Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Strongest Shield?!  (Read 9512 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Strongest Shield?!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 09:45:44 PM »

I have spoken in length about the ridiculousness of how this ability is used with various users of it. Since Zojin first claimed it. Which would spawn other controversy on how the multitude of other users, 'learned' to make their bodies this durable, unless she explicitly taught them, which to my understanding, she didn't. (I'll try and contact her)

In my instances of combating this, it has been used in one of two ways:

"My strongest shield body is so tanky that I don't have to dodge this (Insert Op technique)"

Or, "Supplementing my already strong body with all of these other buffs makes me invulnerable to almost anything, so, hahahahah!"

The latter of the two being the most prominent. But the issue with even saying that it isn't fair, is that many of us do the same thing for one stat or the other.

For example the infamous: 5th Gate, Sage mode, Raiton No Yoroi speed.

Or, Minds eye, Sharingan, Sage mode sensing.

They are all ubiquitously used in some way, shape, or form. Now I know, a few of you are going to claim that you don't claim some OP combo that makes you better than someone at something, don't.

The issue with this technique stems with the people who don't exactly know what it does, what it doesn't do, and why.

So instead of arguing about it's form in the Naruto universe, let us lay down the guidelines of the SL form?

You make some good points.

At least the latter case makes it more 'reasonable'.

However, the differences between those OP combos and 'Strongest Shield' is just that, those are combos and as such, require preparation time to put into effect. There's no preparation time with 'Strongest Shield'.

You want tough durability? Use Doton: Domu.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Earth_Spear
At least that requires prep time with the hand-seals. >.>

And it's like Warren said. It's not invulnerable but people make it sound like it is.
And it kinda leads to your comment about people who don't exactly know what it does, what it doesn't do, and why.

No. My god. I mean, no, you're right, kind of, or something.

But no.

Adding new rules, making goddamn guidelines, that is NOT what SL is. Are we just going to make a guideline for everything that comes up? :/ It's everyone's solution!

"Oh, there is this once in a blue moon type thing going on right now, so let's make a whole move set, rules, and regulations for it!"

More edits have been made to already functioning guidelines over the past month and a half than almost EVER.

If Strongest Shield is getting a set of guidelines, we should start making guidelines on when and when you can't use Susanoo, or limitations to instantaneous Kamui.

Or how about we start regulating on how my breaths each person can take in a minute?

:/ Everything on this whole site is getting ridiculous. Ridiculously stupid.

Actually guidelines are put in place for things that are 'OP', not for things that are rare in occurrences.
FTG has only 2 ppl in Naruto that uses it.
Edo Tensei has only 3 ppl in Naruto using it.
Both of them have guidelines.

Susanoo is not as OP as it once was because we know a lot about it and its weaknesses are clearly viewed upon. Not sure about Perfect Body - Susanoo though.
Kamui, for the most point, you avoid it like Amaterasu, which is to get out of the user's range of vision. In addition, you also 'see' and/or 'sense' that coming anyway. And perhaps some people just void it. >.>
I mean, we can just void 'The Strongest Shield' if you want. >.>

In my personal own opinions i don't think people should be able to stack certain OP skills anyway. Same way with the Reborn system in SL Their is a reason why you can't have two different Eye Doujutus active.

I feel that using Sharingan And Sage mode is a bit much or sage mode and the mind's eye as you would think the sensory overload would drive you insane but that's on other's people RP style and i'm not about to pull the pin on that grenade.

The move should be more regulated or at least have some guidelines laid down, I tell people this all the time but this isn't Naruto... Yes it is based on it but we've changed and added so many things to it we've honestly sorta have just deviated from it. Yes, some of our things are relative to the show but they don't take it as far in the show you seem them maybe one or twice and that's it.

I've seen people use ice release to teleport others, or using nagato's rain technique to make it rain acid, or even using steel release to change body parts into spears.. the point is every technique we change sorta becomes it's new thing and if it's super sketchy on the show we really shouldn't just pop it in to SL and role with it in the first place. We should place reasonable limits on it so only 4 people can teach FTG OH NO WHATEVER WILL I DO WITH OUT THIS OP TECH!!! (Cries) better then the rest of SL teleporting everywhere they want. Moves and Skills are constantly adjusted for people's specific style of fighting.

