Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings (Old)  (Read 1600 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings (Old)
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »

I suppose I will go ahead and be pro-active about this area. I will start with the SL forum and then go from there, since this will also help me gather my thoughts.

Challenge List:
1] 09/11/14 (9/22/2014 - 10/28/2014) Elemental Seraph :conceded due to inactivity.  (Forum)
2] 09/27/14 (10/29/2014 - 11/20/2014) Senju Ichirou     :challenger conceded    (Forum)
3] 10/28/14 (11/22/2014 - 12/1/2014)  Athos                 :challenger conceded (Forum)
4]  11/29/14  (12/3/2014 - 1/14/2015) Senju Ichirou           :challenger defeated (Forum)
5] 12/10/14 (1/16/2015 - 1/31/2015) Uzumaki Machina        : challenger conceded (Forum)
6] 4/19/15                                    Miyamoto Batou : booted due to inactivity (In-game)
7] 5/24/15                        Ichirou Hyuuga: Passed over until challenge with Shadow decided.

8] 5/29/15 ( 6/15/2015 - 7/8/2015)              Rikudou   Victory for the Challenger

9] 6/4/15 ( ? - ?)                              Sarutobi, Shin
10] 6/8/15 (? - ?)                             Masane

To find previous matches that took place here on the forum, just forum search Eric Nara vs (insert challenger name here). Or, simply type the name of the challenged and/or challenger in the search function. Either way, if it took place here on the forum, it can be found.

Alternatively, all of Eric's at least will have an exclamation mark as its topic icon. That should make it very easy to pick out among a sea of paper icons.

Link to Narutopedia challenge page: http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuo_Challenge_List_%285-tails%29

Link to Forum challenge page: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8031.0.html

Current host: Eric Nara

Affiliation: Akatsuki/Missing Ninja

Preferred Method: OOC 1v1 match

Special rules

-The match is to be 1v1, though summons and the like are permitted.

-Victory for the challenger is the defeat of the host through any means necessary, and vice versa. Death in the fight does not equate to death IC.

-Skills acquired during an OOC match are not carried over IC.

-If, by some chance, the match should reach a point of true stalemate after a minimum of 12 turns or 30 days (the criteria to be used depending on the progression of the fight) then a judge may be called in to determine a winner based on how the fight has progressed up to this point. Both participants must request this of the judge in person (no he said we could or she said we might, the judge must receive a response from both participants). If this is chosen, then the judge may declare a  winner based on these criteria:

*Who effectively manipulated the flow of the battle the best? The strategy employed (based on the posts) may have been defensive and attrition-based, but was it effective in the long run in wearing down the opponent?

*What caused the stalemate? The challenger being unable to defeat the challenged, or vice versa? Is it constant cancellation of jutsu and techniques by both sides, or merely one side taking refuge in a relatively inaccessible area (such as pocket dimension) in order to avoid defeat entirely?

*Who showed the greatest skill in the fight? This is completely and utterly at the discretion of the judge. Their decision is final on the matter, regardless of accusations of cheating or bribery or otherwise. This should be kept in mind when deciding on a judge for the fight.

If neither side can be conclusively declared the winner, then the fight either proceeds or a draw is declared. In the case of a draw, the challenger may rejoin the queue of challengers after the latest challenger without having to wait for cooldown (this circumvention for the benefit of the challenger for not technically being declared the loser, though by not succeeding the host can be considered a winner in this situation). Note, this is a technical victory for the host, so unless the challenger truly believes that a restart is necessary to increase victory chances, then it is not recommended to settle for a draw without reviewing this process a second time.

-Is willing to fight either at SL or on the SL forum, the latter option most useful for fights where long periods of time may pass between postings (and also serves as a record of the fight's progress for other challengers)

- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the preferred days for zoning. Times vary by week, so see host for details.

- In the event that a host is defeated, the new host has the cooldown challenge period timeframe to either accept the special regulations for the tailed beast or completely re-write or alter the special rules. If they do not post their own variant by the beginning of the next challenge, then it is to be assumed that they comply with the previous special regulations.

If you wish to make a challenge, post below stating the name of your in-game character, compliance or wish to negotiate with the above stipulations from the host, and preferred zone. After that, communication will mostly be in private messages through a necessary medium.

