Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2  (Read 19541 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Death to the Wondertwins! Part 2
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »

Yes Mei we're saying it takes 6 seconds or so based off he only time it's been visibly used. It is a specific seal and I assume it's vague usage is why people use it so they make up effects. It is a canon technique. It makes a lot more sense to say it works as it does the only time it was ever seen than you just doing whatever you want with it.

And yeah so what if she's tired? She made an exlosion that should blow off both their hands. She didn't claim to filet the seal off his hand with her pinky finger.

He randomly grasps her hand, a seal spreads up her arm, and then she strats getting sucked into yujo's hand and you're saying she can't go "ohshitboom." That's not a precise reaction that's a split second kind of decision.

As for Keito I don't think he understands how the seal works. You're saying it would be faster than the anime scene because Masane is in direct contact with it but that's what happened on the anime too, the creature was literally standing on top of the seal. This time the seal is on yujo's hand instead of he ground though, so I don't see the difference.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 02:18:46 AM »

"ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians"

Never has Masane ever rp'ed that with her character.

I disagree with that. You don't need to rp something like that. That's IMPLIED. Masane is stronger, faster, better than the average Joe. No doubt...it's implied with being a ninja.

Also, bringing a dude into your house and letting him kill your brother without hesitation IMPLIES trust.

There's a reoccurring theme going on here...

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 02:19:28 AM »

I'm sorry Keito has been on Masane's mind so much lately. Maybe I'll send you a picture, it lasts longer. Either way, you made yourself tired like Mei already stated xD That isn't being ADDED to your post that is what came from your post. Thank you very much o' smart one. With that being said your reaction still doesn't stop the sealing technique. This isn't a scroll, this is direct chakra made into sealing formula traveling from your direct contact. Good attempt though but you should have just amputated yourself. The seal still goes into effect, the explosion doesn't stop that from happening and it was activated before your response and wasn't stopped afterwards. That contact alone was all that was needed to transfer over the seal, he just wanted to hold your hand for added effect. He doesn't have to touch you for the seal to work, but for it to work in the nature he described close contact is necessary. AND WHEN I MEAN THAT! FOR THE TECHNIQUE TO HAPPEN IN THE INSTANCE OF 2 SECONDS ACTUAL PHYSICAL CONTACT MUST BE MADE. Otherwise, you can refer to the anime footage of how the technique should work giving it a roughly longer time frame. But Masane made physical contact with Yujo and thats the only piece of evidence and proof necessary to claim herself 'tagged' by the seal. She can do whatever she wants but once the seal is complete she goes bye bye and now Yujo is left with an explosion beam upon his arm and hand. Thats where the RP leaves off honey bun.

show me where I said that I was slow and drained and had slow reaction time.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2015, 02:20:07 AM »

"ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians"

Everybody has sometime in their history.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shinobi#Physical_Prowess

In fact, I would like to see everybody submit the RP they did of actually going through the academy and physically training to leap longer distances and other stuff ninja do. Otherwise, you are not allowed to use chakra or have any other ninja abilities.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2015, 02:22:16 AM »

Alright. You guys are literally just drawing straws and mocking each other at this point. If an agreement can't be met then the RP needs to just be split with those agreeing with Kage and Masane and one side and those agreeing with Yujo on the other. If you guys keep this up the topic will just be locked again. Fair warning.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2015, 02:28:01 AM »

Alright. You guys are literally just drawing straws and mocking each other at this point. If an agreement can't be met then the RP needs to just be split with those agreeing with Kage and Masane and one side and those agreeing with Yujo on the other. If you guys keep this up the topic will just be locked again. Fair warning.

At this point, I am going to have to agree with Nathan.

I propose this. If no agreement can be made (I don't think we need to see that one isn't going to be remade anytime soon) we can have Ichirou die, 8-tails respawn on the outskirts of Amegakure, and the circumstances of his death left to the gods. Masane and Yujo have not met, and Masane and Ichirou can work on the details on how Ichirou's Edo was released in an alternate fashion.

