Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Trek to the East [Setup]  (Read 7797 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Trek to the East [Setup]
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »

So I've talked to a few people about doing several rps that explore the world of Naruto. The first expedition that I wanted to embark on was to travel to the East.

Please note that these rp locations will be based on these maps:

http://img10.deviantart.net/0f0c/i/2010/326/6/b/focomarus_naruto_rol_world_map_by_focomaru-d33d81p.jpg

http://img13.deviantart.net/0069/i/2013/059/d/1/naruto_world_map__extended__english_version_by_xpierrex-d5wir55.png

There were a few ideas of what to do there that I tossed around with Yujo, Keito, Athos, etc. With that being said I haven't gone past the idea phase with these. So this topic will serve as a planning phase. Please note this rp (and any others added on) will be IC for the sake of fun. No killing, arguing, or anything of the sort. Enemies we face will be NPCs and there will be no player vs player at all.

I'd like to limit this rp to an allotted number of people for obvious reasons. With of course those mentioned above getting first 'dibs'. I was thinking at max a group of 10 with an ideal number of 5 or so.

Those mentioned post your ideas and those who'd like to join do the same. :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:03:09 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Trek to the East [Setup]
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 12:08:30 AM »

Obviously I will be attending. I'd like to be the first person to hold a map on SL xD
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 12:14:16 AM »

Obviously I would, too >.> I love the idea behind it.

Honestly, I ain't got many ideas <<; I mean, like, the rest of the world will have chakra, too, right? o.o

Because if not, oh man, that'd be fun << End up finding America and shit xDDD
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 12:19:31 AM »

The East continent isn't going to have chakra or at least that's what I'd like to rp. It'd be uncivilized and parts of the East will be filled with monstrous creatures, unknown entities, and bands of marauding thieves. Though I'd like there to be one spot of high technology in the midst of all this just for lore.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:23:02 AM »

The East continent isn't going to have chakra or at least that's what I'd like to rp. It'd be uncivilized and parts of the East will be filled with monstrous creatures, unknown entities, and bands of marauding thieves. Though I'd like there to be one spot of high technology in the midst of all this just for lore.

That sounds even more awesome >_>

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:39:05 AM »

You could even have something like the stones of Gelel show up. I realize they were movie filler, but it would be an interesting thing to run across.

Though I would also like to participate in this if at all possible.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »

You could even have something like the stones of Gelel show up. I realize they were movie filler, but it would be an interesting thing to run across.

Though I would also like to participate in this if at all possible.

We could do something where instead of regular chakra like us, They use stones like the stone of Gelel to do things like Ninjutsu, but that's just a rough draft idea.

I'd like to get in on this too, I think if we explored this one it'd be better,

That map just looks better to me, but i'm down to trek.

If we run into monsters and stuff over there it fits with the members of the Hunters Guild coming along :3

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:07 AM »

I Would like to throw in on this as well. With Kayenta. A good medic is a must.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 01:42:02 AM »

I Would like to throw in on this as well. With Kayenta. A good medic is a must.

This is very true! o:

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:49:51 AM »

Maybe the stones can be some kind of sacred items guarded in temples and the likes. :P Don't want them to be too common if they're put in. My thought was that stone of Gelel was on a Southern continent not an East, North or West one.

Also we'd need to name this area. The continent as a whole that is.

Until tomorrow I'll be absent from the forum. :P

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 01:55:53 AM »

Kayenta and I are actually doing an RP now that involves sailing East. I haven't thought up much of it, but my buddy Jon (Teostra) said that he had lots of RPs that involved going to the East. Apparently he and some other guy from way back when use to RP as sailors in a way and brought things like devil fruits to the main land. But he told me that a lot of people don't like venturing beyond the borders because it isn't written in stone what's over there.
But it would be cool to expand upon cultures and whatnot, making a little more sense where the items in my collection on the wiki came from.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »

We could do some full metal alchemist like stuff where the people on that continent need transmutation circle like things to use chakra or something, and then the stones are sacred super-chargers to their abilities.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 02:02:45 AM »

Instead of Kata, they use transmutation circles! xD That's awesome. The stones of Gelel would work as Philosopher stones too!

Gah that would be cool. Though, something like that is up to shadow.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 02:05:07 AM »

The thing that is cool with new lands, and to the west of Suna we have already established the Shadowlands...ripped off from Legend of the Five Rings, an oriental campaign setting...

anyway, the cool thing is that you can run into many divers cultures that are as large or small as you wish to create. While some might do transmutation, others may be very science based, others steeped in superstitions or mystic rituals, while others are something else altogether.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 02:19:17 AM »

Personally, I don't think it should be up to any one of us to basically put rules upon these nations. Or a rule that the whole continent needs to apply to. It should be based on the individuals who visit those areas that determine what will be at that area.
For example, let's say I go to the Land of Tomatoes. I decide that the people here are all 8 feet tall and use jutsu by throwing special chakra-infused tomato bombs. The community cries out in protest of this, even though no one might ever go to the land of tomatoes other than me, because it doesn't follow the rules that they put into place where everyone can only fire jutsu from super-soakers.
So no one rule should be placed on all of the world, I feel.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:19:38 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 19 queries.