Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2  (Read 18723 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2
« on: September 08, 2015, 03:56:12 AM »

This topic is a direct continuation of the previous issue discussed here: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8558.0.html

@kage I understand it's lore that's twisted... But they never questioned it... That's the main problem they were fine with it all the way until it backfired even though they knew it was impossible.... The fact that you didn't even call it into question until after he was supposedly sucking up Masane... Is sort of bias.... Now hold on before you get unto bash Bryan with a hammer moment I'm just giving my opinion as you know I've agreed with a few things with you before but in this case it's just honestly unfair to just say let's void it... If you or anyone.. Chooses to ignore rules or correct descriptions of techniques to further there gain but then be disappointed when it doesn't work out... Well that's honestly karma... Now for all I know you just didn't see it till then and then said something (completely understandable) but the 3 people who were rping had already agreed and proceed with the rp until true ties were shown can't just be ignored.... Look at what happened when a situation like this happened earlier (Neala and Eric) thought it was random the Rp continued... Only in this case it's worse because they knew the technique wasn't right and didn't voice it.
I didn't have the time to read up on the activities of the clan halls in the time period that this was happening. I could give details on the current workings of my life and other things that are going on in it, but then this would turn the topic into a soap opera and tumblr blog post.

I don't treat my village members as dogs and command their every move. I let them do as they please on their off-time. But I did have to step in and advise them of why this isn't going to work. By letting this fly, I would be acknowledging and allowing Yujo's claims of being able to do all this. And as a kage of the land, that grants him some privileges and support in the powers he displayed. This is why I void it. Yujo may have claimed that he did it as "smoke and mirrors" to win them over, but RP is RP. He gave no indication whatsoever of this being an illusion.

I just want to say my two cents on this part right here. You know, it's really hard to do proper 'sneaky' RP if people want every little detail being said. Basically, it's hard to pull the wool over someone's eyes when they're constantly demanding explanations for things so they can avoid it.

Like if I post that I threw some disks at the opponent and the opponent managed to dodge it. If I were then to post that they explode because they were proximity mines, the opponent would be up in a tizzy because I didn't state that they were mines in the first post. Or if I spew a cloud of smoke but neglect to state that it's really fine particulate glass shards mixed with oleoresin capsicum. The opponent might hold their breath or something, but when I then reveal what the smoke really was they'd be upset that it 'hurts' them.

Mainly, if someone's trying to do sneaky RP, then they should be able to be as sneaky as possible with their intentions. Only in the end should they be able to unmask their plan to show that they intended. Or if someone confronts them before they get to that point, then they'd be able to say "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling ninja!" But in this case, it looks like no one really confronted him.

Though I don't agree with that whole "You're sealed away forever, I win" conclusion here. Sure, it's character death, but it's done so in a way where you take the player's ability away from them to bring their character back. And unless they're okay with that, I don't really think that's cool. Character death is an okay thing, I think they should be able to come back through gameplay.
Actually, you do have to state that these certain disks will explode. It's called retro-posting and is a godmodding situation, where you state that you did something in a previous post that never occurred. I actually do the whole exploding disk thing myself. But with shuriken that were marked with the Explosive Seal before they were thrown. And I make it a point to explicitly say what I'm doing in my post.

Now whether or not somebody is able to see the seals upon the shuriken is up in the air. Without a doujutsu to see that there's chakra on them, one can only infer that they're ordinary shuriken, because it would be hard to actually see the seals on them while they're spinning. But this becomes an issue where you have to evaluate whether or not your character has the means to actually see, avoid or counter the oncoming threat. Taking a hit means that they accept their limitations or inability to do so.

Alright champ *Ruffles Kage's hair* lets take a step back. It's already been established that his misconstruing the lore would have no effect on the outcome of the RP in the end. They accepted the RP Yujo laid out, they made a mistake. Did you even read the whole thread?

If you believe that your so involved with this RP, maybe you should have read the RP that was going on in your village for two days before it needed to be taken to the forum, and this could have been stopped long before. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Your silence is just as much acceptance as their's was.
Like I said before, I was busy. But we did agree to bring this to the forum on the day that I said to hold up the RP via PM (below). The thing is, he took a day and a half to post the topic and locked it, for what intentions is still ambiguous.

