Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 31876 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

I honestly have no idea what still makes you think you can try force anybody to follow what you say, much less the whole RPer base.

Similarly amusing is how people expected there was going to be any kind of an unanimous consensus regardless of the poll result to begin with.

Amending the rules would have made them sound less stupid on paper, but there'd still have been people who try abuse them to harass hosts to all hell or just not following them at all, along with the same few who want nothing to do with the whole circus. So really, nothing would change in the end.

Removing the rules would have removed the ability of would be challengers to harass the hosts with forum accusations of rule breaks et cetera, up until the point someone would have started clamoring 'no this is stupid we need rules again'. In short, a little while of freedom, up until the same few people on their high horses started raving about their self-proclaimed authority again, and we'd be back where we started.

Voiding the bijuu would have done the opposite and removed the ability of hosts to try force anyone to acknowledge anything they do regarding the beasts, and that's it really. Say for example some village unanimously decided to void, and a host who doesn't visits later? If said host wants to play with someone in there, the beast can't be used for anything during the stay. Then after they leave, they're free to do whatever the hell they want again. Or if a host tried to attack? Sure, but any powers stemming from the beast would be effectively null.

Or if that sounded too complex, I'll put it simpler. If you want to void the beasts, you can. If you don't want to void them, you don't have to. If a host tries to get up your face, you can report them for harassment. If you try get up the face of a host/non-voider with "no you can't do that they don't exist", they can report you for harassment.

Edit: This thread should also be locked, there's really no point to all this anymore.
At this point Warren, I'm inclined to beleive that this is to be how things will end up. Considering the almost poetic results of the post, and how they represent how divided our community really is, I truly doubt any rulings can be made that make everyone happy. Such is life.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2015, 06:20:22 PM »

I honestly have no idea what still makes you think you can try force anybody to follow what you say, much less the whole RPer base...

Pretty funny coming from the guy who GM'd a zombie attack on Konoha and took offense when some took your "GM rules or else" approach the wrong way.

...Similarly amusing is how people expected there was going to be any kind of an unanimous consensus regardless of the poll result to begin with...

I don't think anyone expected an unanimous decision. Just a decision, even if by one vote. The tie is by the hard vote, and yet, when a tiebreaker of the hard vote by a single non-forum vote is not in the favor of the amend the rules, you get practically complete and utter ignoring of it.

I should not be surprised though, the same may have well would have happened had it been the other way around.

...Removing the rules would have removed the ability of would be challengers to harass the hosts with forum accusations of rule breaks et cetera, up until the point someone would have started clamoring 'no this is stupid we need rules again'. In short, a little while of freedom, up until the same few people on their high horses started raving about their self-proclaimed authority again, and we'd be back where we started...

The self-proclaimed authority to break the rules that all hosts and hunters agreed to follow (implicitly or explicitly) is what started this mess. Don't act like the hunters were the bad guys and the hosts were the good guys, because that's a blatant zebra stripe painting of a grey issue.

...Voiding the bijuu would have done the opposite and removed the ability of hosts to try force anyone to acknowledge anything they do regarding the beasts, and that's it really. Say for example some village unanimously decided to void, and a host who doesn't visits later? If said host wants to play with someone in there, the beast can't be used for anything during the stay. Then after they leave, they're free to do whatever the hell they want again. Or if a host tried to attack? Sure, but any powers stemming from the beast would be effectively null...

I think you are kind of confused about what this poll was trying to do. If the void the biju option would have been chosen, all tailed beasts would have been effectively voided. Much like people who claim to be THE six paths would no longer be taken seriously, people still RPing with tailed beasts would not be taken too seriously. Any claims of beast powers on any "official" level would be null and void, and any disagreement regarding them considered irrelevant.

Sure, maybe on the local level there would be continued usage of the beasts for a time, but local issues have rarely made it to the forum, and with good reason. It's the not so local issues with the beasts that plagued this forum (and the site) time and time again.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »

I'm not even surprised Rusaku gets it, while you're still blind as a bat and keep turning to the same old insult at every turn. Be careful you don't drown in all that salt man.

Yeah this thing should definitely be locked.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.