Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Limbo: Border Jail  (Read 11806 times)

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
Limbo: Border Jail
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:20:54 AM »

I know as it is, the technique is pretty much voided by all. But I don't like voiding canon things if it can be nerfed to acceptable levels, which I believe this jutsu can.

I have a few ideas for weaknesses and advantages taken from the actual jutsu (and a mix of my own ideas) that could make it a useful jutsu while still not being too overpowered.

Advantages:
1. They cannot be sensed by normal means (Clones that virtually have constant Mujin Meisai)
2. They do not dispel like other clones as they are very durable (Doton: Domu durability)
3. The user can switch places with the clone(s) at any given time

Disadvantages:
1. They can be sensed via contact sensing, Sage Mode, or be seen with Rinnegan.
2. The clones can only use taijutsu
3. Only 1 or 2 at a time.
4. While active, the user cannot use any clone techniques
5. While split, so is your chakra, making it impossible to use high level techniques above B rank skills (kekkie genkai abilities, unless given a rank, are the exception) 
6. If the clone is killed or harmed, the user receives half the damage.

All opinions on this are welcome, if you think it can be improved or outright ban the jutsu still entirely.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Limbo: Border Jail
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 01:30:42 AM »

I know as it is, the technique is pretty much voided by all. But I don't like voiding canon things if it can be nerfed to acceptable levels, which I believe this jutsu can.

I have a few ideas for weaknesses and advantages taken from the actual jutsu (and a mix of my own ideas) that could make it a useful jutsu while still not being too overpowered.

Advantages:
1. They cannot be sensed by normal means (Clones that virtually have constant Mujin Meisai)
2. They do not dispel like other clones as they are very durable (Doton: Domu durability)
3. The user can switch places with the clone(s) at any given time

Disadvantages:
5. While split, so is your chakra, making it impossible to use high level techniques above B rank skills (kekkie genkai abilities, unless given a rank, are the exception) 

All opinions on this are welcome, if you think it can be improved or outright ban the jutsu still entirely.

I didn't even read what you said to say no.

>> Limbo is retarded and shouldn't be brought to SL, ever. Even if all it did was make a nice sandwich.

If you want a clone, make one <_< You don't need magical eyes to create an invisibl person.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:37:15 AM »

I think you'll have trouble getting this to go, but your rules seems "reasonable". Though I argue advantage #3 is too much to my liking.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 01:56:22 AM »

I would have to agree with Trev. If rule 3 is nerfed a bit, this could be acceptable in my RP.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 02:00:44 AM »

See Athos? Not everyone has to be a debby downer. Besides, maybe if you read it you'll like it.

So maybe amend rule 3 to a certain distance? Like only if the clone is 10 feet away?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 02:41:30 AM »

The problem with whatever distance you use, it doesn't matter because all you would have to do to get around that is just constantly write that the clone is within range. I find distance is likely one of the hardest things about this place, because we don't have any visual interpretation of distance here. It's easy to just say, "You were too far away." or "The clone was close enough to swap."

EDIT: I say just scrap rule 3 completely. It has the potential to be abused like the body replacement technique. And the durability of the clones also comes into question. What determines 'enough damage' to defeat it? It'd probably change based on the person using it. And in the series, couldn't they only be damaged by senjutsu? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. Even if they can't be seen, they should still be able to take damage. I think it's doable, but not in the way it works in the series. Basically it's just an invisible clone.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:47:18 AM by Becquerel »
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 02:48:26 AM »

In addition there's the deal with literal nonexistence lest you've the rinnegan or sage mode. One could think 'oh well everyone has those nowadays' so it'd be a weakness, but its not really the case. For great majority of the populace you could basically just stand there sipping tea while they are helplessly murdered by invisible beings.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 03:09:37 AM »

In addition there's the deal with literal nonexistence lest you've the rinnegan or sage mode. One could think 'oh well everyone has those nowadays' so it'd be a weakness, but its not really the case. For great majority of the populace you could basically just stand there sipping tea while they are helplessly murdered by invisible beings.

And even adding to this, for the people with Rinnegan and Sage Mode, those things have to be activated. Jimmy of the Rinnegan could have amazing eyes, sure, but if you throw an invisible creature at him while he is showering or on the shitter, he's as blind as anyone.
And Sage Mode takes time to build up. So while Limbo is instant, Sage Mode isn't.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 04:24:54 AM »

Athos isn't the only one who openly voids the use of Limbo. I myself have stated in the past when Limbo was brought up in the manga that I'll be voiding any usage of it in my presence.

And even adding to this, for the people with Rinnegan and Sage Mode, those things have to be activated. Jimmy of the Rinnegan could have amazing eyes, sure, but if you throw an invisible creature at him while he is showering or on the shitter, he's as blind as anyone.
And Sage Mode takes time to build up. So while Limbo is instant, Sage Mode isn't.

Like Athos said, "Limbo is instant, Sage Mode isn't." No one see an issue with that?
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 04:47:41 AM »

Only scrubs can't insta-Sage Mode, or prepare to jump into it. [/unnecessary criticism]

I'm sitting on the fence for this one, since it's not really as bad as Shadow Clones or Wood Clones. Sure they may be invisible and undetectable to most people, but at the same time, they're taijutsu-only.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 04:59:30 AM »

The immortal god Madara died by taijutsu.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:36 AM »

The immortal god Madara died by taijutsu.

The highest tier of Taijustu though.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 06:15:50 AM »

Amend rules 1 & 3.

Your amendment to rule 3 seems fair to me. Beq raises a good point, but I don't it too be much of an issue. Mostly cause if you're using to technique it's probably to kill and a serious rp (Big assumption by me I guess). So if one were to try the whole be ambiguous with the distance thing to abuse it, two things would likely happen.

1. A judge if called would likely call bs on you, and void said action.
2. Your opponent if clever enough and aware, could what I call "detail abuse" you which people on this game are fond of and say the clone is not near you.

So the amendment for 3 is fine by me.

I think you amend advantage one to also include other sensing methods such as the generic chakra sensing technique. Seems most people's issue is with the sensing, so you fix that and maybe, just maybe, you get the ok.

Though at a certain point you have to think, is nerfing it worth it? When nerfing a jutsu transforms it into a shell of its former self, and barely like the cannon technique you are trying to implement, it sometimes is better to leave it alone imo. In the words of Jud from Pet Sematary "Sometimes dead is better" (Bonus points for me since it's also an Edo Tensei Joke >.>)
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 08:16:24 AM »

Wouldn't the clones one hit kill anyone also since they were able to knock out a Tailed Beast?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 12:21:43 PM »

Disadvantages:

Reading some of the disadvantages, you might as well as just make regular clones. >.>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.