Take it to the forums then. Reputation won't be an issue if I'm representing them. I've been able to sway people in upholding my authority of voiding other custom things before used in my village.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:47:24)---
The revival technique? Lel none of that other than the Shinigami pulling the soul out was legit. The auto-sealing? I never stated it to be an auto-sealing, but under the conditions that she placed herself in, I just find it unlikely that she can escape.

And no, you simply cannot void legit RP because you choose to, you are the Kage, not the GM, if you chose to take that ground, I have already copied the RP for this exact reason, and will fight you all on the forums.

So, Masane will give her response, if it's not sufficient, expect a forum post. But if you want to throw out hypothetical situations, who do you think the community will side with? The guy who only has gone for the Sanbi, or the Masane and her brother who have pissed more people off in the shortest amount of time possible.

I don't feel like arguing with you about it, either Masane posts, or we take it to the forums, I'll wait till the end of tomorrow before I begin the battle.
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 05:39:17)---
That's not the problem. I already said that the revival technique is a problem. They can very easily escape in the next post, since auto-sealing somebody instantly is equivalent to auto-hitting, no-matter the amount of mastery somebody claims to have.

If you want to make a forum topic about how your custom revival technique, that is more advantageous and useful than canon methods, then go ahead. Let's see how that goes with the community. Especially since Ichirou's method of being the Eight Tails' host was to first become revived by this RP.

But taking it to the forums will only draw-out and RP-lock all parties involved with this for the entire ordeal of the discussion of the topic, which can last for a long while. Especially with it involving the fate of a Tailed Beast and it's planned host. But that won't be a problem for me, since I can just hold the beast under a summoning contract and avoid that.

Voiding is the only thing that will come out of this. I for one will void this under my own authority of having rule over the land that you're currently in. Ichirou and Masane have already acknowledged my decision to go through with it after talking with them. You can save yourself some time, trouble and face if you simply accept the void.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:25:31)---
I am sure they've told you that I am not here to kill them. Not even you really. So I am not interested in starting over or voiding it.

I'm not even up for compromise really since that would imply that I am wrong in doing what I did.

It comes down to this, Ichi/Masane trusted information I gave them OOC, and applied it IC. My character IC, if you read the RP, gave no reference to the OOC, and used deductive reasoning to justify his actions if any of that mattered, and at the end of the day, Ame and Uzu aren't on the best terms since the Keito debacle.

If she doesn't have a defense that is sufficient, but I am confident that she doesn't, then they are done.

If you have any other defense for them, be my guest, I will continue to remain civil with you.
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 05:11:05)---
The entire revival method conflicts with lore and is more over-powered than canon, and even non-canon, methods of revival. And the fact that a Tailed Beast is involved that will make the situation even more troublesome. But ultimately, it will be impossible to continue with the RP because of the change-up that would immediately happen if a repost or restart is granted, due to both of them already-knowing that you're coming with not-so-good intentions.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:06:41)---
I'd prefer it didn't but we all know I have no issue with fighting on the forums.

I'll be civil as long as you are.

My case is out there in the post, what is yours?
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 04:58:25)---
It doesn't have to.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 04:58:03)---
Is this going to have to escalate to a forum thing?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 04:18:23 AM »

This topic is a direct continuation of the previous issue discussed here: http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8558.0.html

@kage I understand it's lore that's twisted... But they never questioned it... That's the main problem they were fine with it all the way until it backfired even though they knew it was impossible.... The fact that you didn't even call it into question until after he was supposedly sucking up Masane... Is sort of bias.... Now hold on before you get unto bash Bryan with a hammer moment I'm just giving my opinion as you know I've agreed with a few things with you before but in this case it's just honestly unfair to just say let's void it... If you or anyone.. Chooses to ignore rules or correct descriptions of techniques to further there gain but then be disappointed when it doesn't work out... Well that's honestly karma... Now for all I know you just didn't see it till then and then said something (completely understandable) but the 3 people who were rping had already agreed and proceed with the rp until true ties were shown can't just be ignored.... Look at what happened when a situation like this happened earlier (Neala and Eric) thought it was random the Rp continued... Only in this case it's worse because they knew the technique wasn't right and didn't voice it.
I didn't have the time to read up on the activities of the clan halls in the time period that this was happening. I could give details on the current workings of my life and other things that are going on in it, but then this would turn the topic into a soap opera and tumblr blog post.

