Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32152 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Poll: Biju Rules
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »

The questsion and options speak for what the poll is about. In short, recent discussions have suggested that an alteration to the biju rules (dramatic), getting rid of them altogether, or removal of them from play is in order. While I will not go at length into the discussion here, much of it can be found in this thread:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8553.0.html

The poll as of right now has been set to run for 14 days, two weeks. Thus, the poll will be running from 9/9 till about 9/23. Everyone gets only one vote, which they are allowed to change (in case minds are changed as this poll continues). The results of the poll will only be shown once the poll has expired, so other than reading commentary the end results of the poll will largely be unknown until about 9/23.

To expand upon the options and the implications for the sake of those not caught up (or do not have the time to be going through the other thread) to which others are welcome to elaborate on as well:

1) Amend the rules. The major problems have been between interpretation of the rules and the conflict with RP ideologies. Naturally then, the two major calls for amendment have been to radically alter the rules by elaboration (granting more detail to lessen ambiguity) or by reduction (getting rid of many of the rules, leaving only the bare minimum, the rest being covered by various RP standards). The two have not been split apart because both seek to amend the rules rather than get rid of them entirely.

2)Abolish the biju rules entirely. This means that there are no over-arching rules governing the tailed beasts other than RP standards, which can vary from place to place, host to host. The tailed beasts are not public commodities which need overarching regulation and control under this option. They are, in essence, claimed items that can be taken and lost in a similar fashion (think canon claimed items).

3) Abolish the biju system altogether. There have been calls for this made in the past numerous times, but despite the heartache and headaches, it has never seem to have been implemented, likely due to many either feeling that the beasts are useful for RP or have a personal IC connection with the beast. Here, the idea of a biju system is nulled, and no one can necessarily claim to have a tailed beast. This does not mean that there are not those who will continue to RP with tailed beasts, but their presence is not necessarily acknowledged by other parties.

--------------------------------------------

I ask that this topic be kept focused on the poll and its logical discussion for as long as possible.
Though discouraged for difficulty of verification and tracking, if you are making a vote for someone who does not wish to make a forum account or does not have one, please state that clearly and in some bold way (larger font, colors, etc. no more than two please) as those will have to be added to the totals at the end of the poll.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »

I voted for amend the rules. I think it would be easy to just get rid of the IC hunt part. It is pretty obvious from what I've seen lately that the IC hunt aspect is the part giving the most problems. If you want to do a completely IC rp to find the host than you can do that but then you've got no bijuu rules protecting you because you are no longer doing a challenge.

You challenge someone, you guys agree on the preferences, extra rules, fight, and then it's done. You can put whatever you choose to put on the line if you want a deathmatch but this weird "I'm hunting you you have to let me find you IC." rp is just unwieldy and I think it has to go.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:47:44 PM »

I voted to amend the rules.

I think a host should be able to decide if the wish to have either an IC hunt, in which case I believe a list of challengers no longer applies and the standard 5 base RP rules kick into gear, OR to accept challengers for an OOC match, in which case a list of challengers would be in order.

Note to Eric: The tally of votes is not showing up for me. Have you chosen an option to hide the results or is this a glitch in the poll? Usually after a person votes the tally is then revealed.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »

I voted for amend the rules. I think it would be easy to just get rid of the IC hunt part. It is pretty obvious from what I've seen lately that the IC hunt aspect is the part giving the most problems. If you want to do a completely IC rp to find the host than you can do that but then you've got no bijuu rules protecting you because you are no longer doing a challenge.

You challenge someone, you guys agree on the preferences, extra rules, fight, and then it's done. You can put whatever you choose to put on the line if you want a deathmatch but this weird "I'm hunting you you have to let me find you IC." rp is just unwieldy and I think it has to go.

Yeah, back to the Old Rules. Bijuu challenges, ALL OOC. We all know there were 100 million billion less problems with those old rules.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:25:07 PM »

Preferably gone. Amending just sounds like an attempt of same few people to try force something else as nonsensical and abusable on others.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:03:22 PM »

Amend.

Change everything to the bare minimum, but leave no ambiguity.

All hunts are IC, but you must remain active and make is possible for people to find you. Void lists can be discussed on a case by case basis as well as judges if they are needed.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »

I vote abolish the rules save for inactivity.