Any questions or concerns should be directed in PM's as to avoid cluttering unnecessarily this thread. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:20:35 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:02 AM »

Current Host: Ichirou Hyuuga

Affiliation: Amegakure

Preferred method: IC hunt, (1-3)v(1-3)

Special Conditions: Even though the challenge method is IC hunt, the participants of the battle can be gathered and the fight moved to the forum, to prevent board clutter and the losing of posts.

-If desired, the match can be "Staggered RP" (we can rp whilst the match happens, but the end result of the match will still occur IC). Once a victor is decided the Jinchuriki and Challenger then finish whatever rp they are in and immediately post going to begin the fight, so that is when it happens chronologically. If you manage to get yourself killed before the fight happens it will be voided, but I'm not forcing you to rp elsewhere during the fight.

-The Challenger and Jinchuriki teams each have a one time ability to boot a judge. If the agreed upon judge makes a decision just so despicable that you need to get a new one you can say that after this decision you are requesting a new judge. Each participant can do this ONCE, and NOT while a decision is being made. Once a new judge is picked they are the set judge for the rest of the fight, or until the remaining boot is used on them.

-You cannot borrow techniques from your friends like Dust Release or Hirashin. You can only use what abilities and tools you have In-Character during the fight, even if it's OOC.

-If you take 14 days to post(1v1) 5 days to post (2v2) or 2 days to post (3v3), the fight will be called off and you will be declared the loser. Note that the timer does not reset if you posted once and then have to repost. I.e. You waited a week to post, but your post was all godmodding and autohitting, and then waited 8 days to repost, then you still lose.

- Everyone gets ONE repost only. This does not include edits. The difference being that a repost would change the entire set of actions from the post while an Edit would only fix minor problem with the already existing actions. 3 edits are allowed.

- To issue a challenge, you must find Ichirou IC within the world, and be aware of his possession of Son-Goku, once I am approached and given proof that the knowledge of the Yonbi is legitimate we will move the fight to the forums, in the setting of wherever I am encountered IC.

- In the instance that one or more individuals are attempting to locate the Yonbi, whoever finds the Yonbi first will be granted the first fight, unless the two team up, in that instance it would be a 2v1 or whatever outcome the rp brings

(Mostly) Non-Negotiable Voids

-Swift Release
-Claims of immunity to Ototon
-Liquefying Ototon
-Demon empowerment, vampirism, etc. Pretty much anything that doesn't make sense in the Naruto lore
- Borrowing resets when you already have resets
- Any of the recent Rikudou powered abilities
- Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack
- Just happening to have "a seal" that eliminates one or more of your weaknesses
- Non Zetsu Mayfly
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:12:53 PM by Ichirou Hyuuga »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 05:23:44 AM »

Jinchūriki: Dāto Terumī

Affiliation: Kirigakure

Preferred Method: OOC 1v1; exceptions apply

Preferred Zone: Wetlands

Preferred Judges: Eric, Warren, Kamui, Kage; exceptions apply

Preferred Outlet: SL Forum

Special rules

-The match is to be 1v1.

-Victory for the challenger is the defeat of the host through any means necessary, and vice versa. Death in the fight does NOT equate to death IC.

-Skills acquired during an OOC match are not carried over IC. Similarly, knowledge of participants' abilities do NOT carry over to IC RP.

-If, by some chance, the match should reach a point of true stalemate after a minimum of 30 days then a judge may be called in to determine a winner based on how the fight has progressed up to this point. Both participants must request this of the judge in person (I.E. Both fighters MUST send a PM for this option.] If this is chosen, then the judge may declare a  winner based on these criteria:

•Who effectively manipulated the flow of the battle the best? The strategy employed (based on the posts) may have been defensive and attrition-based, but was it effective in the long run in wearing down the opponent?

•What caused the stalemate? The challenger being unable to defeat the challenged, or vice versa? Is it constant cancellation of jutsu and techniques by both sides, or merely one side taking refuge in a relatively inaccessible area (such as pocket dimension) in order to avoid defeat entirely?

•Who showed the greatest skill in the fight? This is completely and utterly at the discretion of the judge. His(her) decision is final on the matter, regardless of accusations of cheating or bribery or otherwise. This should be kept in mind when deciding on a judge for the fight.

