Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Jinchuuriki, Their Beast, and Their Villages  (Read 6088 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Jinchuuriki, Their Beast, and Their Villages
« on: September 02, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »

I was reading over some of the things in the newest Kiri topic and it really made me want to talk with the masses about it.

People were bringing up how Bee was famous as the Eight Tails, or how Naruto was hated for having the Nine Tails. Well, I mean, the Nine Tails killed a bunch of people so the hate for Naruto was understandable... Not really, but still xD

But it also made me think about how much it was common knowledge, at least to Kage, of who had what beast. And the Kage surely weren't on anything close to friendly terms before the Shinobi Wars with Madara and such.

Or how all the villagers of said village knew who their Jincks were. Outsides may not have, but even the farmers and shop owners knew.

So it made me think... Relationships and common knowledge. How does all this work on SL? o.o

And even more so, how long does someone need to hold a beast before they become infamous(or just famous) for having it like Bee?

I dunno, I just thought it'd be cool to talk about o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Jinchuuriki, Their Beast, and Their Villages
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:11:44 PM »

Yes, even I can agree to that. Even our own rules here say that if the host is inactive it gets stripped and the Kage decides what to do with it. It's nice and simple, except for when it isn't.

See, for me and the Six Tails, there may be a point where I don't mind people claiming to know about a giant, extremely handsome, Jinchuuriki hosting the Slug known as Athos. Because OOC, everyone mostly knows the Six Tails to me is like the Three Tails to Yujo xD

But yeah, the OOC challenges really stop the Bijuu thing from picking up.

Or, you have people who have had beasts for awhile, Warren for example, who stay secluded and don't even have rules and settings up because he's so isolated. That isn't a jab, either o.o It's RP and nothing is wrong with it.

But then you have people like Eiko and Gitsune who just got their beasts, parade around their villages like normal people and then claim to still be a big secret. Secrets don't walk around. o.o Or, that's how it is to my knowledge.

And then you've got others like myself, Rusaku, Shadow. We RP anywhere, at any time, not really giving two-who-has. I've been to two or three villages with the Five Tails, and no one tried anything. And now with the Six Tails... Well, I have only been to Yuki but still xD

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »

I actually don't want to talk about this too much. After all, it's eating my playing time. x.x
But I want to put a correction that people were killed by 8 tails too. It's safe to say that all bijuu killed at least one person, directly or indirectly (because you have to remember that jink die after bijuu extraction). >.>

Actually what I find interesting is that I don't think any Jink mention what kind of seal was used in the sealing process or is that automatically written into the rules? Too lazy to check now. x.x

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »

Exactly what says.. Get ready for a read

The basis of what bijuu are for on SL are comparable to that of the trophy system on both xbox and playstation. Just to show off or brag and wave it around until someone wants the same things and thus fight over it.

Infamy in this game can't happen with the bijuu because as soon as someone get's it they become Ninja's and Hide somewhere and so Hardly any actually RP for their villages get done.

I mean people on here preach and swear by how much RP this generates but honestly i don't see any besides on here and most of it is honestly arguments.

The Relationship of villages towards their Bijuu is it's own subject.
 Killer Bee had his bijuu from a young age, fought in the war, and gained recognition in his village, thus chances are Yugito was more accepted then bee was in the beginning because the already had one wonderful Jin.
Naruto was the third Jin of the Kyuubi... But hardly anyone even knew about the first 2 having the kyubbi in the first place.... or who his parent's were. (they knew of them)
The Village got wrecked and shifted their blame on to him out of fear, and anger.

In SL Unless the host is already super Popular we can use i don't know.... Tommy
Let's say Tommy became a Jin he was hokage of the leaf... no one would have been scared or angry at him because he had already earned their trust and thus they knew him.  SO the villagers or NPC's would have no issue with it. Let's say a new owner pops up and they're going off the reactions and feelings of their previous one's well if they have only had one... Well they would have no fear because the last one was good and it worked out. Let's say Tommy was the only good one... They'd be scared and wish for another miracle.

Now let's say... I became a jin Or my character ( I wouldn't even think of touching that with a robot controlled with a remote.) I've helped both suna and oto.... but i'm gone 90% of the time.. and i'm never around.. I wouldn't be surprised if the villagers hated me or feared me or ratted me out, my character has made contributions but has never sought out the praise or limelight leaving the village wondering what i was or how dangerous i could be. The Shinobi (not NPC) would trust the jin or me in this example but even then unless they knew me themselves could only speculate.