This way, the jinchūriki is free to decide whether the matter is OOC or IC without being forced into an underisable situation.

Remember: Bijū are suppose to be difficult to obtain and master. Foremost, they are sentient, living chakra creatures. To some, they are the epitome of power. Either way, the jinchūriki of the beast is *generally* well respected and liked. Especially when associated with a village. They are not meant to be easily plucked from the bosom of a community.

However, that does NOT imply that each jinchūriki will hide away in a village to allude combat. Some welcome challengers with open arms and ready minds. Others will resort to simple OOC challenges because (s)he wants to continue RP
elsewhere.

Saddling them with all these rules and regulations just to appease a would be challenger is ridiculous.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »

Amend the rules.

The system isn't broken, but it does need some fixing up here and there.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »

I vote to amend them, honestly.
Despite how much I said I want them gone.

I also once said that Jinchuuriki have too much freedom. >> And destroying the rules gives them ALL the freedom xD
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 02:03:17 AM »

Void. It's the only true solution to get rid of the problems they cause.

Rules want help as people will break them. There are no set rp rules at SL and never will be. Freedom would just cause people to complain they are being cheated do to a lack of rules. So void em from your so called "Official" rp.

Hell just void this aspect of "Official" rp.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 02:20:52 AM »

I vote for Amend.

No IC Hunts and make all of the challenges OOC.
It's simple, easy, and everyone gets a chance.

Of course, Bijuu are difficult to obtain but they should be easy to find.

Generally, everyone wants to use examples from the Naruto series to their benefit but then when another is used against them, they pull the "SL is not Naruto" card. You can't have your cake and eat it too. >.>

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:39 AM »

I vote for Amend.

Generally, everyone wants to use examples from the Naruto series to their benefit but then when another is used against them, they pull the "SL is not Naruto" card. You can't have your cake and eat it too. >.>

That's a blatant lie. I work at a bakery, so I could actually have my cake, and then eat more cake that also belongs to me, so I am eating my cake while having it at the same time. Get rekt M8.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 03:23:26 AM »

I vote for Amend.

That's a blatant lie. I work at a bakery, so I could actually have my cake, and then eat more cake that also belongs to me, so I am eating my cake while having it at the same time. Get rekt M8.

Except it's the companies Cake, so...It's more like, having someone else's cake, and eating it too. Just makes you the dick.

"Happy Birthday! Time for cake honey! :D What's that? Now who ate the cake?!" You see where this is going.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 04:10:56 AM »

Yeah Rusaku, you're eating the company's cake, but good job going off-topic though. >.>

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 05:16:21 AM »

Well, I'd like to amend the rules. Completely abolishing the bijuu would likely bring more strife, as it would just create a cascading effect of people finding something else to argue over and claim. Then we'll have discussions(arguments) on those things as well and will eventually spiral down onto a topic like this regarding the next thing.

The inactivity rule should really stay, because what's the point of having these 'key' RP tools if the people in charge of them go ghost or only post once every Rosh Hashanah. In those instances, it should be handled as fairly as possible as no one 'dies' and whatever organization that the user was currently in would be given the choice of succession. If in no organizations, then maybe last village they posted in will have charge of it.

But I also think that Bijuu shouldn't be used for only OOC because that would be really boring. I understand that there's plenty of people who just want to use it for OOC battles, and that's cool too. More power to you. But if someone gets a bijuu can find to utilize it in an interesting way via RP, then they should be allowed to.

But I also understand the difficulty of actually hunting when you're trying to go the IC route. It can take a very long time with the way some RP goes (like myself, when I log on I check to see what I need to update and post accordingly if I have time. But not all people do the same) which might be detrimental for the hunter if the holder states they'll be IC only. But that shouldn't make it impossible. Perhaps, in the case where someone wants to be hunted IC, a 'judge' can be selected to actually act as a GM that would bring the hunter and hunted together. Or you could try to be sneaky and become friends with the bijuu and hunt them or something like that. In those situations, it'd be a case-by-case basis as to what happens.

Or maybe if you decide to be an RPer with your bijuu, you would have to accept IC hunting proposals. If you want to just have the bijuu for OOC fights, then you'll stay OOC. I dunno, just a possible suggestion.

But the most important rule should be that we all remember to have fun. Hopefully we can stop with the mud-slinging in the future.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Page created in 1.076 seconds with 23 queries.