For this Strongest shield?? First thing Can't you guys come up with a better name?
I mean seriously? Strongest Shield?  just wow... Secondly just make some rules based off it's effects. You can take a few C or B jutsu's okay fine.. if you use something to bolster the effect you can take a few A <.< Yes it's possible  (i'm sorry if you don't think so) Look at all the characters and their abilities that allowed them to.... THEY'RE BROKEN i mean look at kimmimaro... Enough said...

Slap a few guidelines on it or leave it to the users (who use it correctly) to make a wiki and correct it and change the description (and hopefully the name) and let's all get back to doing what we do and rping and making new things.

You also make some good points.

Actually there's no point in 'stacking' abilities such as Sharingan & Sage Mode or Mind's Eye & Sage Mode, because I feel like Sage Mode is the highest level of sensory than all of them imo.

Wait a minute?! People use Ice Release to teleport others? How does that even work? o.o
Nagato's rain tech into rain acid sounds fair but give it a different title though. >.>
Steel Release isn't even canon.

If you want to use an OP skill, make it less OP. >.>

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 09:47:36 PM »

I have spoken in length about the ridiculousness of how this ability is used with various users of it. Since Zojin first claimed it. Which would spawn other controversy on how the multitude of other users, 'learned' to make their bodies this durable, unless she explicitly taught them, which to my understanding, she didn't. (I'll try and contact her)

In my instances of combating this, it has been used in one of two ways:

"My strongest shield body is so tanky that I don't have to dodge this (Insert Op technique)"

Or, "Supplementing my already strong body with all of these other buffs makes me invulnerable to almost anything, so, hahahahah!"

The latter of the two being the most prominent. But the issue with even saying that it isn't fair, is that many of us do the same thing for one stat or the other.

For example the infamous: 5th Gate, Sage mode, Raiton No Yoroi speed.

Or, Minds eye, Sharingan, Sage mode sensing.

They are all ubiquitously used in some way, shape, or form. Now I know, a few of you are going to claim that you don't claim some OP combo that makes you better than someone at something, don't.

The issue with this technique stems with the people who don't exactly know what it does, what it doesn't do, and why.

So instead of arguing about it's form in the Naruto universe, let us lay down the guidelines of the SL form?

No. My god. I mean, no, you're right, kind of, or something.

But no.

Adding new rules, making goddamn guidelines, that is NOT what SL is. Are we just going to make a guideline for everything that comes up? :/ It's everyone's solution!

"Oh, there is this once in a blue moon type thing going on right now, so let's make a whole move set, rules, and regulations for it!"

More edits have been made to already functioning guidelines over the past month and a half than almost EVER.

If Strongest Shield is getting a set of guidelines, we should start making guidelines on when and when you can't use Susanoo, or limitations to instantaneous Kamui.

Or how about we start regulating on how my breaths each person can take in a minute?

:/ Everything on this whole site is getting ridiculous. Ridiculously stupid.

Look, all I did was offer an Idea, whether it was right or wrong is irrelevant.

The fact that people don't understand how it works, and it's limits is it's issue, all I am suggesting is that the users of the technique lay out what they believe it does, and how it's application into a site like this is not strictly godmod, and if what they say in fact is, then an issue will spawn and we deal with it again with now more information to argue for or against.

Yeah, yeah, I know. That wasn't directed at you directly or anything but I just don't think guidelines are the answer.

If people would prefer the current users of the technique write something up officially, sure. Whatever. That can be done. But I won't have the masses coming to pick it apart and say what is a no go and what isn't.

Because like the situation with Limbo, there's a limit to where it just becomes a hollowed out, pathetic version of what it originally was suppose to be.
And even so, we all function by the 'well, it's been in RP for (insert a large amount of time) and it's been like this for awhile. Some things are just like that.' But this is just ridiculous.

And to think it all started with just a friendly joke I made to Mei. And now, look at it, it's this. >_>

@Warren

But it's already been proven to be a false statement. As proven by the simple fact that they constantly talk about the man's durability without the lightning armor. That right there is a solid fact that proves that statement wrong.

And I don't know if it was posted or not, but could you post the link of the Third getting torn up? o.o I wanna see the page.

@Kay and Murci
When Mei brought up the topic, he listed all the things I said the Strongest Shield(C'mon, it's a cool name Murc) COULD do. Not the things I said I RP being able to do. Us users of the Strongest Shields may have slightly varying limits based on how we RP and what we say, but we don't actually go around claiming to tank Rasenshurikens and stuff. It's like a code of honor, more or less.

I've been defending the Strongest Shield to it's FULLEST ability, yes, but that doesn't mean that I'm sitting here walking through Rasenshurikens like a badass.

