Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hunter's Guild: Beast of Signet Pass  (Read 5999 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Hunter's Guild: Beast of Signet Pass
« on: August 14, 2015, 01:13:09 AM »

Palom, the newest clerk working for the Monster Hunter's Guild, riffled through the latest marks and picked out one that seemed to hold some certain urgency. It was from the Ikazuchi Order of monks at the Kaminari Den (Palace of Thunder) in Lightning Country. Lone shepherds who tended to the goat herds of the monastery were coming up missing. All signs pointed toward the awakening of the legendary beast known as the Terror of Signet Pass. It was rumored that the last dragon to inhabit the area had run the territorial beast off, and so the monks had permitted the goat herders to retake the lower grazing ground. Recently though, due to the carnage in the area of that beast's familiar pattern, these assumption had been ruled out.

She sent off the notices to each of the hunters that were at the top of the call up roster to receive their mission. In the mean time, she would tend to her clerical duties.

[posting order: GM, Athos, Ray, Keito, and Shinkiro.]

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Hunter's Guild: Beast of Signet Pass
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:14 AM »

Athos would've gotten his immediately, having actually been on another floor of the guild, working on a few things. So, he would come into room from an upper floor and out a door to the left of Palom. The man was a towering figure of six feet and seven inches, with crimson silk hair down to his ankles. It was, as usual, tied along in several places to make it one long, elegant ponytail. He wore a gray shirt on his upper body, as well as a pair of black pants but no shoes on his feet, even though they stayed clean.

His Tutumen, the items that allowed him to use his Steam Release without clunky armor, were strapped to his knee and right arm, he was in the middle of attaching the one onto his left elbow as he walked up to the desk,"Hey, you're the new girl. It's nice to meet you! But, you sent?" He asked with a grin on his lips once he got on his last piece of armor.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »

Ray would look down at his little device he had received after having decided to join this Monster Hunting Guild. He would go to the designated floor and see a man clad in armor and it made him feel a little self conscious since he only wore a hoodie and shorts, though his super saiyan 3 like hair would make up for some style points he hopes "This where the new monster mission at?"This was his first hunt so he was a little nervous, but he hoped to be able to keep up with the others on this mission.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 05:44:20 AM »

Keitō was clad in his more intense stylized battle armor, consisting of heavy steel paddings and durable, yet free moving bulky sweatsuit. Various straps were tied along his body and his waist were accompanied by several katanas on each side. Needless to say, at the sound of Monster Hunting, Keitō was more than prepared. Upon being notified that his hunt was on, the brute Uzumaki made his way over to Palom to get ready for some huntin'. Reaching the destination, his appearance would have been made due to the clinking metals that happened to stop once he stood before Ray, Athos and Palom respectively. Noticing his crew already he gave a flashy smile and pounded his chest in order to provide Athos with a peace sign, "Yo, yo, yo, what it doooo brotha!" he stated towards Athos as he was glad to have him alongside him. Turning his attention towards Palom alone, the mad-man spoke out, "Ask and ye shall recieve! What monstrosity are we going up against today?"

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:38:39 AM »

Rough idea of how I look, except hair is black. 

Shinkiro arrives at his destination, eye-balling the building’s exterior to make sure this was the place. Earlier one of his falcons dropped a letter addressed to him. The letter’s content stated he was needed for a monster hunt and to come as soon as possible.

He walks up to the door and gives it two hard knocks before opening. He steps inside, closing the door behind him. Inside the building, stands a black male, standing well-built at 5 feet, 10 inches, wearing a pair of shades over his eyes. His outfit is unique, wearing a Black Feather Jacket with a light black shirt with a hoodie attached and over his head. On both of his hands are fingerless gloves. The uniqueness continues as he’s wearing a black pair of pants with a white falcon logo on the left side. And to top it off, he’s wearing a pair of red sneakers. Shinkiro knew that the shoes didn’t match with the rest of his outfit but he didn’t care.

Shinkiro surveys the room, quickly noticing the woman, two men in armor and the guy with the long golden hair. He raises an eyebrow at the hair. “Interesting,” he thought.