I don't treat my village members as dogs and command their every move. I let them do as they please on their off-time. But I did have to step in and advise them of why this isn't going to work. By letting this fly, I would be acknowledging and allowing Yujo's claims of being able to do all this. And as a kage of the land, that grants him some privileges and support in the powers he displayed. This is why I void it. Yujo may have claimed that he did it as "smoke and mirrors" to win them over, but RP is RP. He gave no indication whatsoever of this being an illusion.

I just want to say my two cents on this part right here. You know, it's really hard to do proper 'sneaky' RP if people want every little detail being said. Basically, it's hard to pull the wool over someone's eyes when they're constantly demanding explanations for things so they can avoid it.

Like if I post that I threw some disks at the opponent and the opponent managed to dodge it. If I were then to post that they explode because they were proximity mines, the opponent would be up in a tizzy because I didn't state that they were mines in the first post. Or if I spew a cloud of smoke but neglect to state that it's really fine particulate glass shards mixed with oleoresin capsicum. The opponent might hold their breath or something, but when I then reveal what the smoke really was they'd be upset that it 'hurts' them.

Mainly, if someone's trying to do sneaky RP, then they should be able to be as sneaky as possible with their intentions. Only in the end should they be able to unmask their plan to show that they intended. Or if someone confronts them before they get to that point, then they'd be able to say "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for you meddling ninja!" But in this case, it looks like no one really confronted him.

Though I don't agree with that whole "You're sealed away forever, I win" conclusion here. Sure, it's character death, but it's done so in a way where you take the player's ability away from them to bring their character back. And unless they're okay with that, I don't really think that's cool. Character death is an okay thing, I think they should be able to come back through gameplay.
Actually, you do have to state that these certain disks will explode. It's called retro-posting and is a godmodding situation, where you state that you did something in a previous post that never occurred. I actually do the whole exploding disk thing myself. But with shuriken that were marked with the Explosive Seal before they were thrown. And I make it a point to explicitly say what I'm doing in my post.

Now whether or not somebody is able to see the seals upon the shuriken is up in the air. Without a doujutsu to see that there's chakra on them, one can only infer that they're ordinary shuriken, because it would be hard to actually see the seals on them while they're spinning. But this becomes an issue where you have to evaluate whether or not your character has the means to actually see, avoid or counter the oncoming threat. Taking a hit means that they accept their limitations or inability to do so.

Alright champ *Ruffles Kage's hair* lets take a step back. It's already been established that his misconstruing the lore would have no effect on the outcome of the RP in the end. They accepted the RP Yujo laid out, they made a mistake. Did you even read the whole thread?

If you believe that your so involved with this RP, maybe you should have read the RP that was going on in your village for two days before it needed to be taken to the forum, and this could have been stopped long before. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Your silence is just as much acceptance as their's was.
Like I said before, I was busy. But we did agree to bring this to the forum on the day that I said to hold up the RP via PM (below). The thing is, he took a day and a half to post the topic and locked it, for what intentions is still ambiguous.

Take it to the forums then. Reputation won't be an issue if I'm representing them. I've been able to sway people in upholding my authority of voiding other custom things before used in my village.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:47:24)---
The revival technique? Lel none of that other than the Shinigami pulling the soul out was legit. The auto-sealing? I never stated it to be an auto-sealing, but under the conditions that she placed herself in, I just find it unlikely that she can escape.

And no, you simply cannot void legit RP because you choose to, you are the Kage, not the GM, if you chose to take that ground, I have already copied the RP for this exact reason, and will fight you all on the forums.

So, Masane will give her response, if it's not sufficient, expect a forum post. But if you want to throw out hypothetical situations, who do you think the community will side with? The guy who only has gone for the Sanbi, or the Masane and her brother who have pissed more people off in the shortest amount of time possible.

I don't feel like arguing with you about it, either Masane posts, or we take it to the forums, I'll wait till the end of tomorrow before I begin the battle.
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 05:39:17)---
That's not the problem. I already said that the revival technique is a problem. They can very easily escape in the next post, since auto-sealing somebody instantly is equivalent to auto-hitting, no-matter the amount of mastery somebody claims to have.

If you want to make a forum topic about how your custom revival technique, that is more advantageous and useful than canon methods, then go ahead. Let's see how that goes with the community. Especially since Ichirou's method of being the Eight Tails' host was to first become revived by this RP.