If neither side can be conclusively declared the winner, then the fight either proceeds or a draw is declared. In the case of a draw, the challenger may rejoin the queue of challengers after the latest challenger without having to wait for cooldown (this circumvention for the benefit of the challenger for not technically being declared the loser, though by not succeeding the host can be considered a winner in this situation). Note, this is a technical victory for the host, so unless the challenger truly believes that a restart is necessary to increase victory chances, then it is not recommended to settle for a draw without reviewing this process a second time.

-Prefers SL forum, as it is most useful for fights where long periods of time may pass between postings, serves as a record of the fight's progress for other challengers, and for that damned time-out option.

-Must post at least once (1) a week. Though if a pattern of postings persists (I.E. If either player stretches their posting to the full week, each and every post without prior notification to the other), then the challenge will be voided. The cooldown will be initiated to challenger (if challenger is problem) and the host will be stripped (if host's activity is problem).

-Decided judge will remain judge throughout. No boots.

-Reposts are allowed, within reason. (I.E. If either participant has to repeatedly repost, the match will be concluded. See inactivity clause.) Reposts are only to fix the issue brought up by the judge. Modifying the entire post to save yourself or completely change up strategy is an automatic disqualification from the match. (See inactive clause for consequences.) Edits are NOT allowed. An edited post is an automatic disqualifaction. A brand new "Reply" must be made so there is a full history of the entire fight for judge and other readers.

-Can only use skills that are known IC at the official start of the match. No borrowing from others. No immediate power ups within the match.

-Discussion of non-allowed techniques will vary by challenger and discussed via PM, only.

-Inflammatory, racial, harassing, or abusive language aimed at each other either in the match or in PM will result in an immediate void of the challenge. If challenger, (s)he loses all rights to ever challenge the current jinchūriki. If host, he loses the match and bijū given to the challenger.

-In the event that a host is defeated, the new host has the cooldown challenge period timeframe to either accept the special regulations for the tailed beast or completely re-write or alter the special rules. If they do not post their own variant by the beginning of the next challenge, then it is to be assumed that they comply with the previous special regulations.

-If host defeated, allow host to finish up any roleplay that may involve having the beast. Then a reasonable RP will be concluded as to how the beast transferred hands.

-All measurement units to be used in U.S. Customary Units. (I.E. No meters, grams, etc. Use feet, pounds, Fahrenheit, etc.)

Any questions, PM me please.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:41:20 AM by Dart »

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:13:24 AM »

inchūriki: Kimura Isaribi

Affiliation: Kirigakure

Preferred Method(s): OOC 1v1 ; IC 1v1 hunt

Preferred Zone: Wetlands. Also Kirigakure. Also dwellings with specified terrains.

Preferred Judges: GMs, particularly Kamui, Zimzamboo/Levi, or Rinoa; exceptions apply

Preferred Outlet: SL PMs, SL RP boards

Challenger List: Batou

Special rules
-First, talk to me like a normal human being. I reserve the right to alter any of my preferences above or add to/change/omit any of my rules below on a case-by-case basis.

-The match is to be 1v1 unless otherwise specified.

-In OOC, victory for the challenger is constituted by the non-fatal incapacitation of the jinchuuriki. i.e. Killing me OOC will not constitute a victory for the challenger. This is because, OOC, it doesn't make sense for the Bijuu to roam, whereas if you kill me and claim the bijuu, it doesn't make sense with the canon.

-Skills, knowledge, or anything otherwise perceived or acquired during an OOC match are not carried over to IC. Similarly, knowledge of participants' abilities do NOT carry over to IC RP.

-If you are inactive in the fight for more than seven days (seven days from the timestamp of my last post will be how I judge this; if there are multiple combatants, it will be by the timestamp of the combatant just before you) I will drop you from the fight. If there are multiple combatants, you will be dropped and your comrades will continue without you; if 1v1, the fight will end in your loss, and I will be more than willing to resume if given a reason for the absence within two weeks, and will accept a new challenge from you if beyond this two week period (unless it is clear that you were absent in order to begin a new fight; i.e. you were clearly losing according to the judge.)

-Likewise, if a pattern begins where you are taking six days and then posting, or other long periods of time, I'll also drop you from the fight.

