant is that if the host is stripped their clan leader gets their bijuu, it does not mention, the challenger list though. Perhaps it should be revised to say that if it was meant to be an enforceable rule, because I'm not seeing it as of now.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 03:11:51 AM »

Do you honestly think ANYTHING on these forums would be Honor bound?

"I didn't take Eric's challengers. All three of them had to re-challenge me and none of them did. So, what? If I was forced to take on his list, then I may be fighting people who aren't even interested in fighting me or the beast anymore? o.o"

And this...You didn't have to take on Eric's list, not because you were not supposed to, but because as you stated, none of them had any interest, they didn't care enough to go out and enforce this. I mean I am not sure what you were trying to convey with that, but that is all that there is to it.

My point was kind of obvious >_> THEY HAD TO RE-CHALLENGE ME. I didn't put them on a list, I didn't automatically take them on as challengers.

If we're talking technicalities here now and about points being made, it isn't in the rules that a Host HAS to take the old Host's list so this whole topic was already resolved before it started o.o;

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »

My point was kind of obvious >_> THEY HAD TO RE-CHALLENGE ME. I didn't put them on a list, I didn't automatically take them on as challengers.

If we're talking technicalities here now and about points being made, it isn't in the rules that a Host HAS to take the old Host's list so this whole topic was already resolved before it started o.o;

:smt023
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 07:32:31 AM »

ºGrace Periodº
After any challenge (& loss) from a challenger, a week must be given to the host before challenging them to a rematch (the one week grace period is in subject to a single challenger & as such does not signify a host can ignore challenges from all others during the time period). In cases such as obtaining a Biju for oneself, a 2-week grace period is granted In order to “commune” with one’s Biju. If a host shows inactivity for long periods of time (two weeks or more) without prior notice, you can report their missing & conference of a suitable host will take place when possible.

Where are people reading that the host does not have to accept challenges (in general) during the grace period? I am reading that you don't have to fight during the grace period if anything else.

Challenge lists were at one time inherited, but it was never made an explicit rule, which caused it to fall out of practice with some. Traditionally the list would be inherited for fairness' sake, but again, the rules did not have it written in since things like tradition have been felt in the past not something that needed to be written down.

But yeah, that's why there is confusion going on there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:32:52 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2015, 04:46:12 PM »

ºGrace Periodº
After any challenge (& loss) from a challenger, a week must be given to the host before challenging them to a rematch (the one week grace period is in subject to a single challenger & as such does not signify a host can ignore challenges from all others during the time period). In cases such as obtaining a Biju for oneself, a 2-week grace period is granted In order to “commune” with one’s Biju. If a host shows inactivity for long periods of time (two weeks or more) without prior notice, you can report their missing & conference of a suitable host will take place when possible.

Where are people reading that the host does not have to accept challenges (in general) during the grace period? I am reading that you don't have to fight during the grace period if anything else.

Challenge lists were at one time inherited, but it was never made an explicit rule, which caused it to fall out of practice with some. Traditionally the list would be inherited for fairness' sake, but again, the rules did not have it written in since things like tradition have been felt in the past not something that needed to be written down.

I wrote that rule to say that hosts cannot ignore challenges during the one week break they get after a challenge is concluded by another. That's the only limitation there was. As far as the two week period, you had rights to say no to people during then since you're (IC) busy adjusting to your new life and power. For a long while did we do it like this. That is what we did traditionally, not inherit a list of challengers. I remember the talk of list inheritance and I remember we never set it in stone because it was much too controversial to implement.

Honestly, the whole list inheritance is a bit much to try and make people participate in. People are forgetting that bijuu fight challenges are simply chances to get the bijuu, that's it. If someone else gets it, there goes your chance. You now have to challenge the new person for that chance.

It's like buying a house. Just because you submit an application and someone else's application gets approved first and they get the house, doesn't mean you're next in line for other houses offered around the area (or even that same house). Gotta reapply to each.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »

It's like buying a house. Just because you submit an application and someone else's application gets approved first and they get the house, doesn't mean you're next in line for other houses offered around the area (or even that same house). Gotta reapply to each.

That is a perfect example of what I was also trying to get across >>; Rai just did it better.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »

ºGrace Periodº

I wrote that rule to say that hosts cannot ignore challenges during the one week break they get after a challenge is concluded by another. That's the only limitation there was. As far as the two week period, you had rights to say no to people during then since you're (IC) busy adjusting to your new life and power. For a long while did we do it like this. That is what we did traditionally, not inherit a list of challengers. I remember the talk of list inheritance and I remember we never set it in stone because it was much too controversial to implement.

Honestly, the whole list inheritance is a bit much to try and make people participate in. People are forgetting that bijuu fight challenges are simply chances to get the bijuu, that's it. If someone else gets it, there goes your chance. You now have to challenge the new person for that chance.

What is the point of these rules written down here if every single rule has some implied meaning or power that is given, that only the people who played the game before bijuu were a thing remember >_>

The rules might as well go as followed:
Grace period: Sorta kinda like after 12 days you gotta maybe start fighting, unless..."

If the rules aren't going to be followed as they are, and every time there is an issue regarding them, someone from the past comes out of the woodwork and proclaims that 'These' are actually what the rules mean, why don't we get to work revising them?

They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »

What is the point of these rules written down here if every single rule has some implied meaning or power that is given, that only the people who played the game before bijuu were a thing remember >_>

The rules might as well go as followed:
Grace period: Sorta kinda like after 12 days you gotta maybe start fighting, unless..."

If the rules aren't going to be followed as they are, and every time there is an issue regarding them, someone from the past comes out of the woodwork and proclaims that 'These' are actually what the rules mean, why don't we get to work revising them?

People seemed to understand them before. Honestly don't know when the decline in people who understood happened. It's not like I just posted these up and said "follow these". I told people about these in my attempt to help people out and people were, like, "yeah, this works. Cool. Keep as is." and we went on our way. Before bijuu were a thing? These were written because there weren't any when bijuu had been a thing.

"Yeah. Maybe, but you know I'm not sure." Here's the whole thing about complaining about how something is done: it doesn't mean a thing unless you have a way to make it better. Hindsight bias is just that.

Far as I see, people have been making revisions as time comes. It's not the same set from years ago. It's pretty different now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:40:43 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.