“Kak!” The black falcon on his left shoulder cried out. Shinkiro takes a few steps forward as he pulls back his hoodie, revealing his black braids.   “He says hello,” as Shinkiro slightly tilts his head toward his falcon to confirm the audience who he meant. “His name is Tobias and my name is Shinkiro, but you can call me Shin. I’m here for the monster hunting. I hope this is the right place. ” All in a firm voice, but ends it with a grin. Tobias is a mix breed with a body length of 18 inches and wingspan of 46 inches; one can say he was genetically engineered to be best bird of prey…ever.

One cannot miss the large black bow in his right hand, similar to the Hoyt Gamemaster II. Shin has the matching black quiver (holds 20 arrows) over his back to boot.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:54:27 AM by Mei »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:37 AM »

Palom was quite pleased that the Hunters had arrived, she would simply nod her head at Athos's remark of her being new before saying, "That is correct sir, but I assure you, do not let my height and age mislead you. I am quite skilled in these matters, very organized." She had submitted a resume with all her qualifications upon it and then just shown up for work and taken over. She was certain he would find it lying on his desk under the blotter pad one day.

She would take sheets of paper out and walk around the room handing one to each of the men assembled. She was barely 4 feet tall but quite animated so that she made the rounds and was back behind her desk before she even finished speaking.

"As you can see here, the mission will take you up into the heights of the Kumogakure Mountain Range, up above the Lightning Plains. There you will head east to Signet Pass and have to traverse the deep crevasse to the floor of the canyon. The lair of the beast is near one of the grazing ground upon which the monks of the Ikazuchi Order of monks at the Kaminari Den (Palace of Thunder) in Lightning Country permit their goats to feed. This beast is said to be an hereditary enemy of dragons and will fight them off more often than not, rather than permit one to take up residence in its territory, so proceed with caution."

She would direct their attention to the papers each one held. "As you can see, the creature has a complement of 12 arms and legs, a tough armor hide, and is known to have a deadly bite and a constricting grip designed to squeeze the life out of you. Do proceed with caution and good hunting gentlemen!"

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 07:15:20 AM »

Athos watched the woman as she moved around quickly, taking the paper that was offered to him and looking at the picture of a beast, letting out a whistle one days to a pretty lady,"Man, would you look at that..." He muttered, golden hues taking in the details of the monster before he would nod to the woman. He'd bow his head in thanks at her last comment, as well as how well she presented it all.

The tall man would then turn towards his companions, moving to slide the picture into a small, pouch that was hidden on his waist, blending into his pants and easy to miss, before turning his attention to Shinkiro, bowing slightly to both him, and his bird friend,"It's a pleasure to meet you. You seem to be the only one here I don't know. My name is Athos, and I am one of the Guild Leaders for the Hunters Guild. This is Keito, and Ray." He gestured to both of them before he would continue with,"That is a far walk, so our best bet would probably be to fly, to conserve energy. I can summon a bird for us to use, if no one has a problem with that."

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 07:35:58 AM »

He was duly impressed by the young woman's contour and speed as she handed out the fliers once all hunters were gathered. He knew Keito and Athos from before, but would be pleasantly acquainted by the man named Shin and his genetically modified raptor."Boy this is some group, I hope I can get along with everyone."He looked over the monster once more before grinning and pulling out a demonic mask that was customized to be part gas mask on the bottom"This is gonna be fun." Notes his hair is black.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 07:51:23 AM »

The mad-man smiled and accepted the flyer as he over viewed the beast in question, briefly taking a few mental snaps of the paper before he tainted the sheet with a burst of fire from his finger tips, singing the material all together, "Yup, yup. We got this bad boy in the books!" he triumphantly stated. Making sure all his straps were tight and searching for any loose parts he tidied himself up and stood tall within the group, "Who need's summons when you are superman!" he exclaimed and raised a fist in the air. Through the exertion of Keijūgan no Jutsu, the Uzumaki slowly but surely began to lift off from the ground and started to levitate as he activated his technique that gave him the ability to literally fly on his own accord. He hovered above them as he awaited their own travel method.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »

Shinkiro smiles at the woman, realizing that Athos did not mention her name to him. He thanks the woman for the paper and stares at the picture of the creature that was on it for a few moments. “Mmm...seems like we got our work cut out for us,” he thought, before rolling up the paper and placing it inside his jacket. He would turn toward Athos as he speaks. “The pleasure is mine and I look forward to working you…all of you.” Shinkiro gives a slight nod to Keito and Ray. “Also, I have no problem with you summoning a ride for us. That would definitely save us some energy.” He then turns towards Ray. “We’ll get along as long as no one tries anything funny with Tobias. He doesn’t like strangers and I won’t be held accountable for a damage eye or two.” No joke, Shinkiro recently got into a heated argument not too long ago with a guy whose brother was pecked by Tobias, narrowly missing his eye and he would not like to go through that again.

Although he surprised by Keito’s levitation, Shinkiro wondered why couldn’t Keito wait until he was outside first. Anyways, he turns back to Athos. “So I assume we’ll talk battle strategy on the way there.” Shinkiro then steps aside to the right and gesture his left hand towards the door. “Lead us the way.”

Ray, sorry about the hair.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 04:06:15 PM »

Palom was tending to her paper work, having too noticed she was not included in the introductions. Little slipped by her, and things that did? Well, those had a way of being brushed under the rug through slight of hand and misdirection. Yes she was certainly going to enjoy being an administrative assistant. Looking up she blinked rather surprised by the presence of the hunters. Folding her arms across her rather flat chest she exclaims rather bluntly, "Are you still here? Goat ropers are out there being eaten, you know. If you are waiting for me to lead you all in prayer and call down the blessings of the Gods before embarking, you are seriously going to be disappointed." She shook her head bemused; what did they think this was, the locker room of a high school football team? She waved the back of her hands at them in a shooing motion after unfolding her arms to do so.

Meanwhile high above the lightning plains of Kumogakure, deep within the depths of Signet Pass, in the grazing lands of the Kaminari Den Monastery, yet another ill-fated goat herder impelled by financial desperation, moved his small herd into the lush field. Marybell, the herd mother of the goats had wandered off against the cliff faces to sulk. It seemed this new human didn't understand how the pecking order around here worked. She was the one who was supposed to be milked first each day while she ate her rasher of molasses soaked grains. This greenhorn had no sense of propriety and had milked her last. Well a well placed hind leg in the bucket at the last moment had certainly taught him a lesson! She was the one who always took the lead when climbing down the mountain passes, leaving the members of her clan to follow along respectfully to her rear. And yet this oaf didn't seem to understand how important her position within the herd was, and held her back to let that upstart Nubian with the curved nose take the lead. It was a wonder they hadn't all wandered over the ledge of the steep trail following her ill-placed footing. Shunning the red clover tops and succulent honeysuckle vines, the Queen Mother brooded out her utter contempt for the hoo-man.

Oddly enough, the Beast of Signet Pass had no pallet for goat, finding them stringy and tasting rather much how they smelled. Goat roper, however, was quite another matter. As the carbuncle of Marybell's existence was taking his lunch, the beast shot out of the cavern and swallowed him whole. There was barely a sound. Hardly a blade of grass was disturbed. Retracting back into its lair, the beast would slowly digest his morsel over time giving the lad a slow smothering death by acid. Marybell bleated out her alarm a little too late? Somehow it didn't sound all that displeased by the turn of events, as she gleefully gathered her charges, placing the Nubian at the rear, and led them all back up out of the pasture toward the sheds of home at the Monastery.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:18:41 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 01:27:10 AM »

At the way Keito acted, there was no way for Athos to keep in the small laugh that would leave his lips. But then, as Palom spoke, he would notice just how rude he had been. He'd gesture to her,"Ah, and that is the wonder Palom, newest secretary." He'd then give an apologetic smile before turning on his heels and moving out the door quickly. As they came outside, he'd move to bring his thumb to his teeth, biting down onto his skin and breaking it, to draw blood. Once a few steps from the building, he'd slam his hand down onto the ground to start to summoning process, a large cloud of smoke appearing.

