Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Dead or Nah

Death to the Wondertwins
- 10 (55.6%)
Life to the Wondertwins
- 5 (27.8%)
By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet! (Death)
- 3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 15, 2015, 10:38:40 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Death to the Wondertwins!  (Read 24767 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Death to the Wondertwins!
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »

Masane should just claim to be sealed in Yujo and take over his body like a bijuu taking over their Jinchuriki.

In all seriousness though, I was going to bring up the same point as Kage, the sealing technique isn't instant.

That is the current Uzumaki Clan leader at the time, by the way, so it's not like it was some random joe. What we're seeing is arguably the best possible version of the seal.

I'd also point out that the seal is large enough to surround that creature and still took several seconds to draw it in. I'd assume you can't just power out of the seal otherwise it would not have worked, but that gives you a lot of time to react.

I would think it would take longer to draw a target into a smaller seal, like a human into one on the palm of your hand. If the seal had just been under one of the monster's feet instead of its whole body do you not imagine it would have taken longer to seal it?

Masane might lose a hand or part of her arm, I think Uetto mentioned lopping her own arm off in response earlier. But I don't really see how she'd be unable to react at all, Sharingan or not. Yujo said two seconds but that does not seem to be a realistic time frame given the inefficient size of the seal. 

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:19:27 PM by Deathstroke »
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

The part where they showed him sealing was "filler" made for the sake of animation. If you're going to literally count the amount of seconds, it's not reliable.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-500-page-4.html

In the literal cannon, there's no such thing.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2015, 09:23:18 PM »

The part where they showed him sealing was "filler" made for the sake of animation. If you're going to literally count the amount of seconds, it's not reliable.

So shouldn't he not be able to use it then?

I wasn't literally counting the seconds but it was a very large seal for a very large creature, and it still took some time to do. More than enough time for an intelligent creature to go, "This is a bad situation."

Edit: Also, if you're going to argue that the only observable instance of this jutsu being used doesn't count then you really should't be allowed to use it in a fight. Just say it seals them instantly and walk around with Fuinjutsu knuckle dusters sealing everyone into your fists.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:32:54 PM by Deathstroke »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2015, 09:34:17 PM »

It's an extremely vague technique. The anime is the closest thing we can get to it's actual usage. If we're only relying on manga information, it's just a glorified normal Sealing Technique. And even in the page you just posted, Kushina mentioned "Our clans specialized in sealing techniques... though their processes were a little rough." What the latter means is up in the air for interpretation. But could imply that performing them was a challenge of some sorts.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »

I kinda like how the Masane/Ichirou Defense Squad jumped from her post not being meta game and all that nonsense, to the fact that the seal is no longer a viable way of sealing. Am I the only one that feels like Karate chopping my Desk, with my forehead?
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2015, 09:38:42 PM »

No, no, no, no, no.
With another glance back at her his grin still spread across his face, he interlocked their fingers to bring her hand closer to his own. "Nearly done, but I am growing weak rather quickly." He panted a bit and turned back towards Ichirou who was but a few moments before breathing his first breath of life since death. Though there was an issue here, Yujo had just met these people, why would an Uzumaki make such sacrifice for someone not sharing his blood? Correct answer happened to be, he wasn't.

That right there explains his cunning and wordplay as to state that Ichirou was still in fact dead. Needless to say, him growing weaker is why he interlocked his fingers with Masane's to support himself and generate her own strength which she is willingly giving him. Yes the Explosion Fist is quite instantaneous but she has to gather the appropriate chakras which would alert Yujo as well, since she is basically feeding him chakra. Regardless she accepted her fate once the contact was made. I'm not saying she got sealed up in exactly 2 seconds. No. The 2 seconds was the seal transferring from his own hand, WHICH IS HOLDING her hand. Masane is not a whale, or some other large creature so your theories are wrong. This sealing technique would take less than the depicted usage because Masane is in direct contact with yujo and the sealing formula is already present, simply transfering from skin to skin. Don't go telling me even a master Uzumaki Clan member whatever took 6 seconds because he is not in the predicament Yujo is in! Don't take everything for face value guys what kind of argument is this? This goes back to Masane thinking her Amaterasu is just as hot as the sun because the wikia says so. Just like how she believed yujo was going to help her, just like he said so...... this lesson should teach her to stop being so gullible.

