Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Chuunin Exam 2015  (Read 15868 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Chuunin Exam 2015
« on: August 28, 2015, 12:44:13 AM »

I have received an inquiry concerning a Chuunin Exam event and have recruited Warren to assist in GMing such a thing should interest in participation warrant such activities. Hopefully participation will require us to recruit more GMs so think about participating in that manner as well.

What follows is a proposed outline. Please advertise this to all your clan members and have them either post to the the forum thread or pm Kayenta Moenkopi for inclusion. Perhaps you have a dusty alt that you want to use in the exam? Then by all means break them out and get them ready to be tested! If we get enough people to join in, this will then be a go. However, even just a handful of participants will warrant the event in the interest of seeing those individuals have opportunity to rank up their characters through public rp.

• Stage one retcons recommendation by his/her sensei as well as passing a written exam. Hence the hopeful has already met this requirement and is eligible to become a chuunin should they complete the exam.

• Stage two will be a stylized scavenger hunt to two of the five villages for item retrieval. This will be done individually with a GM to lead the rp in order to permit the individual to proceed through the exam without being hampered by the inactivity of others. Those who do not complete this phase will not pass the exam. RP lock will not occur.

• Stage three of the exam will be individual battle against another player character. This will proceed through elimination matches with one grande prize winner of distinction. However, those who go inactive will be replaced by a GM character controlling their end of the match and shall not pass the exam. Again, RP lock will not occur.
    All players who acquire both assigned items, and complete one match against an opponent
[not win, but complete] shall pass the exam and become Chuunin. The one player who winds up being the ultimate victor will have bragging rights and some as yet to be determined prize consisting of an RP item, a customized jutsu scroll, and perhaps some DP. In that event a fund raiser will be hosted to make this a prize worth striving toward.

Note toward village posting: Each of the two items for the scavenger hunt will be in a location outside the five main villages. Only the initial posts - one from the GM and one from the participant - will be placed in the main board before moving off to an agreed upon alternate location.

Look on this as an opportunity for participants to establish, through public rp, the events surrounding their rise to Chuunin and how that was achieved. It's also a great way to show the Lords of the realm, which ninja are worth hiring and to promote business for the ninja village.

Slated to occur over Winter Break in December 2015. Actual dates to be announced at a later time.

Note concerning powers: Since you are testing for Chuunin, we really don't want tons of OP-ness here. Thinking about one KG, no EMG, no May Fly, no Kamui, no sage mode/senjutsu/senninka...that sort of thing. So if your character has that, it is not usable during this test of skills. HOWEVER: just because your rank is not higher than chuunin does not mean you are weak, more than likely it only means you have not bothered to test for promotion within the ranks.

Characters Interested in Participation

• Uzumaki Naruko --> Bio: Reply #76, First Hunt GM = Fuyuko/Yomi
  • Sarutobi Ken --> Bio: Reply #67, First Hunt GM = Asadi --> resigned.
  • Hyūga Naramu
  • NarutoUzumaki --> Bio: Reply #79
  • Dandy --> Bio: Reply #75, First Hunt GM = Scar/Shadowfire Katrix/Kayenta complete, Second Hunt GM = Warren
  • Mirai
  • Zekrom
  • MaliciousWolf --> Bio: Reply #77, First Hunt GM = Warren completed

• Mikoy
  • Cyphrian Gavril
  • Mori Shiro
  • Raikon Kyte --> Bio: Reply #72, First Hunt GM = Bohr/Becquerel
  • 元老 Genrō Nara --> Bio: Reply #70, First Hunt GM = Bohr/Becquerel[zone 9]

• EchoUchiha
  • Rikiryou --> Bio: Reply #74, First Hunt GM = Zepora/Kayenta[Shinobi Kingdom]-->resigned.
  • Ichirou --> Bio: Reply #78, First Hunt GM = Iburi Ray

• Shinkiro --> Bio: Reply #68, First Hunt GM = Skye Ramius/Kite[zone 2]
  • Naomi
  • TezukaNatsuki --> Bio: Reply #80, First Hunt GM = Caim Hoerwick/Kite completed, Second Hunt GM = Warren completed, Battle GM = Warren completed --> prize awarded:

Kumogakure
  • Nova Stargazer --> Bio: Reply #71, First Hunt GM = Meijin/Keitō
  • Zayne  --> Bio: Post #81, First Hunt GM = Fuyuko/Yomi

