Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Uchiha Massacre  (Read 2914 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Uchiha Massacre
« on: August 16, 2015, 03:50:14 AM »

So I've noticed mentions in many bios, on-site and off, about the Uchiha Massacre. You know, the one that had reduced the clan to just two living persons.

I think there should be a few things cleared up about this on SL's history map. As everyone should have noticed by now, our history does not coincide with the series' history. And in all my years of being here, I have not seen any sort of massacre happen. In fact, it's only been quite the opposite. There are Uchiha everywhere. If you've noticed, I even emphasized the point with every text option available that helps to emphasize that word alone, because if anything, the Uchiha have been breeding with any person they could possibly breed with. Perhaps in some ways that are foreign when compared to the usual ways of breeding.

I personally don't really acknowledge such an event occurring, and would just wave off any talk of any sort of event as delusional banter when it comes to RP. But I want to get some history of SL down somewhere, and maybe even a general listing of areas where SL's history diverges from the series'. So what's everyone else's view on the subject?

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Uchiha Massacre
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:53:00 AM »

I just kind of ignore people who mention the Uchiha Massacre x.x Just because I've been here since forever and never has there been a massacre related to the Uchiha.

People have come up with their own clans and then had them slaughtered and that's all fine and dandy...

But I know no such event has happened.. :o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 04:54:04 AM »

Why can't the Uchiha Massacre have happened? A massacre doesn't mean that they all died, but a lot of them could have died. Plus, a lot of people here who play this game don't care about the forums or the wiki pages. And you have to respect their decision to not care about the forum side of things, because they're as real as you or I. They're likely coming here thinking this game is based off the Naruto series and kind of picks up where it leaves off.
That's what I though when I first arrived. I had to look around and do my own research to find out that is not true. So if someone wants to mention the massacre, let them. Why not? It's not hurting you in any way. It shouldn't invalidate their RP and character's back-story, just like their stuff doesn't invalidate your RP and character's back-story.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 05:37:25 AM »

Why can't the Uchiha Massacre have happened? A massacre doesn't mean that they all died, but a lot of them could have died. Plus, a lot of people here who play this game don't care about the forums or the wiki pages. And you have to respect their decision to not care about the forum side of things, because they're as real as you or I. They're likely coming here thinking this game is based off the Naruto series and kind of picks up where it leaves off.
That's what I though when I first arrived. I had to look around and do my own research to find out that is not true. So if someone wants to mention the massacre, let them. Why not? It's not hurting you in any way. It shouldn't invalidate their RP and character's back-story, just like their stuff doesn't invalidate your RP and character's back-story.
That's like a child telling an old man that he's never done this and that, when the old man clearly went through and did all that.

Though this is why I would like to create some sort of extended history and short history bullets to differentiate SL and the series, which can also serve as a reference for newer people to become familiar with.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 06:34:46 AM »

What I'm saying is just let them do what they want to do. Sure, a history/timeline would be a nice thing. But does it really matter? People have their own histories and that should really be enough. An uchiha massacre could have happened to that character. For example, if they're an uchiha and say their parents got killed and they were the only survivor. That's subjectively a massacre.

But like I said, there's also those people who come here thinking the Naruto series is the rule here. Some people still reference Naruto characters. Because those characters have no merit here and technically don't exist at all, does it make them any less important? No, it shouldn't. It's a game and as long as they're happy playing it their way, why not let them play it their way? Telling people 'No' constantly or 'You are playing wrong' will just make them leave this place.

And even if a history is made, do you think the majority of people are going to read it? Probably not. Just probably a few people here on the forums, people who avoid the forums like the plague but still really are into RP, and maybe just some random people browsing the wiki who are bored. I've played with people who reference Oro, Hidan, Zabuza, etc...And I just acknowledge them and keep playing.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 12:28:34 PM »

Well a lot of series characters do exist on SL. But a lot of them have been established as such to have different roles in our universe. Like Orochimaru to us is just some NEET in Konoha that's always accused of doing dirty experimental things.

Yeah, people can go on their own tangent and history. But it'll help as a guide to get them more familiar with SL's history. I could easily name off a few people who have benefited from being taught the ropes of RP around here, instead of ostracizing and pointing fingers at them. What I'm asking for is for fingers that are not pointed at them, but instead fingers that help guide them along with some text and advice that can help them get along with lots more people. Because I can also just as easily name off people who would rather exclude others, than help them.

But when you try to say and describe the Uchiha Massacre, it's usually referring to the series one unless specified as being something completely different.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 01:06:23 PM »

I just go by same Rikudou Sennin origin story of beating juubi several hundred years ago, splitting it into the nine bijuu before death, spreading chakra to the world, but no endless reincarnations of his sons or anything cause that'd be just another claiming excuse for people to try make themselves unbeatable gods.

