Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34905 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2015, 12:37:19 AM »

I think this needs to be more than Forum elites deciding.

Neji please put up a call for all SL members to come here and vote on this issue on the site MoTD. If voting is going to be the deciding factor, then it needs to be made aware to the SL population, not exclusively the Forum population. Meanwhile I am spamming clan heads with this message.

Can you send out a clan message to alert people to this vote?
======
Neji put up a poll on the forums about which new village to add.
the choices are Amegakure and Uzushiogakre. You have 10 days. Please go vote. If you do not have a forum account, make one. Then pm Ace here on SL to activate the account so that he knows you are not a spam bot. Make sure to tell him what the forum account name is in case it is different than your SL account name. Thank you!

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8561.msg225206.html#new

Thank you.

If you will notice here, This is where I put up the copy of the message I sent out to everyone. I sent it to clan heads asking them to send out clan mails, then I sent it as a clan mail to everyone in my clan. There was no coercion used. I merely informed people that this vote about a new village board was going on.

I actually received pm from people afterward saying things like this was something worth voting for and they were actually compelled to create a forum account so they could have their vote count too. When it came time to vote on the bijuu I did the same thing. That more people have come out to vote on a village than they did for the bijuu only means to me that more people care about getting a new village to play on SL than what happens with 10 people owning a bijuu.

I feel this is a good thing. More forum participants means that we now might get more new fresh voices on issues that occur. Please take this as an opportunity to behave and change our behaviors here in discussion so that the reputation of the forum will change too. Then maybe more people will come here and also participate in the future. It is time we become a community again. And if you will notice, the number of votes for Uzi also went up.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »

Hello :)

Also, I put out a blanket post to all the Oto members that said there was a voting going on in the forums and to pick one if they wanted.

Messaging 'everyone' to vote for a village is fine. Raise the awareness of the poll. That's cool.

It's different when you message 'everyone' to vote for that 'one village'. >.>

But you're right, this is politics. Let the 'better' village win.

If these are individuals that submitted their votes, I see nothing wrong. At this point, it seems people are looking for any excuse to argue again. Letting feelings get in the way again. Learn to stay civil instead of villainizing something that goes against what you want.

If someone encourages another to vote for a village over another, then so what? I can make compelling arguments as to why one village over another but at the end of the day, that's all they are-- arguments of my opinion. I can't force someone to choose one over another.

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »

Greetings all , what do i think about the village selection? Hmm...well  on the subject of fairness  the people that make up a village  make it fair or not .  I voted for the one with rain, because i don't exactly like the uzumaki,s or how they are played . Bu that is neither hear nor there , my reason for posting is bec,s (making sl great) comment  you know how that is done ? You bring the fun back , simple as that . 

This had been (as always ) your goblin king 
do take care one and all

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2015, 01:04:11 AM »

If someone encourages another to vote for a village over another, then so what? I can make compelling arguments as to why one village over another but at the end of the day, that's all they are-- arguments of my opinion. I can't force someone to choose one over another.

First and foremost, I assume everyone would like a fair poll. Now...

There's a thing called 'power of influence'.

True or False? Most, if not everyone here, thought this was going to be a landslide victory for Uzu. Hands down, no contest due to the sheer numbers of (active) members that Uzu has compared to Ame. If 'True', why all of a sudden the voting is close between these two villages?

True or False? You believe that everyone who voted generally cares about which new village is going to be added. If 'False', why would some people who don't care vote for that one village in the first place?

There's power of influence in this game. You cannot deny that.
It's the same as when you are in a RP predicament. Whose answer is going to have the most 'weight'? A random new person or someone who has considerable amount of RP exp and been on SL for a while? Unless that random new person has a PhD in Physics, then you're going to side with the latter.

Initially I was not even going to reply to that post but then Ace re-posted the same thing. -_-
Honestly, if my alt was not in Uzushiogakure, I probably would not have cared much about this poll but may have voted Uzu anyway just because I know more people there. Oh, there's that 'power of influence' again. >.>

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2015, 01:10:47 AM »

Besides the fact Neji, myself, nor probably most of the staff care which way the poll goes, isn't this "power of influence" virtually with everything? =)

So called "prominent" members post their thoughts, encourage others to follow suit, make a compelling argument, and others who choose to do so fall in line. On the forum, people post their thoughts and make their arguments. ;)

Uzu seems to be working it's magic too I'm sure behind the scenes. That may not be realized due to the inherent blinders we place upon ourselves.
Looking at situations from both sides is crucial.

Just my thoughts.
But hell, what do I know? :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:11:49 AM by Ace »

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2015, 01:19:52 AM »

I'm just saying that it exist and that they are ways to 'force someone to choose one over another'.

However now there's no way to tell if this poll was not 100% compromised.

I'm just going to watch and eat popcorn.

TakaharuChusaki

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2015, 01:26:26 AM »

If Uzu wins I think I'll start referring it to the 'Hidden Fire-Crotch Village' from then on. Not necessarily an insult, more of a joke.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2015, 01:28:48 AM »

Just in case it goes down to a manual vote to make it more 'fair', I voted for Uzu since they appear to have more members and that may equate to more activity.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2015, 01:42:05 AM »

Village Hidden in the Fire Crotch?
omg Chu. I may have to change my vote, I love it!!

But damn Raifudo anyway for giving me an education, totally unrelated point here.

now that I know Suna is Sugar Hidden in the Sand...and how sweet it is!...I may have to request the ability to change clan names...that is gonna keep me up at night now knowing we are tattooed with an inaccuracy.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:03 AM »

Village Hidden in the Fire Crotch?
omg Chu. I may have to change my vote, I love it!!

But damn Raifudo anyway for giving me an education, totally unrelated point here.

now that I know Suna is Sugar Hidden in the Sand...and how sweet it is!...I may have to request the ability to change clan names...that is gonna keep me up at night now knowing we are tattooed with an inaccuracy.

Sunagakure; the village hidden in the litterbox. That's how I have always seen it, because that village is sheit xD
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2015, 02:04:55 AM »

I find it strange as of this post there is a thirty percent more voters than the biju poll. To be fair though this will effect more people than just the "mainstream" role-players

I don't find it strange that this thread seems to be attracting more voters than the Biju discussions could ever manage. There is a good reason why people tend to avoid this forum at all cost. Lol.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:05:45 AM by Snap »

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2015, 02:09:39 AM »

Hidden in the litter box hu? well  why is there are so many that come here  then ?
Oh wait i know we are not lame !

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »

But litter boxes are full of treasures and treats. At least, that's what my dog used to think.

(I know, off topic, but it's okay. Better to have fun thrown into the politics and mudslinging)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2015, 02:16:55 AM »

If Uzu wins I think I'll start referring it to the 'Hidden Fire-Crotch Village' from then on. Not necessarily an insult, more of a joke.

The carpet do match the drapes. ;)

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2015, 02:19:43 AM »

true enough bec ol man
gobby out!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.