But taking it to the forums will only draw-out and RP-lock all parties involved with this for the entire ordeal of the discussion of the topic, which can last for a long while. Especially with it involving the fate of a Tailed Beast and it's planned host. But that won't be a problem for me, since I can just hold the beast under a summoning contract and avoid that.

Voiding is the only thing that will come out of this. I for one will void this under my own authority of having rule over the land that you're currently in. Ichirou and Masane have already acknowledged my decision to go through with it after talking with them. You can save yourself some time, trouble and face if you simply accept the void.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:25:31)---
I am sure they've told you that I am not here to kill them. Not even you really. So I am not interested in starting over or voiding it.

I'm not even up for compromise really since that would imply that I am wrong in doing what I did.

It comes down to this, Ichi/Masane trusted information I gave them OOC, and applied it IC. My character IC, if you read the RP, gave no reference to the OOC, and used deductive reasoning to justify his actions if any of that mattered, and at the end of the day, Ame and Uzu aren't on the best terms since the Keito debacle.

If she doesn't have a defense that is sufficient, but I am confident that she doesn't, then they are done.

If you have any other defense for them, be my guest, I will continue to remain civil with you.
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 05:11:05)---
The entire revival method conflicts with lore and is more over-powered than canon, and even non-canon, methods of revival. And the fact that a Tailed Beast is involved that will make the situation even more troublesome. But ultimately, it will be impossible to continue with the RP because of the change-up that would immediately happen if a repost or restart is granted, due to both of them already-knowing that you're coming with not-so-good intentions.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 05:06:41)---
I'd prefer it didn't but we all know I have no issue with fighting on the forums.

I'll be civil as long as you are.

My case is out there in the post, what is yours?
---Original Message from Uchiha Kage(2015-09-06 04:58:25)---
It doesn't have to.
---Original Message from 預言者, Uzumaki Yūjō(2015-09-06 04:58:03)---
Is this going to have to escalate to a forum thing?

The community already came to a consensus of what was going to happen with this RP. You have no authority or a leg to stand on anymore. Once Masane's Ban has been lifted, she will post, and we will continue from there.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 04:21:28 AM »

On the contrary Riku, Kage has just as much authority on this than you do so if he wants to make another post on this matter, he can do whatever he wishes.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:22:06 AM »

If locking a topic before both sides could properly explain their reasoning in a time-span of four hours, then it would be.

I'm a side in this too, and literally half the reason why we're having this issue.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 04:25:11 AM »

On the contrary Riku, Kage has just as much authority on this than you do so if he wants to make another post on this matter, he can do whatever he wishes.

Sure he can make a post, but it won't change what is too happen with this RP. His argument is that the lore was misconstrue and thus the whole RP should be void. Everyone in the other post gave no shits about the lore and agreed that it would have had no affect on the outcome of the RP.

You're basically injecting yourself into their RP when you had literally no part of it. You were just a spectator. I have just about as much to do with this RP as you do, and I'm not even in Ame.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 04:32:53 AM »

Sure he can make a post, but it won't change what is too happen with this RP. His argument is that the lore was misconstrue and thus the whole RP should be void. Everyone in the other post gave no shits about the lore and agreed that it would have had no affect on the outcome of the RP.

You're basically injecting yourself into their RP when you had literally no part of it. You were just a spectator. I have just about as much to do with this RP as you do, and I'm not even in Ame.
The community is a spectator too with that logic. I'm a part of the topic and community. Now post something constructive for the topic.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 05:06:05 AM »

So I never agreed that it would have not changed anything in fact ichi and I told you it would have changed everything. this did not just start when he tried to sell me because the part he messed up on and the part where he tried to seal me were all in the same post my retaliation post does not start at him trying toseal me

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 05:11:44 AM »

I for some reason sense that another future topic is going to be created soon. >.> so how about we all just sit back, see what's gonna be posted and relax and sip on some nice kool-aid

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 05:16:46 AM »

we all already know what's going to happen I'm going to make my counter post and get called a godmother or a metagamer or for whatever reason my counter wouldn't work because yujo is a Godno one is going to accept anything that I do because none of you like me which is why it's okay for yujo to metagame me in order to kill me

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:27:30 AM »

I'll be honest >.> straight up from the ground honest with you on how the situation looks right now. ( From my own opinion) Everyone is of course free to deny and or agree with any of it.