• YukashiTracer
  • Sasuke
DP Donations=27,200
  • Becquerel - 5000
  • Fakiwan - 875
  • Koji - 500
  • Kite - 750
  • Genesis - 5000
  • Dāto Terumī - 975
  • Kayenta - 500
  • Mei - 1500
  • Uchiha Vale - 1000
  • NarutoUzumaki - 1000
  • Uzumaki 神 Keitō - 1000
  • Xiarawst - 2000
  • Akihiro - 3000
  • HokageNarutox - 2000
  • Sensō no Yomi - 1100
  • Hagoromo Gitsune - 1000
RP Item Donations
  • Sakuragakure - Summons Contract Ownership for Kongamato https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kongamato
  • Oogakari, Steel - Koton Steel Black Armour Jacket
  • Skye Ramius - Scroll of Borrowed Knowledge
  • Skye Ramius - Scroll of Sacrificed Knowledge
  • Skye Ramius - Lesser Scroll of Sacrificed Knowledge
Dispersal of Funds [more to come]
  • All participants who complete the exam shall receive 500 DP for a graduation present. This is the price of an Avatar.
  • The remaining 187,000 in DP will be divided between the top three winners of the stage 3 tourney.
  • The RP prizes will be handled like a blanket shoot, the champion of the stage 3 tourney will get first pick, then the next and so forth until all RP items are claimed.
Prize Awards
  • Dandy = 6800 DP --> Paid 6/26/16
  • 20,400 DP and all the RP items --> paid 12/1/16
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 06:58:58 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Chuunin Exam 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:54:52 AM »

I like the idea; believe me, I do.

My question is, how many people actually RP as a gennin anymore? It just seems like villages just rank up people based on general activity in the clan and on the village board, or upon request when entering the clan itself.

If there are a good number of people who can actually participate, then awesome. Sign me up as a GM even. Though I am a bit skeptical.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:14:13 AM »

I would like my alt, Shinkiro, to join this chuunin exam, mainly to build some RP history with him.

No one actually RP as a genin but some people really don't have ranks. Everyone has kage-level chakra, but majority of bios I have read don't include rank. >.>

For some people, rank is kinda 'meaningless'. For example, it would not make sense to have Mei enter the chuunin exam. A 8+ yr character with full resets, various abilities, etc. entering would not make sense. >.>

But for other characters that are relatively new and would like to build a RP history from the ground up, this would be a good chance for them to do that. It would be a start.

Plus, if you have an alt that would like to bring out, this is a chance for that as well.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 04:44:37 AM »

I'd be in favor for this.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 06:04:49 AM »

If anyone wants to hire someone to cause some "fireworks" at the event I am open for business.  8)
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

There are a few Genin in Kumogakure that may be interested in this. It sounds like a fantastic idea!
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »

I offer my assistance in being a proctor and a GM.

And, so long as everyone is on their best behavior, Kirigakure has a potential interest in being one of the nations required to visit for the treasure hunt.

There may also be a few of ours that want to take this test. I will ask around!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »

Will need to stress limitations on some things.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »

Such as what things?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »

Will need to stress limitations on some things.

Resets? Abilities? Places to travel? Outside assistance? Amount of time taken on turns? 

I imagine you might mean any limitations on anything needs to be stressed, since so many RPers from different backgrounds have the potential to be participating here.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 07:02:01 PM »

Probably the most that I am hearing from people through pms on SL is that it is a Chuunin Exam. So a limit on certain things. The most frequently mentioned restrictions have been things like Kamui and Mayfly. I think that can be discussed individually without coming up with a huge list of do's and don'ts before hand though. Since we have some interest in those who would like to help out, we should probably get to work and see if we can find some people who would like to take the exam.

I would like to put in one character, but haven't decided on who. Most are too old or too young. Probably Raikon Kyte of Suna, a little old but he certainly needs more experience than just tending the messenger/hunting birds of Suna. Besides, it kind of irks him that his little sister is already a special jounin!

Places to travel will be determined once the general outline of items to retrieve have been decided upon and most likely be randomly determined for reach participant. It would be hardly any fun for a Suna character to be seeking out items in their own country. We were thinking they could be within any of the five main countries. Six actually because Oto would not be excluded, of course. Hoshi is problematic and should be excluded due to the account's accessing ability for that board.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »

Could places like Ame be included? Granted, it's no village board, but the clan halls might could hold a few Exam visitors of sorts while they participate. Same for any other non-village-board village-clan that might would serve as an interesting outlet for this.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 11:17:52 PM »

I had not considered that, but I do not see why not. People who wanted to open their clans/lands up for RP of this sort sounds fine to me.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 01:01:25 AM »

In the Naruto OVA, "Chūnin Exam on Fire! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!" , Naruto was forbidden to use Sage Mode to make it more fair for other genins. I think we should implement this rule and expand upon it. (You can watch the OVA here)

No Sage Mode
No Rinnegan/Tenseigan
No Susanoo/Kamui
No ridiculous techniques like Mayfly and Hijutsu: Kirisame
No OP techniques like Dust Release

And keep the # of overall KGs at two. That's my opinion.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:02:34 AM by Mei »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 01:35:54 AM »

In the Naruto OVA, "Chūnin Exam on Fire! Naruto vs. Konohamaru!" , Naruto was forbidden to use Sage Mode to make it more fair for other genins. I think we should implement this rule and expand upon it. (You can watch the OVA here)

No Sage Mode
No Rinnegan/Tenseigan
No Susanoo/Kamui
No ridiculous techniques like Mayfly and Hijutsu: Kirisame
No OP techniques like Dust Release

And keep the # of overall KGs at two. That's my opinion.

I like the idea and concur with what Mei posted.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.