@Mei
Again >.> Like I told you countless times over the past few weeks when we've talked about fighting and even last night, we don't use it like it's god-mod. Which makes me wonder why you even made this topic xD
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:49:36 PM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »

Yeah, yeah, I know. That wasn't directed at you directly or anything but I just don't think guidelines are the answer.

If people would prefer the current users of the technique write something up officially, sure. Whatever. That can be done. But I won't have the masses coming to pick it apart and say what is a no go and what isn't.

Because like the situation with Limbo, there's a limit to where it just becomes a hollowed out, pathetic version of what it originally was suppose to be.
And even so, we all function by the 'well, it's been in RP for (insert a large amount of time) and it's been like this for awhile. Some things are just like that.' But this is just ridiculous.

And to think it all started with just a friendly joke I made to Mei. And now, look at it, it's this. >_>

@Warren

But it's already been proven to be a false statement. As proven by the simple fact that they constantly talk about the man's durability without the lightning armor. That right there is a solid fact that proves that statement wrong.

And I don't know if it was posted or not, but could you post the link of the Third getting torn up? o.o I wanna see the page.

@Kay and Murci
When Mei brought up the topic, he listed all the things I said the Strongest Shield(C'mon, it's a cool name Murc) COULD do. Not the things I said I RP being able to do. Us users of the Strongest Shields may have slightly varying limits based on how we RP and what we say, but we don't actually go around claiming to tank Rasenshurikens and stuff. It's like a code of honor, more or less.

I've been defending the Strongest Shield to it's FULLEST ability, yes, but that doesn't mean that I'm sitting here walking through Rasenshurikens like a badass.

@Mei
Again >.> Like I told you countless times over the past few weeks when we've talked about fighting and even last night, we don't use it like it's god-mod. Which makes me wonder why you even made this topic xD

Nah, I don't joke about things like that. And even if you don't use it like a god-mod doesnt mean other people won't. >.>

So what statement that Warren made was false? Because my previous post proved the statements he made. >.>

Actually I don't know how you even use the Strongest Shield. So perhaps I should have asked before I jumped the gun but then there's Riku's post. >.>

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:27 PM »

@Mei >.> Yeah, it happens have no idea how but people do it. People use sage mode and Sharingan so much together it's just wow.

@Athos - Make a page, describe its points so its available to anyone.. If they don't like it the way everyone has explained it well then that's on them but the people that find it reasonable will accept it and go by it. I make pages for almost everything just so people at least know what it does or doesn't do.

People on here fail to get the fact that if you don't like something about a person you don't have to RP with them.. Have a question ask said person It doesn't work for you? Then fine go away and RP somewhere else.  but to @Athos Dude... just make a wiki with the user's it's your technique back it up with your own words. Coolio? Though that name bro.... Just no... something more imaginative like i don't know Body of Srivatsa Technique or something. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:57:12 PM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 09:56:42 PM »

Yeah I don't get the 'false statement' part either. As for using, you don't really, you supposedly just have that durable skin/muscles naturally, or in SL's case I guess by that beyond questionable 'training'.

And I know its a gross dub, but around 0:45 to 1:50, big gaping gashes all over the body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJOpAsF_gFs

As for manga page, Mei posted it earlier already but here.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/552/16

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »

Yeah I don't get the 'false statement' part either. As for using, you don't really, you supposedly just have that durable skin/muscles naturally, or in SL's case I guess by that beyond questionable 'training'.

And I know its a gross dub, but around 0:45 to 1:50, big gaping gashes all over the body.

The training is as unbelievable as learning from talking toads how to gather the natural energy of the land around you O.o Or, to me, at least.

And thanks for that! I mean, the anime shows him just getting hit back by the attack with no damage.

But the Manga(which I stick to using) shows him getting cut. And it was by Temari and several others using a combo, no? o.o Even if not, on his wikia with the Physical Prowess, it says that he can take MOST Wind Jutsu. Not all. So, this proof just supports that;
A. It's not all that broken like people think.
B. Well, we can be injured. By wind. Which has the most cutting power, as far as elements go.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 10:07:37 PM »

The training is as unbelievable as learning from talking toads how to gather the natural energy of the land around you O.o Or, to me, at least.

And thanks for that! I mean, the anime shows him just getting hit back by the attack with no damage.

