Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Trek to the East [Setup]  (Read 7794 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Trek to the East [Setup]
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 01:29:34 PM »

It'd benefit SL to decide on an expanded map to use and connect rp to certain areas. That way people won't end up stepping over someone elses rp. The one I linked that Ichirou linked an even bigger version of it to is easy on the eyes and looks nice. However the simple one I added in the topic starting post I like the best due to the mass expansion of land it adds not only to the East, but to the South as well.

Luckily for me I happen to love FMA (BH and original) and can connect dots easily. :P

For those who have watched FMA: (If you haven't I suggest you drop whatever you're doing and binge watch it.)

Naruto is the Amestris of FMA.
This new land we're exploring is Xing.

I'd like the vast majority of "Xing" to be illiterate without any kind of transformation of energy. That being said I did want a place in the middle of this area of nothingness to have advanced technology. (Think Skyrim with Dwemer cities)

From there we could incorporate stones of Gelel into the rp which are scattered throughout this advanced land under the ground and high above.

All other places of "Xing" will use little to no energy transformation and rumors and legends and so on of this technological place will be widely known.

Overall the rp I have viewed in my mind is:

Traveling by boat/ship over to this new continent. RP done during this period:
Pirate adventures, battling sea monsters, and and underwater city of sorts.

Once on land:
Learning of the continent, battling monsters/entities and groups of bad guys.

Hearing rumors/legends of the advanced city and traveling there.
Battling robots, puzzles, and looking for the sacred Stones of Gelel.

And that's where I'm at so far. Would of course need names and a whole bunch of stuff detailed, but that could come as we go.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 03:28:26 PM »

That's pretty funny.

Since about 2008-2009; Warren and I[Kayenta Moenkopi, et al], and over the years, CJoftheDesert, Mariko, InuHanyou, Daichi, Sharakkar, Sunauto, RaijintheLightening, Rinoa, Valdex, Chusaki, Shiro, Inu, Moonfire Silver, Kite, Yomi, Xiawarst, Gitsune, Becquerel, Hiro Toranaga, Hobby Gobby, LonewarrioroftheAbyss, Kage, Murcielago, Rin, Gin, Lord Ethaniel, and a whole host of people during the recent Sungakure and Konoha events, have been rping with and around the concept of an Ancient Civilization known as the Al-Kahtar.

These ancient people covered the known SL universe as did their hereditary enemies, the Brotherless Ones[what they called themselves is still undiscovered], inhabiting places since discovered such as the Illac Rennin[the desert temple oasis], the Suna Fortress, Vis Uban[island research facility in the east Kumo/Kiri sea], ancient ruins beneath Suna where lies the great forge/foundry, and Rock Troll Cavern of Lightning Country, Kayenta's island home in the seas south of Ha-Ha Island, A pit of corruption in the Western Shadowlands, and the frozen fire of the Ice Fields in the north. Their technology thus far discovered, included air crafts, a portal system of transportation, Cuendillar/ Heartstone 'black steel' created with special ore and a Kekkei Tota-like blending of Earth, Wind, and Fire, Jaevon's hover board, body armor, potent intoxicating drink, Way Gates [another mode of travel less convenient that the portal system], and most notably the healing altar within Illac Rennin.  This altar is powered through 9 gemstones and over the years various missions completed by numerous people have uncovered these power stones that are scattered about the realm. 

The attack upon Suna was committed by one of The Brotherless Ones' restless spirit, Serean. Jeavon's possessed armor was discovered beneath the Hero's Monument in Konoha from which Khellendros the skeletal dragon awoke later on to terrorize Konoha. There is even the indication of a flying city and one sunk beneath the sea.

It is interesting how sometimes ideas people have can be very similar. The point being through of my lengthy post is, something like this expedition can lead to years of adventures and discoveries that can include just about anyone and anything.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

I'd like the vast majority of "Xing" to be illiterate without any kind of transformation of energy. That being said I did want a place in the middle of this area of nothingness to have advanced technology. (Think Skyrim with Dwemer cities)

Once again, you're basically making a decision for everyone and forcing your rules upon the entire continent. Honestly, even if you do decide to do that, I'm still going to do my own RP in eastern lands like I am doing right now. I'm sure Kay's going to keep doing her RP. And I'm sure everyone else is still going to do their RP as well.

The hardest thing about this is that a lot of people don't play together, meaning that multiple people might go to the 'Land of Cliffs' for example. But because those people never will play with each other, does it really matter what the 'rules' of the Land of Cliffs are? Jack will happily do his RP there, and Jill will happily do hers even though the two will never cross paths and likely never even know that the other has been there.

Everyone's got their own head-canon. Kay and Suna's got the Al-Kahtar. Teostra's got his own thing. Someone on the wiki right now is making a Naritoshi Clan and a new KG. Masane just got done adding Gorgons to the list of summoning animals. I just finished making a Synthetic Sage Mode. All that right there is everyone's different head-canons coming together to make one big game. But the thing is I don't think anyone's really imposing their head-canon (except for the Al-Kahtar thing, but even then it just has to do with RP events and doesn't force current Suna-goers to follow its rules) onto someone else. Which would be what you would be doing if you set these rules in place.