She was deceived and regardless of her attempt to blast him, the sealing formula would still transpire over her person and then once it was complete would seal her into the formula/coding itself. Despite any sudden realization; once she would realize, she would be gone! DONE! SPICK AND SPAN! No redoes or look overs. Because now that everything was revealed it would be too meta/retro to go back in the first place. Please just take L, stop making this headache continue xD
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:41:37 PM by Keito Uzumaki »

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2015, 09:40:18 PM »

So shouldn't he not be able to use it then?

I wasn't literally counting the seconds but it was a very large seal for a very large creature, and it still took some time to do. More than enough time for an intelligent creature to go, "This is a bad situation."

It was more a response to Kage. But the monster literally danced about doing whatever. I doubt the animators weren't concerned about the number of seconds but rather filling out seconds lol

But since we're debating seconds after debating intentions (or still, since I didn't reply to Eric yet), I see no point in this argument anymore.

This is whats going to happen (my prediction): Both forum mods, are going to keep arguing this. Masane, for whatever she can't defend her own writing, will void that this ever happened along with the rest of Ame, thus rendering anything written here completely useless and vain. Do I have a problem with Masane not defending herself? No, but having the original author speak on her own behalf is much better. So, in the end, all of this will become void.

So, I shall stick with what I know best. Dank memes. It's been real folks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:40:52 PM by Genesis »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2015, 09:46:31 PM »

... to the fact that the seal is no longer a viable way of sealing...

When was that conclusion made?

P.S:

...Masane, for whatever she can't defend her own writing...

Pretty sure Kage said it was because Masane was not sure she could keep civil with a prolonged discussion regarding this. And her not being civil is not exactly going to help her cause, as she has no doubt learned from previous experience.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:48:17 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »

I kinda like how the Masane/Ichirou Defense Squad jumped from her post not being meta game and all that nonsense, to the fact that the seal is no longer a viable way of sealing. Am I the only one that feels like Karate chopping my Desk, with my forehead?
It's still a viable way of sealing. It's just that it is very vague in nature, and the only actual usage we see of it is in the anime, which has a lot more ground on it's actual usage and execution, instead of some random dude saying "I don't know how this seal works, but I'm going to say it takes only two seconds for me to win."

And what meta-game? We've already been over that she's stated clear reasoning as to be cautious, and then retaliate against an attack post initiated against her. Though I don't see you arguing against what I said in my latest long-post.

It was more a response to Kage. But the monster literally danced about doing whatever. I doubt the animators weren't concerned about the number of seconds but rather filling out seconds lol

But since we're debating seconds after debating intentions (or still, since I didn't reply to Eric yet), I see no point in this argument anymore.

This is whats going to happen (my prediction): Both forum mods, are going to keep arguing this. Masane, for whatever she can't defend her own writing, will void that this ever happened along with the rest of Ame, thus rendering anything written here completely useless and vain. Do I have a problem with Masane not defending herself? No, but having the original author speak on her own behalf is much better. So, in the end, all of this will become void.

So, I shall stick with what I know best. Dank memes. It's been real folks.
I've always been able to initiate the authority of my rule 2 though and just void the whole thing. I just have rule 3 to give the disagreeing party, and myself, a chance to explain our reasoning. Like I said before, I won't kick Yujo out, unless he starts spamming the whole board or interrupts and shouts obscenities, which I doubt is in his character in the first place.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »

I like how instead of responding to a legitimate inquiry we're making you instead try to make it seem like it's not a relevant point at all by again implying there's some bias at work, as if I'm just making an argument so you don't win. Don't worry though I'll take it out on your knee caps later.

@Keito: Wait what now? So the seal moves onto her body and seals her into herself? I was under the impression she was being drawn into Yujo's hand. That's why I was asking about the seal. If it takes a decent amount of time for something larger to be drawn into an appropriately large seal then wouldn't it take the same amount of time or longer for Masane to be drawn into a seal much smaller than her? They way you present it makes it seem like you can place the formula on someone and then they just kind of cease to exist, drawn into their own body. Would there just be a sealing jutsu floating in mid-air where she was standing because now I am genuinely confused.

