Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's make an SL religion  (Read 3682 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Let's make an SL religion
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »

First a nonsensical custom thing that voids all custom things, then a sentient susanoo herd that lasts forever because lol-senjutsu, now a sword that destroys everything by being even more super-indestructible-intangible-to-the-physical-form-and-unstoppable-spiritual-based-technique/attack/barrier/form/etc than they are.

What's next kage, you're just gonna drop being human altogether and claim to be an actual god?

Maybe he'll join Kumo to become the 7th.

Or he'll just stay the Rain God, much like Uetto is figuratively the Wood God and Eric the Shadow God.

Gaiz, many of us are just short of or are already gods in our own RP.  :shock:

So I've been thinking about way to add depth to our little SL universe lately. Religion came to mind right away and has been for awhile. There seems to be lack of them around, and why do jashinist get all the fun?

This idea as been floating through my mind for awhile, so why not try to implement a patron god/goddess for Otogakure?

My thought was to either use directly or indirectly the shinto deity of Inari Okami. Perhaps not directly as to not offend anyone of the Shinto religion.

Backstory:
Inari Okami (or deity to be named) long ago dwelt within what is now the Land of Sound or rice patties. The enchantments placed upon the land come from this deity and is a reason for Otogakure's great agriculture (playing off Inari being a kami of rice). People of the Sound keep making offerings and the deity keeps giving Oto it's bountiful harvest.

Inari is also known to take the forms of several species. Most prominently is the fox, which I shall not be using. However, it can also form the snake and dragon. The snake being tied to Otogakure via the manga, and dragon via sl rp of Shinro. This would help explain Otogakure's fascination with these creatures and deem them "holy". Perhaps I could swap the fox with wolves, since SL rp has had many wolves in Otogakure.

Enhancements:
I wanted to have some sort of player benefit like Jashin gives to his followers. Of course I didn't want it to be too strong of a thing like Jashin gives, just something to make it interesting. Some legends of Inari offer tales of a whip that can burn crops. So I was thinking followers of the religion get a whip that can produce fire chakra or something. I was looking to add some other power up, but am stumped as to what.

So I posted this here to get feedback and ideas from others, so this could be made a thing that could be implemented in Otogakure and give some religious diversity to the land.

Apologies to anyone of the Shinto faith if they find this offensive or inaccurate in anyway, not my intent.

Well, if we are going to be technical, Jashin neither in the series nor, to my knowledge in SL, actually gives the followers anything. They created the techniques and/or modifications to better suit their faiths, practical immortality very useful for the Ritual technique. I imagine a set of secret techniques would make more sense than actual enhancements from the deity.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »

Well apparently there is some sort of deity/deities in Naruto for there are all those shrines and monasteries and during the fight against Kaguya they actually wonder in awe who she is, some kind of God?

However I would postulate that what Eric means is that some of us are Gods in our own minds. :P

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 03:50:55 AM »

Well apparently there is some sort of deity/deities in Naruto for there are all those shrines and monasteries and during the fight against Kaguya they actually wonder in awe who she is, some kind of God?

However I would postulate that what Eric means is that some of us are Gods in our own minds. :P

You postulate correctly, but when it comes to RP, what is in our own minds and translated into roleplay is more powerful than even facts. Retcon is not just a canon thing ya know.  ;)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 04:52:32 AM »

First a nonsensical custom thing that voids all custom things, then a sentient susanoo herd that lasts forever because lol-senjutsu, now a sword that destroys everything by being even more super-indestructible-intangible-to-the-physical-form-and-unstoppable-spiritual-based-technique/attack/barrier/form/etc than they are.

What's next kage, you're just gonna drop being human altogether and claim to be an actual god?
Well my whole thing is that I'm just reincarnated as a human. I was doing this before Kishimoto made it cool. I was treading in this territory for years before it became cool too. Like, I didn't really get any complaints about what I claimed. It's all out there on the wiki, and nobody ever questioned it.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »

I have not read the entire wikia....
and am not the jutsu police anyway.
good nite all.
don't forget to leave out an offering to the great sand worm before bed time!

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »

We love you Raifudo.  :cool:
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 05:54:47 PM »

We love you Raifudo.  :cool:

I know you do. Which is why I grace you all with my godly presence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 05:51:22 AM »

Oto goddess sounds like a good idea. Most of our RP are ideas we put to 'life' really, so I say go with it! Then again, as mentioned I kinda already claimed dibs on the Death God/Shinigami practices belief, making it into my own thing. It has been quite the fun spinoff from Jashinism and nice to venture unexplored areas of the naruto-esque realm and create them myself. Had to make my own religious worship, Jashin didn't cut it.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.