I would also like to nominate Nathan, if he is willing, to GM the 8-tails when it respawns, presuming this is a plan of action that people can agree with.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:13 AM »

Yes Mei we're saying it takes 6 seconds or so based off he only time it's been visibly used. It is a specific seal and I assume it's vague usage is why people use it so they make up effects. It is a canon technique. It makes a lot more sense to say it works as it does the only time it was ever seen than you just doing whatever you want with it.

And yeah so what if she's tired? She made an exlosion that should blow off both their hands. She didn't claim to filet the seal off his hand with her pinky finger.

He randomly grasps her hand, a seal spreads up her arm, and then she strats getting sucked into yujo's hand and you're saying she can't go "ohshitboom." That's not a precise reaction that's a split second kind of decision.

As for Keito I don't think he understands how the seal works. You're saying it would be faster than the anime scene because Masane is in direct contact with it but that's what happened on the anime too, the creature was literally standing on top of the seal. This time the seal is on yujo's hand instead of he ground though, so I don't see the difference.

I'm only going to comment on the sealing portion of this: I want all of you to imagine if boring old fire style fireball jutsu was only ever used in a filler flashback. And when fired it traveled at a rate of 2 MPH, and was the size of a grape, was written this way for some reason never explained, and then never used again, would any of you use the technique as described.

This is what is being argued here.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2015, 02:31:08 AM »

Keito is killing me. xD

Okay again.

1. Uzumaki Sealing Technique is a generic term, which means ALL of Uzumaki's Sealing Techniques are considered 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique'. You cannot use one example to relate to all sealing techniques. Yujo's sealing technique is a tattoo, custom no less. I dont understand how are you comparing a non-canon scene with a generic term (which someone decided to add in Naruto Wikia anyway) when I have provided two hardcore manga evidence (and you're welcome to watch the anime scenes too) of another 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' (Dead Demon Consuming Seal) taking a lot less than 6 seconds. I don't get it.....

2. A strong body doesnt mean anything. We all saw the 'Sasuke vs Lee' fight. It all comes down to reaction speed. >.>

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:33:03 AM by Mei »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2015, 02:34:22 AM »

I think you guys are forgetting that ninja are military-trained to go beyond the normal limits of ordinary civilians.

We get tired too lol Even when there's explosions going on around you all sorts of crazy stuff happening, you're still tired. Adrenaline only gets you so far. Though once you're back in a safe area, it's easy to go to bed. At least it is for me.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2015, 02:36:37 AM »

Bec's post made me sadder than it should have I flashed to him going into war and then going to sleep after fighting and then a whole bunch of other stuff. ;-;
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:51 AM »

I'm only going to comment on the sealing portion of this: I want all of you to imagine if boring old fire style fireball jutsu was only ever used in a filler flashback. And when fired it traveled at a rate of 2 MPH, and was the size of a grape, was written this way for some reason never explained, and then never used again, would any of you use the technique as described.

No I'm arguing that this seal does one thing and you're saying it does something else for no reason.

Just make a custom seal that does this. If you said the reaper death sealed masane and said it destroyed her soul so it could never come back then that would be wrong, just like saying this seal seals her three times faster then it's been shown to when used my an uzumaki master is also wrong.

You'd think if you were trying to kll someone that you knew was going to argue youd properly use a canon technique.

And Mei you're just wrong. They're referring to a specific seal here.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:19 AM »

I've merely been presenting facts and countering arguments in nearly all my posts to keep the thread on track and productive.

But I do not believe that splitting is a very reasonable outcome, because it will simply create a plethora of more problems. Especially when it comes to interactions in a third-party's environment.

Though I am willing to extend a hand to the other party on voiding the entire RP.

There's a difference between anime filler, and anime canon. This technique is a part of canon and it's usage is further expositioned through the anime. I don't even think you can compare the speed of blowing a giant ball of fire to an obscure fuinjutsu technique.

Keito is killing me. xD

Okay again.

1. Uzumaki Sealing Technique is a generic term, which means ALL of Uzumaki's Sealing Techniques are considered 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique'. You cannot use one example to relate to all sealing techniques. Yujo's sealing technique is a tattoo, custom no less. I dont understand how are you comparing a non-canon scene with a generic term (which someone decided to add in Naruto Wikia anyway) when I have provided two hardcore manga evidence (and you're welcome to watch the anime scenes too) of another 'Uzumaki Sealing Technique' (Dead Demon Consuming Seal) taking a lot less than 6 seconds. I don't get it.....