My only point was that due to the seal being used I thought she'd have time to cut off her arm or attack Yujo or something before being totally drawn in.

Though if the one side is already convinced they're right and are going to dismiss any further discussion as knit-picking, like Genesis seems to be implying, then yes the discussion is quite over since one of the two sides is leaving.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:51:37 PM by Deathstroke »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »

Which brings up another point: Even if it were not genjutsu but just a show of smoke and mirrors, it should have been stated that it was. But it wasn't, if we're reading from the same RP here.

Am I the only one that thinks that things like this (traps/illusions) don't really need to be stated that it's smoke and mirrors? What's the point of setting a trap if you tell your opponent that you're setting up a trap, how to trigger it, and what it's going to do?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »

Which brings up another point: Even if it were not genjutsu but just a show of smoke and mirrors, it should have been stated that it was. But it wasn't, if we're reading from the same RP here.

Am I the only one that thinks that things like this (traps/illusions) don't really need to be stated that it's smoke and mirrors? What's the point of setting a trap if you tell your opponent that you're setting up a trap, how to trigger it, and what it's going to do?

That's just really difficult in this kind of rp. In a D&D kind of situation it's easy. You try and observe or cast some kind of revealing spell and then roll to see what you get.

This kind of thing would be like if everyone was a DM and also they were all competing to kill one another. Which sounds awful.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 10:03:32 PM »

The sealing tattoo is inked onto Yujo's body. That is the medium for which the seal is readily accesibly and activates from.
After forming the necessary hand seals, the user slams their hand on the ground after which a sealing formula, that originates from the user's hand, forming underneath the target. When the seal activates, anything above the inscription is sealed within the formula itself.

The SEALING FORMULA is tattooed onto him. So it already exists and is simply moving from his hand to her hand, stretching from his person to hers. Once it moved over it would seal her up into YUJO's TATTOO, not herself. Please and thank you :D

And Thank you, Thank You Becquerel for helping to state the obvious that Masane's team can't understand

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »

The sealing tattoo is inked onto Yujo's body. That is the medium for which the seal is readily accesibly and activates from.
After forming the necessary hand seals, the user slams their hand on the ground after which a sealing formula, that originates from the user's hand, forming underneath the target. When the seal activates, anything above the inscription is sealed within the formula itself.

The SEALING FORMULA is tattooed onto him. So it already exists and is simply moving from his hand to her hand, stretching from his person to hers. Once it moved over it would seal her up into YUJO's TATTOO, not herself. Please and thank you :D

And Thank you, Thank You Becquerel for helping to state the obvious that Masane's team can't understand
Except that Yujo never explained that it does that. He just said that they're already on his hand and it attempts to suck her in. Stop trying to forum-retro-post.

(7d17h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō | Once his hand was met with Masane's, the warmth of her chakra began washing through him, "What an incredible chakra you have..." He grinned up at her, still slowly channeling chakra into Ichirou. Time passed, and the heart that Yujo had extracted withered away into dust, signifying that (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) this process was nearly complete. With another glance back at her his grin still spread across his face, he interlocked their fingers to bring her hand closer to his own. "Nearly done, but I am growing weak rather quickly." He panted a bit and turned back towards Ichirou who was (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) but a few moments before breathing his first breath of life since death. Though there was an issue here, Yujo had just met these people, why would an Uzumaki make such sacrifice for someone not sharing his blood? Correct answer happened to be, he wasn't. If anyone knew Yujo personally it (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) would not have gone down this way, but the so called wonder twins did not. The tattoos on his hands that rested within Masanes came to life in the form of the Uzumaki Sealing technique, and when the technique was used at such close range, by a user of such mastery, there was no escape (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) to be had. Within the time span of less than 2 seconds would Masane find herself sucked inside of the inscriptions that made up the tattoos on his arm, and forever trapped within them.
Considering the amount of trust she had in Yujo, one could doubt that there was much reaction to be had (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) from her, which would make trust the factor that would seal their fate. Once completed, Yujo would simply use another seal to capture Ichirou before any shenanigans were to be had, if any. If all went successfully, he would sealed Masane sealed within his right palm, and ichi in his left.