In it's wake would be a large sparrow that Athos would be standing on. He'd turn to face his comrades and sit with his legs crossed beneath him, expecting the other two taking the Birdplane with him to hop on as well. If they did, once they were on and situated, they would take off quickly into the sky.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »

As Ray walked out the door following Athos and not at all surprised by Keito's flying having seen it before, he would chuckle and respond to Shin in kind."I too have a couple summons that will poke out an eye or gouge out your intestines if messed with wrongly."Having jumped onto the bird that Athos so kindly summoned, Ray would get nice and comfy, it would be a little while till they arrived, at least he thought. It's my fault for not stating Shin, it wasn't directly towards just you, but everyone in general.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

While floating he listened to the men, staring down this 'tobias' in the eyes and giving some sort of mental warning towards the creature. Once everyone seemed to be acquainted and leaving, the hovering Uzumaki followed behind them on his way out. Once outside, the mad-man took a deep breath of air, and retrieved a nicely rolled canna-cigar for his trip. Now that there were two flying creatures at play, Keitō took a step back and eyed the falcon the same way he did to Tobias. Awaiting for them to get settled, he raised himself into the air to be able to float above them all, "I ain't trustin dat ish" he commented, placing the blizz between his lips and and snapping his fingers to create a flame. He proceeded to light his canna-cigar and get a cherry going as he took fine rigorous puffs, awaiting for everyone to get settled in for flight.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2015, 03:33:16 AM »

Tobias felt the man, known as Keiko, stare at him but he pays the gentleman no mind. After all, why should he? It’s only natural for predators to not take serious of those viewed as potential prey. Of course, Shinkiro takes note of all of this happening. “Keito, please don’t give Tobias weird looks.” Shinkiro wonders if he needs to keep an eye on Keito, not for his falcon’s safety but for Keito’s. People always learn the hard way not to mess with Tobias. After Keito leaves, Shinkiro takes out a small pellet of bird food and feeds it to Tobias as a way to remind his companion to be good. “Para la misión.” (“For the mission” in Spanish)

“Nice meeting you Palom.” Shinkiro then waved the lovely secretary a farewell before heading outside, being the last member to leave the building. At this moment, he realizes this is the turning point in his life. Venturing towards the unknown without any idea of whether he will come back dead or alive, this was different than his job as a bounty hunter. He usually knows who is chasing, what they are capable of, where they were last seen, you know, the whole shebang. Heck, he could probably find out their favorite drink if it would help him catch the wanted. Of course, he does not let his thoughts show unless one of his teammates can read minds. He hopes not.

Standing outside, just a step beyond the door, Shinkiro takes a deep breath as Athos takes the necessary actions to summon our ride. Shinkiro does a quick reflection as his time as a bounty hunter. “Remember the 3 Bs and 3 Cs, Shin.”

Brains, Brawn and Bravado
Cleverness, Courage, Clear Thinking

“Kak!” As if Tobias sensed Shin’s worries, the magnificent bird of prey calls out as if to say, “Don’t stress Shin, you got this.”  Shinkiro can’t help but smile at his feathery companion. “You always seem know the exact words to say to calm me down.” His confidence returned to him, just as he sees Athos’s large sparrow appear. He walks up to the large bird and tilts his head upward towards Athos. “Sweet ride, does it come with a radio?” Shinkiro joked before jumping up lightly, landing gently upon the bird's back, beside Ray.

Taking a seat with his legs crossed, Shinkiro kept a few things in mind for what they hope to talk about later on as they travel airborne towards the beast’s general location.

After all, it was Benjamin Franklin who said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” And Shinkiro was not one to fail. Being a bounty hunter, Shinkiro always gets straight A's when it comes to preparation.

Mental Notebook - Things to talk about:
- Communication devices (if we get separated)
- Brief intro of each members capabilities.
- Use info to suggest ideas on strategy and formation of possible two-man teams

He briefly looks at Keito suddenly smoking a cigar and thought, “What an interesting character he is…”
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:46:39 AM by Mei »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.