The Bottom line is we just don't have the time or the rules available to let people build their characters up as Jin and make so much progress in the story of SL because everyone wants them (This doesn't apply to everyone) so if people are actually looking for the time and awesome RP that comes with a bijuu  >.> go make one and stick it in some kid cause no one here is gonna agree with a permanent transfer though god knows it would solve issues.

If you have disagreements with what I've posted feel free to correct me but please do so though in a polite way.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:24:48 PM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 10:24:26 PM »

I actually don't want to talk about this too much. After all, it's eating my playing time. x.x
But I want to put a correction that people were killed by 8 tails too. It's safe to say that all bijuu killed at least one person, directly or indirectly (because you have to remember that jink die after bijuu extraction). >.>

I'm also going to read over Murci's post then make an edit here, so keep an eye out for that

Actually what I find interesting is that I don't think any Jink mention what kind of seal was used in the sealing process or is that automatically written into the rules? Too lazy to check now. x.x

The seal depends on who does the sealing process o.o Like, back when I was Shinko and I had the Seven Tails, I had the Iron Seal.
But when I gave Keito the Six Tails, I did the whole ritual like with Naruto and the Eight Trigrams sealing. o:

But that sealing process is kept to Uzumaki Clan Leaders, usually. So, if they claim to have that, that's a no go xD But usually the seals are either custom, or the Iron Seal.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

I think that it depends on the Bijuu's personality. Like the volatile ones: Kyuubi, Hachibi, Yonbi would be hard to keep down like a load of...Bull...Crap. But there are the docile ones, and I will use the example of the Sanbi since it will make people snicker that, Yujo, talks about the sanbi xD They will hardly fight you for dominance, and stay secluded like a warren in the desert.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »

Funny thing that. Chances are I've actually gone significantly further and wider than any of you, even after I got the beast collection >> am traveling even right now.

Difference just is I know how to be sneaky about it, like a ninja should.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »

@Murci
I think you've got it right, for the most part. People are going to be afraid of someone they don't know, even if they are a part of their village, having so much power. But not if their Kage throws a beast inside of them! Because, well, the Kage is loved by all o.o Or, should be.

See, for me, and even for Riku, I know the beasts are more than just trophies. IC, Athos and Saiken are best friends. Saiken cares about Athos' well being, talks to him, tries to get him to stop being so quick to action. To me, Saiken is more than just a trophy. He IS a plot device for me.

I can't vouch for others and their beast, but me and the Six Tails are different. More than just trophies, or power sources. Hell, let's say the Six Tails didn't actually give me it's chakra or Bijuu chakra couldn't be called upon, right?
I'd still keep the Six Tails because of it's relationship and plot device. Hell, that's why I got the Six Tails back. The five just wasn't me and felt only like a trophy, I couldn't work him into my RP no matter how hard I tried x.x

@Warren
Boooo xD haven't you read the newest copy of the Ninja Handbook? Being a Ninja is being loud, proud, and screaming that you're here when you are there xD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »

@Athos I don't know when your grace period ends or if it's ended but i challenge you to your beast whenever i can.... Just I don't even want to tell you why but i want to fight you for it..

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »

@Athos I don't know when your grace period ends or if it's ended but i challenge you to your beast whenever i can.... Just I don't even want to tell you why but i want to fight you for it..

He gon' make you hunt him. Keep the pureness in your heart, and don't involve yourself with the bijuu affairs.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »

@Riku You have no idea just how much it's gonna make you laugh... and how Pure it's gonna keep me.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:47:16 PM »

Are you seriously? I mean, like, really? o.o So I know.
And because I already have the Six Tails mastered, I'm not taking a Grace Period xD So, yeah.

He gon' make you hunt him. Keep the pureness in your heart, and don't involve yourself with the bijuu affairs.
^ This.
My rules say that you have to know IC about my beast and then we fight OOC, but I've been thinking about changing them.

So, message me on Sl and we'll talk details, friend :p

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »

@ Athos Message me So i can find you.. I forget what you changed your name too... And Just message me and i'm sure you'll let me skip the Ic Hunt <.< Promise You will

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »

Hiding?

Wow...Warren has been quite active and rping all over the land and Moon >.>. That is just funny beyond belief.

Last I checked Warren was a Hermit << I haven't seen him anywhere so I was going off what I knew.

We need to stick to what the topic is about! D: I NEED TO KNOW!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »

@ Athos whenever your ready I'm down to start. >.>

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.