But the Manga(which I stick to using) shows him getting cut. And it was by Temari and several others using a combo, no? o.o Even if not, on his wikia with the Physical Prowess, it says that he can take MOST Wind Jutsu. Not all. So, this proof just supports that;
B. Well, we can be injured. By wind. Which has the most cutting power, as far as elements go.

I'll be the devils advocate here and ask, what would you do if you were hit with a B-S rank Fire technique. For example lets use, Gōka Mekkyaku as the example, a B rank tech. If the flames washed over anyone really, they'd be incinerated, but because of the strongest shield, would you claim to be any different?
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »

@Mei >.> Yeah, it happens have no idea how but people do it. People use sage mode and Sharingan so much together it's just wow.

@Athos - Make a page, describe its points so its available to anyone.. If they don't like it the way everyone has explained it well then that's on them but the people that find it reasonable will accept it and go by it. I make pages for almost everything just so people at least know what it does or doesn't do.

People on here fail to get the fact that if you don't like something about a person you don't have to RP with them.. Have a question ask said person It doesn't work for you? Then fine go away and RP somewhere else.  but to @Athos Dude... just make a wiki with the user's it's your technique back it up with your own words. Coolio? Though that name bro.... Just no... something more imaginative like i don't know Body of Srivatsa Technique or something.

I mean, the combo could happen because ppl always have Sharingan active. I'm just saying that people probably don't use the abilities together at all times. You know what I mean?

Also, that's what it is referred as though. '(The) Strongest Shield'. o.o

At least we see the process of how one gathers the natural energy.
I don't see no process on how to get 'Strongest Shield', do you? >.>

We now know it's not invulnerable but when you and I were talking about it, you made it seem like you can tank everything but rasenshuriken. >.>

I'll be the devils advocate here and ask, what would you do if you were hit with a B-S rank Fire technique. For example lets use, Gōka Mekkyaku as the example, a B rank tech. If the flames washed over anyone really, they'd be incinerated, but because of the strongest shield, would you claim to be any different?

Yeah, I want to see this answer. o.o

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »

I don't think you watched long enough then, cause it shows him clearly with big gaping gashes all over the body in the anime too. They just aren't bleeding due to obvious edo tensei nature.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 10:18:39 PM »

I don't understand how people talking about how tough his skin is means that he can withstand stuff outside the things it did while he enhanced his body with raiton.

His own tech, which was not a rasenshuriken, cut and scared him body for life.

That was one of my main points. Most of the feats that the 3rd Raikage did, he did them while he was in Lightning Chakra Mode. o.o

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »

Yes, I would o.o And I think you know that, Riku. The normal person suffers incineration, but someone with Strongest Shield would not die, no. Going by limits that we RP with, we being users of SS, we would not die, but we wouldn't walk out of it unharmed, either.
Sure, if it was a fuck-around RP and not a serious fight or something super-IC, I may shrug it off. But that's the point of being able to have fun xD The point of SL.

@Mei
So we're gonna do that thing where we say 'show us the RP' or nah? >>; It's training, something Zojin created, and something that is just used. Like Kay said, some things just are. If we really start looking at everything in detail, everything on this site, it stops being fun.

And yes >.> I did make it sound like that because TECHNICALLY, I could. But don't. I told you I barely end up ever even claiming to use SS just because xD

@Kay
Yeah but the move he used to stab himself, to this day(I think), still as the most piercing strength around. So saying that he used that to stab himself isn't saying much, even if we took out the lightning armor and super thick skin.

@Warren
I may not have >> I'm not a large fan of the anime. I saw the attack hit, watched for a few seconds, then stopped. So that one may have been on me.
But it only created gashes. If it was a normal person, that technique would have cut them to shreds. That is also my point >.>

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 10:26:05 PM »

Little off actually. While the stab in edo tensei form was indeed the hell stab or whatsit called, if memory serves the scar on his chest was from just a minor layer of raiton around his hand (not hell stab levels) and he fell over on top of it.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:15 PM »

Little off actually. While the stab in edo tensei form was indeed the hell stab or whatsit called, if memory serves the scar on his chest was from just a minor layer of raiton around his hand (not hell stab levels) and he fell over on top of it.

No, it was the one-finger hell stab. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/555/9

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »

You didn't go far enough, lol.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/555/16

That was a minor coat, not a gigantic finger spear.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:09 PM »

No, it was the one-finger hell stab. http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/555/9

I'm sorry, but the line, "With that one-finger thrust of his." is killing me xD I know it's childish to laugh at things as phallic as this, but come on.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.