-I reserve the right to a fourteen day period; I won't use it in active fights, for I will be posting daily if able, but in the event something happens I reserve the right to such.

-In the event of a stalemate, i.e. the battle has progressed smoothly for a 30 day period and a clear end is not within sight, the challenger will rejoin the challenge list and a new fight will be scheduled as if I had fled the battle.

-Does not prefer the forum. I don't like using the thing. If you request it, I may choose to oblige.

-Decided judge will remain judge throughout. No boots. Sometimes multiple judges will be asked for; I'll start with one, and if more are needed, then we'll recruit more.

-If I, a judge, or the challenger sees an issue with the post, the issue is able to be redone so as to fix the issue, but not to fix the intent of the post. i.e. Reposts are only to fix the issue brought up; modifying the entire post to save yourself or completely change up strategy is an automatic disqualification from the match.

-If on the forum, edits are NOT allowed. An edited post is an automatic disqualifaction. A brand new "Reply" must be made so there is a full history of the entire fight for judge and other readers.

-Can only use skills that are known IC at the official start of the match. No borrowing from others. No immediate power ups within the match.

-Discussion of non-allowed techniques will vary by challenger and discussed via PM, only. Common techniques I'll be against are Jikukan (Hiraishin no Jutsu, Kamui, etc), Swift Release, Instant Healing, the New Rikudou techs, Yin or Yang Release, and Bijuu Controlling Techniques--we can talk about these if there are questions, and if done well I am willing to budge. I am also usually against fighting an Edo Tensei simply because I think the concept is dumb and overdone on SL, but we can talk about that.

-Inflammatory, racial, harassing, or abusive language aimed at each other either in the match or in PM will result in an immediate void of the challenge. If challenger and persistent, (s)he loses all rights to ever challenge the current jinchūriki. If its me, talk to me about it rationally.

-Concerning the rule above. If someone tries to challenge me and, before the fight even starts they are being abusive... Consider that a viable reason to not fight you. Proof you are being abusive will be on me.

-In the event that a host is defeated, the new host has the cooldown challenge period timeframe to either accept the special regulations for the tailed beast or completely re-write or alter the special rules. If they do not post their own variant by the beginning of the next challenge, then it is to be assumed that they comply with the previous special regulations.

-If host defeated, allow host to finish up any roleplay that may involve having the beast. Then a reasonable RP will be concluded as to how the beast transferred hands.

-All measurement units to be used in U.S. Customary Units. (I.E. No meters, grams, etc. Use feet, pounds, Fahrenheit, etc.)

-Know your own limits, guys.

• Don't come at me thinking you have as much chakra as I do unless there is a REALLY GOOD reason that you do.
  • Also, realize that brain cells begin to die after one minute without oxygen (you also lose consciousness after about a minute), brain damage occurs after three minutes, serious (unlikely to ever recover; also death) brain damage occurs after ten minutes, and after fifteen you are almost certainly dead.
    • You were more likely than not unconscious after the first minute.
    • You use more oxygen when you are moving; a human can't swim, run, fight for more than a minute without a way to breath.

-Know my limits.

• I'm a jinchuuriki. I have a lot of chakra.
  • I have gills.

#ThoseLastTwoPointsAddressMyBiggestPetPeeves
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:58:23 PM by Isaribi »
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »

[Format stolen from Dart/Dāto]

Jinchūriki: Kamui

Affiliation: Konohagakure no Sato

Preferred Method: OOC 1v1/2v1 or IC 1v1

Preferred Zone: Plains

Preferred Judges: PM for details regarding the selection of a judge (I have no preferred judge and want to come to a choice on equal terms with the challenger)

Preferred Outlet: SL Forum

Special rules

-The match is to be 1v1, if the preferred method was agreed to be IC. Otherwise a partner can be used in place of an OOC match.

-Victory for the challenger is the defeat of the host through any means necessary, and vice versa. Death in the fight does NOT equate to death IC, unless such a term was agreed upon.

-Skills acquired during an OOC match are not carried over IC. Similarly, knowledge of participants' abilities do NOT carry over to IC RP.

