Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What counts as able to be hunted?  (Read 3725 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: What counts as able to be hunted?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 04:25:32 AM »

As much as I despise you right now, I will commend you for having had the brains to bring up the question should the rules just be removed altogether at least.

Because in all honesty, after all the threads full of bullshit over people hunting kiri hosts, the ame debacle of shadow and ichirou, not even to speak of the countless other cases before that, if you STILL think people actually give a damn of those pretty much fascist rules much less follow them?

Then they are effectively worthless, and should be gotten rid of, because geezus fracking craist this just such a whole new level of stupid even I'm impressed.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 04:37:57 AM »

When we came back to the dicussion of doing challenges instead of doing whatever we were doing before (IC hunts just regular) I made the case that only OOC matches should be the norm for jinch matches. Had I made the case that it would make no sense for IC to exist because it makes no sense for it to have challenge lists, I wonder if we could have avoided some of the bullshit...

Nah, too many people were adamant about having IC hunts for the biju, it would have never gotten through because of the preciousness of the hardly existent boost to RP that the biju have brought.

For Neji's sake guys, I am starting to think this is the first time some of you have actually read the rules. They have been up for at least a year now, maybe more, and we have been quoting them back to back in almost every biju topic since.

Before I digress into a rant though, the point of the topic is to discus what is considered "able to be hunted". The truth is,  all of the jinchs are supposed to be "able" to be hunted IC. The difference is whether you challenge for it or just do it on your own independent of the rules.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 04:51:00 AM »

@Eric

So that rule should have been changed then. >.>
In all honesty, the bijuus accounts for like...1% ~ 5% of the RP that goes around here (directly) imo.
It's fun that it brought groups like Akatsuki (indirectly) but beyond that, it's not really promoting much RP and causes more problems than solutions. >.>

Plus for people who want to stop Akatsuki that means you have to risk IC deaths.
Do you really want to risk your character in stopping a fictional group over fictional bijuus? >.>
It's like those tv shows where the good guys and bad guys always fight but there's never a clear winner, just an endless cycle of fighting. It doesn't mount to anything and do you really want SL History to be mostly filled with that? =/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:14 AM »

Majority of that 1-5% with great likelihood being done by me. Only more reason to get rid of the rules.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 05:04:27 AM »

Majority of that 1-5% with great likelihood being done by me. Only more reason to get rid of the rules.

Actually I would consider that a reason to get rid of the bijuus all together.
Was it not their purpose to promote RP activity? If they're not doing their job, then fire them. >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 06:16:28 AM »

Actually I would consider that a reason to get rid of the bijuus all together.
Was it not their purpose to promote RP activity? If they're not doing their job, then fire them. >.>

Or condemn them, since Raifudo's house analogy comes to mind.  :o
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 06:31:23 AM »

I do believe that a host is obligated to disclose their location OOCly if they choose the IC-hunt option. It's basic RP etiquette to have your current location known, because otherwise, anybody could say that they're suddenly in this or that certain place. It really should be something that should cause a host to be stripped if they can never be tracked down or reached at all. As a host, you are committing yourself to spur on RP activity, not prevent it.

There are very few places that are only reachable by very specific methods, such as Kamui's Dimension or the Moon. But we have plenty of Kamui users, and I can just blow up the moon anytime. Custom time-spaces can be an issue here if a host chooses to dwell there all the time.

As for the hunter's perspective, you should have sensible ways to track down a host if you really do plan to go after one of these pure beasts of chakra. Regular chakra sensing can suffice. Using Sage Mode's passive chakra-sensing abilities can really help too. Mind's Eye of the Kagura is the best technique to use though. Doujutsu can help too, especially the Byakugan. But remember, ultimately you gotta be ninja about it. Hunting a Tailed Beast is the ultimate test of all your ninja abilities.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.