Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Jinchuuriki, Their Beast, and Their Villages  (Read 6081 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Jinchuuriki, Their Beast, and Their Villages
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »

@ Athos whenever your ready I'm down to start. >.>

The topic will be up in a few minutes >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »

Well since you admittedly are speaking from the standpoint of ignorance, you get a pass. Warren has not been a hermit since before he got sealed to the Shukaku. more than 2 years now? You really should get out more. Where have you been hiding? I never see you anywhere...
 :D

Oh ha ;p You were there in Iwa when we RPed, then there was the Kumo situation, which I guess since it was voided didn't count.
I dunno >> I'm in Yuki right now xD

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 11:41:43 PM »

Hiding?

Wow...Warren has been quite active and rping all over the land and Moon >.>. That is just funny beyond belief.

Yeah but if you challenge him he'll tell you he doesn't have to accept it since you aren't one of a handful of people who know he is the host, and that it's nearly impossible to find out he's the host.

I just said ok and challenged eiko instead since I figured it wouldn't be a fun rp if he doesn't want to defend it.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 11:50:02 PM »

Hiding?

Wow...Warren has been quite active and rping all over the land and Moon >.>. That is just funny beyond belief.

Hiding in plain sight is still hiding.  ;) Warren did not deny being sneaky about his traveling.

... The five just wasn't me and felt only like a trophy, I couldn't work him into my RP no matter how hard I tried x.x...

Ow. That kind of... Hurts to read for me on a personal level. But is this implying that you are no longer the 5-tails host?

With a bigger picture, you have to realize that "famous" or "infamous" is a pretty relative term. I didn't know I was even remotely considered "famous" for shadow imitation till people started RPing as such in my encounters/ zone fights. Being Head of the Nara Clan for a long time probably helped in that, but I am digressing. In the cases of the 9-tails, 8-tails, and especially the 1-tails, village-wide damage done by the beast is a huge way to get on the radar. When the residents of Konoha saw the Kyuubi standing there menacingly, they recognized what it was and started freaking out.

In SL, tailed beasts have not ramapged through villages  for a long time to my knowledge. Tailed beast fights (challenges) have in part kept that from happening, but a big part of it is that, unlike the series, the tailed beasts individually tend to be acquired by people who either don't need them for their weapon or by people who won't use them as their weapon.

Genuiney RPing out acquisition of the tails takess more time the longer you go; I held onto the 5-tails for far longer than I had ever expected when I first got it (hence why it was never integrated too heavilly into my now outdated narutoprofile wikia profile and barely even in my battle profile located on SLS) and took a really long time trying to master it (due to Eric's inexperience among other things). So long in fact that throughout my tenure, I never could fully utilize Kokuo's  full power (tailed beast mode, steam release chakra). Despite that, I did maintain a love-hate relationship between the two, a wary line of trust the guide that was interrupted by my eventual loss of the 5-tails.

Konoha went after me a grand total of once because I had the 5-tails, and that was the Temple RP incident. Other than that, the only other reason Konoha was mildly interested was because Kirk at least wanted me to ditch Akatsuki and rejoin the ranks of the Leaf (never going to happen while Nathan was still Hokage for political reasons). Beyond said isolated incidents, I don't see too many villages hunting for "their" tailed beasts if they happen to leave thier possession, even when tailed beast fights were just the IC kind explicitly. I don't see missing ninja being gone after neither, but that's only mildly related to the topic.

The tailed beast, in the grand scheme of things, does not belong to the village, especially not under the challenge rules. The tailed beast, you could say, belongs to the community at large, with respective champions and their villages leasing them for the sake of RP or trophism. Don't believe me? If the tailed beasts, hypothetically, to be removed from RP completely, a single village could not just remove the beasts that they own from RP completely and entirely; that is a relatively full community decision (there are some who wouldn't care enough to give input) that has yet to (and may never) come to fruition. But it would only happen if a large enough portion of the community from multiple villages came together and put the ban hammer on them, never could a single village do so.

Wrapping it up though (cause I'm getting winded) if someone flaunts their tailed beast (the power, via verbal declarations, etc.) then yeah, should not be shocking if they are known. If someone is fairly discreet (not using the power alot, even in fights, speaking very little of it, etc.) then it should not be shocking if they are unknown in the grand scheme of things.

Hiding?

Yeah but if you challenge him he'll tell you he doesn't have to accept it since you aren't one of a handful of people who know he is the host, and that it's nearly impossible to find out he's the host.

I just said ok and challenged eiko instead since I figured it wouldn't be a fun rp if he doesn't want to defend it.

Well, he couldn't deny you forever on that basis alone, that's against the rules last time I checked.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 12:11:24 AM »

There's a difference between denial and giving him the facts on why it'd be so difficult he'd just be wasting his time trying to get at me. If I can have a legitimate way to avoid shitstorms like what Masane keeps trying to dump on Gitsune, no offense nor implication Deathstroke would be that bad about it intended, then you can betcho ass I'm going to keep doing it too.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:26 AM »

There's a difference between denial and giving him the facts on why it'd be so difficult he'd just be wasting his time trying to get at me...

You might as well be denying him:

This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event.

Finding out who the host is, is just part of the RP involved in an IC match. Totally legit. I can think of about 3 different ways to obtain that information off the top of my head. Oh geesh, another just occurred to me.

Imagination folks...use it.

No issue with that, but Warren makes it sound like he will have to scale Mount Fuji, fly to Mount Everest, swim Marianna's Trench, take over Canterlot with a changeling army, raze Hoenn to the ground, colonize the moon, and accurately fire a finger-sized pistol halfway across the world into a pinhole sized point of entry just to even find out that he has the beast, nevermind "luring" him into a fight.