What's wrong with just doing your own thing and letting others do their own thing? The Eagle Empire's huge. Whose to say that everyone follows the same rules in it? Maybe I can RP where I find a village that only plays football while you have a village that only plays baseball. You know?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

Perhaps I am wrong, but I didn't look at this as defining a rule base of what these lands are to be for everyone to follow. I just figured this was an exploration/adventure/quest where we would find what we discover along the way. Certainly diversity is so much that another group who has, in the past or will in the future, ventured into these lands will have a different experience of discoveries and adventures.

however, if it is to strictly define everything...that would not be much fun and would kind of stamp out creativity of those who wish to draw upon things not included in this Trek to the East.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »

^Now that would be good, but from what I could infer from Shadow's posts, it seemed like he wanted a general rule to be placed over the whole land. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, and that could be a possibility though.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »

http://orig10.deviantart.net/5276/f/2011/036/7/7/772fc083d040b4972c3942184de76ab8-d34liwa.jpg

That's the FMA map. Xing is that huge place past the desert. (Obviously)

Now when I say I want this or that it does not include the whole continent. It only includes a country, village, empire or whatever label to want to put on it. I'm not going to step on other peoples RP. If I went to Suna and wanted to do something in the desert I would speak to Kayenta first cause that's her land of honey. Not mine. When I set up the Scorpion Pyramid I talked to her about the area somewhat and based on the huge simple map put it on the border of the desert countries. Near Sabaku.

In this Trek it's going to be a country or a few countries that I want this to span. Now safely I can say there's a country that hasn't been visited yet in the East since realistically we can add as much as we want to the SL world. This RP is meant to be fun and have fun. My ideals are not to encase the whole continent, but only a country at most.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 12:48:46 AM »

Oh, okay. See, I was getting confused by your writing lol I thought you wanted it to be law that the whole place followed the Stone/FMA/Etc rule. That's perfectly fine then. In the RP Kayenta, Hiro, and I are doing we're about to reach an island that I think would be part of this 'new world'. I'll probably end up making a wiki page about it when I have the energy to type up all that stuff.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 01:33:36 AM »

grins

Sabaku? or do you mean Selance, the sea port in the south? I forget. We really need to add that to the map.
this one...
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Sunagakure?file=Colorful_wind_places.JPG

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 01:37:59 AM »

No, I mean the island we're heading to lol

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 01:48:14 AM »

She was referring to me. :P

And it's on the made up green huge map.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 02:18:13 AM »

ah i see it now!
that confused me because you said you did things down in Selance as well.

that green map is actually the one i used to make the color one for the bit of Wind country that shows. Unfortunately that edge of wind is missing from my color map...i may have to expand it to include those areas. Is it in desert or Wind Country? It is still in Wind, right?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 06:07:37 AM »

A journey to a new world huh? Presumably we are talking about a continent or two here, so we can presume most of this area is likely uncharted. IC it would make sense that if you are sailing East, you are doing so for a reason. Looking for some fresh air or space? Looking for the mythical land where all the summons rest? Dunno, might wanna add something of that sort to it.

Those who have already travelled tot he East could probably give a good indication on how to get to the vast region; if the expedition interacts and/or includes one or two of them, that would probably give some direction instead of just random sailing. Since Shadow's land he expects to be wild and largely untamed, it would be unlikely that it will be well mapped out beyond the borders (since civilized states would want to avoid going in there all willy nilly, to avoid the crazies and their beasties) but that would still be a start.

Next, once you actually get there, you will want to consider what supplies you brought, how long it took to get there, how much you have left in supplies, etc. Cause aside from the civilized areas, an uncivilized area is not going to have markets where you can load up on supplies for cheap. They may speak a different tongue, have differing currencies, have different values and such. With no such thing as chakra, it is fairly likely their type of living is fairly similar to real-world cultures that may/may not exist anymore, giving easy sources of inspiration.

The technologically advanced city may leave clues to its existence scattered all about this terra incognito; ruins, writing, language, the myths, etc. as it may have all once been a vast Empire/Kingdom that the city had been the capital of. Some cataclysm may have brought the place to its knees, and would be a starting history for many of the disparate cultures (if they still recall them).

Finally, the primary city, accustomed to invaders and the likes, may be surprised to learn that their world has gotten larger since their hayday of ruling what they thought was the whole world, and may be intrigued in learning more. Or may desire to suppress this and have the newcomers become potting soil for the banana trees.

Sounds like an interesting bit nonetheless, I presume the zones will be the primary places where this RP will occur?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 06:15:29 AM »

That's where Kayenta, Koji, and my voyage are taking place. Zone 7. I've decided I'll tie it into something on the wiki, but it'll be a good place to possibly come back to. Bec would be a really good cartographer too considering his ability to have a bird's eye view. (I still don't think I've told anyone about how it works lol Or if I did, it was just one person)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 07:16:46 AM »

Hiro Toranaga is on the trip, not Koji.  :good:

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 12:54:54 PM »

@Kayenta, The pyramid is where all three country borders on the green map meet. Land of desert, land of sand, and land of wind. (Northeast of Sabaku) So technically it's in all 3.

@Eric, This rp I'm putting on the forums. For the type of detail I want it to have SL cannot provide such. (Pictures, formatted text alignment, font size, underline, etc)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.