D&D and SL RP are different. For SL, just because you know OOC that it's a genjutsu, doesn't mean that your character knows. Like I said before, you have to figure if your character is able to discern it. And if they aren't, then you have to RP that they were successfully "caught" within it. In this case, as Yujo and Keito are attempting to forum-retro-post. There was never any indication of it being genjutsu or smoke and mirrors. Yujo played it all as real, and it was accepted as being real by Masane and Ichirou. He can't go back on his word now. Especially when he stated that Ichirou came back to life before making the attacking action. If he had stated that Ichirou came back to life afterwards, then the revival would be void. But now Yujo has revived one of my men, and he has to deal with the consequences of his plan back-firing on him.

(7d17h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō | Once his hand was met with Masane's, the warmth of her chakra began washing through him, "What an incredible chakra you have..." He grinned up at her, still slowly channeling chakra into Ichirou. Time passed, and the heart that Yujo had extracted withered away into dust, signifying that (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) this process was nearly complete. With another glance back at her his grin still spread across his face, he interlocked their fingers to bring her hand closer to his own. "Nearly done, but I am growing weak rather quickly." He panted a bit and turned back towards Ichirou who was (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) but a few moments before breathing his first breath of life since death.
Though there was an issue here, Yujo had just met these people, why would an Uzumaki make such sacrifice for someone not sharing his blood? Correct answer happened to be, he wasn't. If anyone knew Yujo personally it (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) would not have gone down this way, but the so called wonder twins did not. The tattoos on his hands that rested within Masanes came to life in the form of the Uzumaki Sealing technique, and when the technique was used at such close range, by a user of such mastery, there was no escape (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) to be had. Within the time span of less than 2 seconds would Masane find herself sucked inside of the inscriptions that made up the tattoos on his arm, and forever trapped within them.
Considering the amount of trust she had in Yujo, one could doubt that there was much reaction to be had (C)
(7d16h) <||||> 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō (C) from her, which would make trust the factor that would seal their fate. Once completed, Yujo would simply use another seal to capture Ichirou before any shenanigans were to be had, if any. If all went successfully, he would sealed Masane sealed within his right palm, and ichi in his left.

Because Masane countered, all actions past his single attacking motion are voided.

Now I'm going to give a heads-up that I'm going to be gone for a bit, and I'll be back later. So take some time to absorb all the info here for now.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »

From what I saw in the video the seal doesn't actually go on the target, it just draws them in if they're in contact with it. That's what confused me. One could argue she is below the inscription, not above, if it is on her, and thus couldn't be sealed. If you really wanted to just try and be a troll anyway.

I just don't really get this whole argument. If I was holding hands with someone, even if I did trust them, and I started getting sucked vacuum cleaner style into their hand I would react in someway to it. I don't think you need to meta-game to understand that it is a bad situation.

Unless she is being sucked in so fast she cannot react, which as I mentioned I don't think would be realistic, then she could at least attempt to do something. She tried to Landmine fist his arm off right? And that was called metagaming I believe. I don't know, that seems like an appropriate reaction.

He already tricked her into releasing her brothers Edo Tensei so he is "dead". I say let her blow her and his arm off to stop the seal and then continue with the rp from there.

All Yujo had to do to give her no chance to fight back was instead of trying to suck her up put some seal on her that would have knocked her out in this exact same situation, and we'd have none of this arguing about a response. He shouldn't have given her any wiggle room, it's not as efficient as it could have been.

It just seems like Yujo went into this expecting to take them both out without a fight and isn't willing to accept any outcome besides that.

If you infiltrate enemy territory by yourself and plan to take out two key people (been playing a lot of Metal Gear V) then your plan can't have any holes in it. Everything on you, behind enemy lines, is as much pressure as a plan can be under and if there are any holes in it that pressure is going to force something out.

Yes this whole situation is basically a fart.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.