That's ridiculous, and defeats the point of having that rule even in place.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »

actually it is you, Eric, who is making it sound that way.

Now, I have to find a way out of this pokeball.

Am I?

... giving him the facts on why it'd be so difficult he'd just be wasting his time trying to get at me. If I can have a legitimate way to avoid shitstorms like what Masane keeps trying to dump on Gitsune, no offense nor implication Deathstroke would be that bad about it intended, then you can betcho ass I'm going to keep doing it too.

Kind of sounds like Warren has some fairly high hoops he wants his challengers to jump through. Or at least Deathstroke (though probably all of his challengers)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 01:00:30 AM »

It sounds like the truth. Someone actually bothering to rp with out metagaming doesn't happen very often.

And it is permitted to IC a hunt and a match. So I am sorry you think this is something to find fault with and make up all sorts of wild accusations against Warren's supposed attitude and agenda here, but it really is pointless.

His attitude has been great really, but his agenda is clearly to use RP (no matter how you might flower it up by saying "without metagaming") to keep people from challenging him from what I have read. I may be wrong, but that is definitely what I read into from the quoted texts.

It is permitted to IC a hunt and a match, but it is not permitted to make it impossible for a challenger to complete the RP obligation portion of the match. It's in the rules themselves, I am not making that up. The only wild accusation I have ever made towards Warren was in relation to an entirely different matter altogether. The ones I have made here regarding what I see as an attempt to keep his challengers from ever challenging him I find fault with for obvious reasons.

All the crap that has been going on here regarding challengers finding this and that unfair regarding the IC find/hunt portion (or even of getting the match period) and Warren comes up and practically say, "If I can legitly make it impossible for bad challengers to challenge me, then I will find it". What response was expected to be garnered? That nobody (here of all places) would read more into it than perhaps intended?

I am sorry you don't see why I am pointing out what is, to me, a skirting of the biju rules. What are the hunt requirements? I need to hunt down first Kayenta and coerce her (or any of the other knowers of the truth) to tell me his whereabouts? Wait for him to pop up in Suna and for attack him for, on the surface, no other reason, but deep down want the beast inside? Just what exactly entails, "So great that it is a waste of time to even try" kind of RP?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 01:13:19 AM »

You really love telling people what their thoughts and intents are, don't you? Have I not been told of some super distant blood relation that makes you know my own thoughts better than I do myself?

I had it up to here of your complaining during the konoha event, which might I add was a major contributor to why Kageri has very likely quit for good, so I'm going to say this only once.

Drop it and leave me the fuck alone.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2015, 01:21:11 AM »

That you say his RP activity is designed to purposefully keep bijuu hunters away is ridiculous. He is an avid rper, has been since before he got the beast, and so I am calling you out on that erroneous assumption you  are making.
Rather than insist that your faulty interpretation is correct, you should apologize for slandering someone.
Kind of like Athos did once he learned that Warren was in fact active and all over the place in public.

But, whatever Eric. You have it in your head that the way you see things is just the truth. That there is some dark agenda here, so have fun with that. To continually state to you that this is not the case is a waste of my time and ruining the enjoyment of my evening.

So do not expect a reply to the additional objection and assertion of your truth and correct interpretation that you will be making, because I am done.

Off to the ninjamon arena!

Okay, now that is bull xD I will sit around and watch things happen but not this.

I cannot remember the last time I have seen Warren's name ANYWHERE except the Desert RP where I was Hazama and that whole argument started.

So far, I AM THE ONLY PERSON TO HAVE FOUGHT WARREN FOR HIS BEAST, last I checked. And that was after, what, two forum topics, even after I did legit RP? xD

And I get that Warren is active, but where? o.o Really, where? Where are the active posts at?
The long, drawn out RPs that are being mentioned?
Where. Are. They?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 01:24:51 AM »

You could try the over 20 pages at suna square for starters, or if that's not enough there's more at sannin level dark caves, normal level lightning plains...

Et cetera. You really gotta practice that gypsy tent usage sometimes athos.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »

You could try the over 20 pages at suna square for starters, or if that's not enough there's more at sannin level dark caves, normal level lightning plains...

I don't level enough to have gold to do that >> so I kind of just go into things blindly!

Sannin zones and stuff don't count though <.< There are people who can't hunt you there!

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 01:34:08 AM »

Point remaining that there is a significant amount to be found if one just keeps eyes open.

Somebody lock this thread, probably the kiri one too while you're at it. They've both long since gone past their original purposes.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »

Uhm....and all of SL can hunt you in Yuki?
SNort

I've mastered the Five and Six tails, which is a total of eleven or so weeks, and have only ever had one challenger xD Two if you include Merci. If someone tells me they want to challenge me, I make it easy for them to find me.

>> So don't try to give me that.

And yes, people can join Yuki's clan halls and find me xD People cannot repeatedly click a button over and over and over again to get enough levels to get into one of the higher zones .-.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 01:49:50 AM »

My point is this...

Warren is active, he is in public, he is not hiding or skewing rp so that people cannot find him.

And all the bad mouthing in the world from you or eric or whoever isn't going to change the fact that you are wrong and out of line.

We need a thread lock and since Eric in online he should so that.
enough is enough.

I'm not bad-mouthing a soul >.> Actually, I even apologized earlier when I was out of line. You're the one here who jumped to Warren's defense, instead of letting him talk himself, and got all uppity.

But I agree, this should be locked xD

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.