1. The RP was accepted by everyone.. (regardless of why be it lies or truth) and acted upon. The move even though incorrect and wrong was never corrected or stated upon.. so.. why try to use it as a defense later when it was accepted at face value. The Phrase im gonna use being:  I'm gonna lay in the mud and play in it and then run to my mom and tell her they made me do it to avoid getting in trouble.

2. The situation your in (from my view point) Your character (Masane) Has no reason to not trust him.. I mean you've shown him trust and even at multiple points just gone along with what he was saying.. I don't think your character's would recognize a Sealing Seal that advanced? ( I could be wrong since your character could be a seal master?) but then that raises the question why would you character even gave them their hand in the first place which you did and quite freely before being betrayed..

3. To purpose a defense of I had a feeling, an assumption, or a quick something registered in her mind without ample date could and will probably be considered A metagaming post. (No offense to you) but you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and their's 3 security cams and your mother watching you. You're gonna have to word it beyond right.

4. You both honestly should have said something from the moment he mentioned the Shingami and stopped the RP but didn't. If this is repeated i apologize but it's a big deal.

I personally have no distaste or hate towards you except an unfinished fight (Masane) as we're even hunting a beast together but this is sadly a brief occurrence and situation of an RP that shouldn't have happened, and should have been stopped or interrupted a whole lot sooner by either one of you but didn't.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:28:38 AM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 05:30:43 AM »

I'll be honest >.> straight up from the ground honest with you on how the situation looks right now. ( From my own opinion) Everyone is of course free to deny and or agree with any of it.

1. The RP was accepted by everyone.. (regardless of why be it lies or truth) and acted upon. The move even though incorrect and wrong was never corrected or stated upon.. so.. why try to use it as a defense later when it was accepted at face value. The Phrase im gonna use being:  I'm gonna lay in the mud and play in it and then run to my mom and tell her they made me do it to avoid getting in trouble.

2. The situation your in (from my view point) Your character (Masane) Has no reason to not trust him.. I mean you've shown him trust and even at multiple points just gone along with what he was saying.. I don't think your character's would recognize a Sealing Seal that advanced? ( I could be wrong since your character could be a seal master?) but then that raises the question why would you character even gave them their hand in the first place which you did and quite freely before being betrayed..

3. To purpose a defense of I had a feeling, an assumption, or a quick something registered in her mind without ample date could and will probably be considered A metagaming post. (No offense to you) but you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and their's 3 security cams and your mother watching you. You're gonna have to word it beyond right.

4. You both honestly should have said something from the moment he mentioned the Shingami and stopped the RP but didn't. If this is repeated i apologize but it's a big deal.

I personally have no distaste or hate towards you except an unfinished fight (Masane) as we're even hunting a beast together but this is sadly a brief occurrence and situation of an RP that shouldn't have happened, and should have been stopped or interrupted a whole lot sooner by either one of you but didn't.

So this guy is my spirit animal. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 05:34:35 AM »

ok I have every reason not to trust him because we are on bad terms with where he just came from he clearly stated that he was wearing robe from the uzumaki clan plus I never stated putting any trust in him at all ever my reason to not trust him is a simple fact that my brother's soul would not have come out of the death of God's stomach after I released the jutsuhe clearly told what he said was my brother's soul from the death gods belly when it would not have gone there once the jutsu was cancelledlike I'm really just going to trust someone who comes from a clan where at war with

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 05:37:28 AM »

we couldn't say anything about it because it was his last post we didn't have time to accept it before our leader was trying to void it he pulled my brother's soul from the death gods belly in the same post he attacked mein fact it was before he attacked me so right there would have been my sign that something is wrong because my brothers soul would not have been in the Shinigami belly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:46 AM »

In there lies the problem, though why didn't you say anything at the moment it was impossible. It would have taken but a single minute to just jot down " Edo zombies can't even be in the human realm if they were in the shinigami's stomach" that single sentence would have frozen the whole RP either You or Ichi could have posted it just in a OOC fashion and it would have stopped everything, it wasn't until the signs of betrayal we're brought up that it was brought into question.

You never give your enemy your hand... especially if you're at war with them.. not unless some bond of trust is in there
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:43:27 AM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:55 AM »

It was stopped after that can't you read there was no post after his because kage put it on hold. for like the 412 time the part of his post that he messed up was before he attacked me which means when I see this part of the technique going wrong I can figure that it's not going how it was supposed to go

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.