2. A strong body doesnt mean anything. We all saw the 'Sasuke vs Lee' fight. It all comes down to reaction speed. >.>

Look at this page again. It's categorized as an entirely separate technique, and that's how Keito, Yujo and any other Uzumaki play it too. If it were an actual jutsu category, then it would be one. But it's not.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Uzumaki_Sealing_Technique

And a stronger body means entirely everything. Especially when I already explained it here with a direct citation from the wiki, which cites it from manga sources.

Everybody has sometime in their history.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Shinobi#Physical_Prowess

In fact, I would like to see everybody submit the RP they did of actually going through the academy and physically training to leap longer distances and other stuff ninja do. Otherwise, you are not allowed to use chakra or have any other ninja abilities.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:57 AM »

No I'm arguing that this seal does one thing and you're saying it does something else for no reason.

Just make a custom seal that does this. If you said the reaper death sealed masane and said it destroyed her soul so it could never come back then that would be wrong, just like saying this seal seals her three times faster then it's been shown to when used my an uzumaki master is also wrong.

You'd think if you were trying to kll someone that you knew was going to argue youd properly use a canon technique.

THIS.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2015, 02:46:13 AM »

Okay. After re-reading Yujo's post, I see what you mean now. My apologies for confusion. I thought it was a custom tech. But even then, logically speaking, it wouldn't take 6 seconds anyway. Like how many times have the anime put non-canon scenes that contradict a technique. For example, remember in the Naruto vs Sasuke's Valley of the End fight, Sasuke claimed in the anime that he can differentiate Naruto from his shadow clones when in fact we ALL know that's not possible. So I would still take that non-canon scene for a grain of salt if not lesser. >.>

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2015, 02:57:20 AM »

Shadow I love you. Yes I vouch this as well. And I specifically made a backstory for my character to show he has never enlisted in an academy but has gotten to where he is today. The common man turned mad. Hell, Masane and Ichirou just joined this site this year and they are up to par with veterans who have been going on for longer than I have.

I'm glad I can at least keep someone entertained and that certain someone seems to be making the most sense out of you all. HAHA! Double points on me. Its seriously sad that this is a popular 'debate' if even. If were allowing Masane's post whatever the hell that was supposed to be to go through, then we are already accepting that Masane reached for Yujo's hand and Yujo activated the sealing technique on that notion. THIS HAPPENED. NOW! Masane is trying to retro post by claiming that her sharingan that wasn't referred to at all during the RP event was the power crutch that let her turn the situation back on Yujo 100% That is where I stand in the middle and say, Hell nah, to the nah nah, to the helll naaah. Seriously that is the Weakest come back, yea I'm copying your style girl because thats all you got to say on these long posted discussions about your mistake.

Also thank you to everyone who uses the wikia as a reference since of course Masashi Kishimoto himself singlehandedly created and wrote every single wikia page to this date. Yes, thank you for stating your 'factual proof' thanks alot. Now, can we get back to Shinobi Legends Role Play? Or are we supposed to be playing Naruto Wikia 101, because quite frankly you guys are saying that because a Jutsu was used a certain way, that is the only way to use it? Well then with that logic, lets ban every single custom technique that ever branched off from one of the canon techniques, because that never happened in the series Lets just be boring and replay every single scene that has happened in the naruto series, because we're unoriginal and can't imagine the outcome of things. Damn am I playing a game or signing up for a debate?

YES he is using the Uzumaki Sealing Technique. BUT I've already stated: once you gain a certain level of mastery in fuinjutsu you can literally tattoo them onto your person. It has already been done with the Summoning Seal so it was done with the Uzumaki Sealing Technique. I already told you guys, come on now. With that being said the handseals and preparation is already done for him, he doesn't need to wait the 4 seconds for the seal to appear since it is already there, only the 2 seconds for the suction to happen like he emoted. Don't go changing someone's words because that is retro-posting. He stated what he stated, not 6/7 but 2 and that is what happened. So in 2 seconds to be scratch free is more than pulling a leg on this one and I will continue to say that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.