-If, by some chance, the match should reach a point of true stalemate after a minimum of 30 days then a judge may be called in to determine a winner based on how the fight has progressed up to this point. Both participants must request this of the judge in person (I.E. Both fighters MUST send a PM for this option.] If this is chosen, then the judge may declare a  winner based on these criteria:

•Who effectively manipulated the flow of the battle the best? The strategy employed (based on the posts) may have been defensive and attrition-based, but was it effective in the long run in wearing down the opponent?

•What caused the stalemate? The challenger being unable to defeat the challenged, or vice versa? Is it constant cancellation of jutsu and techniques by both sides, or merely one side taking refuge in a relatively inaccessible area (such as pocket dimension) in order to avoid defeat entirely?

•Who showed the greatest skill in the fight? This is completely and utterly at the discretion of the judge. His(her) decision is final on the matter, regardless of accusations of cheating or bribery or otherwise. This should be kept in mind when deciding on a judge for the fight.

If neither side can be conclusively declared the winner, then the fight either proceeds or a draw is declared. In the case of a draw, the challenger may rejoin the queue of challengers after the latest challenger without having to wait for cool-down (this circumvention for the benefit of the challenger for not technically being declared the loser, though by not succeeding the host can be considered a winner in this situation). Note, this is a technical victory for the host, so unless the challenger truly believes that a restart is necessary to increase victory chances, then it is not recommended to settle for a draw without reviewing this process a second time.

-Prefers SL forum, as it is most useful for fights where long periods of time may pass between postings, serves as a record of the fight's progress for other challengers, and for that damned time-out option.

-Must post at least once (1) a week. Though if a pattern of postings persists (I.E. If either player stretches their posting to the full week, each and every post without prior notification to the other), then the challenge will be voided. The cool-down will be initiated to challenger (if challenger is problem) and the host will be stripped (if host's activity is problem).

-Decided judge will remain judge throughout. No boots.

-Re-posts are allowed, within reason. (I.E. If either participant has to repeatedly re-post, the match will be concluded. See inactivity clause.) Re-posts are only to fix the issue brought up by the judge. Modifying the entire post to save yourself or completely change up strategy is an automatic disqualification from the match. (See inactive clause for consequences.) Edits are NOT allowed. An edited post is an automatic disqualification. A brand new "Reply" must be made so there is a full history of the entire fight for judge and other readers.

-Discussion of non-allowed techniques will vary by challenger and discussed via PM, only.

-Inflammatory, racial, harassing, or abusive language aimed at each other either in the match or in PM will result in an immediate void of the challenge. If challenger, (s)he loses all rights to ever challenge the current jinchūriki. If host, he loses the match and bijū given to the challenger.

-In the event that a host is defeated, the new host has the cool-down challenge period time-frame to either accept the special regulations for the tailed beast or completely re-write or alter the special rules. If they do not post their own variant by the beginning of the next challenge, then it is to be assumed that they comply with the previous special regulations.

Any questions, PM me please.

(Mostly) Non-Negotiable Voids

* Swift Release
* Claims of immunity to Ototon
* Liquefying Super Senjutsu Ototon
* Demon empowerment, vampirism, etc. Pretty much anything that doesn't make sense in the Naruto lore
* Borrowing resets when you already have resets
* Any of the recent Rikudou powered abilities
* Claiming to use an "undodgable/unavoidable/unblockable" attack
* Just happening to have "a seal" that eliminates one or more of your weaknesses
* Non Zetsu Mayfly

**All of this is subject to any change at a later date**

Challenge List (Currently in grace period, ending on 4/27/2015)
- Hazama/Athos
- Yujo
- Madara Uchiha Vale (Declared Winner)
- Rūsaku Uzumaki Omeno

Challenge List after a fortnight of rest (This list only starts after the previous list is done)

- Trev
- Zenaku
- Sabumaru
- Masane
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:24:57 PM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Challenge Preferences and Challenge listings (Old)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:21:42 AM »

If I missed or outright misplaced a preference, let me know and I'll get on fixing that. I realized the moment I started this that the list of current jinchs was not up to date here on the forum, so I'll have to fix that fairly soon as well.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »

The one on the wikia is up to date! ;o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 04:57:59 PM »

If you split the post from the thread, and just send it to the bijuu arena board, then lock that topic thread you just split out, you do not have people replying to them.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.