Everything else is up to people, like how Al-Kahtar predates even Kaguya's arrival, or the crapton of stuff that happened after that Kay has listed in her thread.

If people want to have had a massacre happen in their backstory, then let them ._. to put Bec's words blunter, one person having a pet peeve over something is no reason to try force it down everyone's throats.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »

Yeah, I understand all that. But in our little RP conglomerate, we do have some things established. Like the claims, Tailed Beasts and many other things. I don't find anything wrong or conflicting with Suna's history, so that's all cool with me.

I'm just saying that we should have some sort of historical documentation. Because as it is right now, anybody can say "lol no" to lots of historical things in SL that have either occurred as a backstory that predates SL characters, or to actual RPed events. The moon event for example, taking place for what I knew to be for a while. I didn't read the entire thing, but more rather heard from others and maybe skimmed through it. Though not everyone knows that this happened, and that could lead somebody to just up and say they're the king of the moon and just pull a whole Toneri with it. We actually have the wiki page for it that I'm hoping you could summarize into it the current territorial status.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Moon

Kinda delving away from the topic, but let's get back onto it.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 02:21:11 PM »

When I first came here the Uchiha massacre was acknowledged. But people had many means of explaining these things. Kotetsu, for example, was away from Konoha and survived. Others did as well, were missing nin and so on and so forth. But since that time breeding, mundane and otherwise, has certainly occurred over the 10 years of SL History. If you translate that into the 3 SL days / RL day, that turns out to be 30 years. Certainly all these people who descend from the survivors could have rebuilt their numbers in that time.

We have quite a few differences here and there, I do acknowledge we are not in the same timeline nor heritage of the manga, but the ability to suspend disbelief certainly survives among us all in a fantasy role-playing site. We had a rich heritage of vampires and demons that people have tried to stamp out through some pretty vocal objections and jeers but somehow those remnants have managed to survive. I think we really do not have to worry much about conflicting stories, somehow SL seems to have room for it all.

I still would like to have the time line thread receive submissions from people as they continue to recall past deeds and move on to complete new ones.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8363.0.html

While I understand the desire to have some unifying history to draw upon, I also think that we have managed to do this to some extent. Still, it would not hurt to have a history section on the wikia listing certain instance where we have a diversion from the manga history of our world. What is that called? Ah yes, our alternate reality universe . And then just go with the flow and be accommodating as possible.

Additionally, I would like to see the Timeline Thread, the one I edit as submissions are made to the discussion thread, be set as a sticky topic there.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8365.0.html

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 05:14:37 PM »

Do we have some kind of numbered year system we can go by? I know that not everybody ages at the same pace that SL years happen to go by. But hey, some people age better than others!

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »

Eh, maybe later, if Kay feels like giving me a hand with it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »

Didn't you hear Kage? The Uchiha Massacre DID happen. Then they came out with mangekyou in the series and they started breeding like rabbits.

Since then the Uchiha haven't looked back on that dark, dark time.  :twisted:

When it comes to that, I just roll with the flow, albeit, I haven't run into too many who reference the Event anymore to be honest.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »

The event happened in Konoha before SL times by NPC.

You guys do relies more people mentioned that event in the bio probably back when SL was young then we have active rpers today. There it holds true to being apart of SL history.

When we started worrying about making perfect logic like this is when SL started to drop. This game was so much better when there was no logic.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 07:12:38 PM »

"Just like the old days." I keep hearing from all the other veterans. Things have changed, more powers have popped up, and rules needed to be applied. If there was nothing of the sort, the rp would have declined so much more.

It was easier and more chill back when the Rinnegan and Edo Tensei wasn't brought up in the manga. 
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 08:12:50 PM »

I contradict myself as to SL time/aging, all the time. Moenkopi ages one year at a time. All my child accounts age 3:1 until they enter the academy. Then Time halts. Cause face it, being a toddler only is fun for a little while.

On THE timeline, the dates are when events occurred in RL time. I would be scared to try and fit that into SL time. I think if we did that Moenkopi would now have to be about 50-60 and Asadi about 60-70. But for age reference for those who wish to do so....each year really counts for 3 in SL time.

I never paid much attention to how the SL time and date, season, days of the week go. They are listed there each time you log in on the...uhm...village board? I do not know if that came with the LoTGD modules or was customized to suit the SL genre of the game.

RPs run at so many different paces. Some people can RP whole weeks in a few hours, while others are stuck on one day for months. but somehow it all works out in the end.

@Warren: I can help with that.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 16 queries.