Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32131 times)

Murciélago/Bryantheexiled

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »

I voted for Voiding as for reasons... Well i've posted them in several other topics already..
1.It promotes RP < the main thing i hear from people> Yeah so it does... and then almost every time we're here arguing about it. So why promote RP when it's gonna cause fighting and issues and people getting angry over every single thing..

2. Personally i just don't like them, sorry but most of SL even back then in the old 2005 and now was mostly just Custom stuff people enjoying their game without a care in the world.. then dark times came and the word PERMA-DEAD arose... oh no.... then we included the bijuu when they got accepted into the SL world, then i hate to say it but then a large influx of cannon things just started popping up more... it went from every wanting to be their own thing to thousands of minato's or naruto's or sasukes everywhere...so i'd rather just see it gone. So people won't have a unlimited power source... big whoop it was what 9 people? who sometimes kept it for more then a few months before others got it.... I mean really out of all the owners of the bijuu how many actually got to enjoy a stress less no bs moment after their grace period died out. (a few)

3. Just void them out... i hate to say it but really the only people who want them are challengers who don't really know who much their lives are gonna get hounded after they get them... Owners who have them now.. and people who are gonna get hounded but make people bend backwards so far their spines will look like their rising out the ground.

Welp.. there's my reason. Vote option 3 for me
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:45:02 PM by Murciélago/Bryantheexiled »

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 06:57:56 PM »

It's to prevent voter fraud. I could easily rack up the votes for amending the rules by 10 or 20 if I wanted to, if we're making all votes anonymous. Even with the spam-prevention that the forum has, it's very easily do-able if someone feels strongly about their choice and is willing to put enough time into it.

Looks like I need to go to the federal government and demand that all voters must explain their choice when they vote at next year's election then. <.<;

You do realize how silly it absolutely is to just cast aside someone's vote simply because they don't "explain" their choice.

Not to mention, this poll was Eric's creation. You don't have jurisdiction to dictate whose vote counts and whose doesn't. Until Eric amends his post to force the voters to post their explanation, this entire debate is null and void.
Well the federal government does try to make sure that voter fraud doesn't happen. Some states, including my own, instill voter ID laws to prevent such. Some people may complain about it, but if they truly feel strong about being able to vote, then it shouldn't be a problem to register for their ID. I got mine, and I haven't even used it at all. It's literally been collecting dust in my room.

A few votes can tip the balance one way or another. But Eric did say this in the opening post.

I ask that this topic be kept focused on the poll and its logical discussion for as long as possible.
Though discouraged for difficulty of verification and tracking, if you are making a vote for someone who does not wish to make a forum account or does not have one, please state that clearly and in some bold way (larger font, colors, etc. no more than two please) as those will have to be added to the totals at the end of the poll.
That's why I was counting the votes in replies to this thread as well. As far as I could tell, no proxy-votes have been voiced in any replies so far.[/color]

Alright, I can agree with this. My state also asks for identification before voting.

That portion of his speech is explicitly and solely only for proxy votes. You can't vote on this poll if you don't have an account.

The others have accounts and voted.

However, I will desist in pestering about it.

I just, personally, think it's silly that we have to have an explanation just to give a vote. I wasn't even going to post an explanation at all because they are self-explanatory choices that you're choosing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:58:59 PM by Dāto Terumī »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2015, 07:43:44 PM »

Two way street? Perhaps so Kage. I want say it isn't. But I'll say this. Entering the official rp style is probably just not worth the time for these people. I mean would you want to talk to a group of people who do nothing but fight among themselves about everything? Plus whether you admit t or not this community is pushy.

If someone post on a board and it doesn't follow what is seen fit they get blasted and all kinds of junk. We have made it so taboo that its probably quite scary for those outside. I mean they are thinking 'lord do I dare make a move and have to listen to all the bs and bashing that goes on in that group?'

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

At the very least it would be helpful to explain your vote if you want to amend the rules, since that could be very nearly anything. And if that wins and then no one knows what we want to amend them to then it's just going to take that much longer to sort them out.

As for Uetto I can see, even having been here just a short time, that there are people like you speak of. Power hungry and the like. That being said there are also people who are not like that. I've had no issue with my bijuu fight with Eiko, meanwhile other people can not even successfully do the IC hunt aspect of the rp.

I don't think they need to be universally voided because the current system is not universally failing.

If the original system was flawless and everyone had fun all the time then why on god's green earth was it changed? Just a massive case of fixing something that isn't broken so much you ruin it?

You are saying you want to void them because the system is faulty but the way you're arguing it makes it seem more like it is the people at fault than the system, which I agree with. As a system I don't think the current rules are broken, but they are faulty to a point where people can take advantage of them, and have been, thus this discussion.

Honestly I think a complete void of the bijuu and the rules could cause just as much fracturing as keeping both of them. People who "officially" have a beast will probably not want to accept the people who "unofficially" claim one. What if 9 guys get together and claim to have all 9 bujuu and go around attacking villages with them? Will other Jinchuriki of the same beast fight them? Will they just be voided?

It seems to be that telling people to just rp whatever they want is more likely to cause people splitting into many various groups each with their own "official" set of the rules than amending the rules or voiding just the rules, at this point.  From the way you describe it the community is already at least divided into two groups. The people who do not follow the rules and regulations of the forum and those that do. So I would think the end result of what you propose would just cause the pro forum group to fracture further, as we all clearly do not all get along with each other, which is the opposite of what you want.

Not having to rp with people you don't like is great UNLESS you don't like anyone at all. Group A doesn't like Group B and doesn't rp with them and vice verse. But Group C has no problem with either and rp's with both. Well now Group A and B aren't going to accept rp from group C that happens as a result of rp with their rival group, so now BOTH groups are voiding group C, you get what I'm getting at? Only there will likely be more groups and a much more complicated web of voids.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Razvan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »

I voted for voiding them for reasons that had already been stated in this thread by other people.

I could quote them,but i don't really see the reason of repeating things and i only posted so my vote will count..

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »

I vote to void them, as they cause too many issues. It would make life slightly nicer for a time.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 01:27:49 AM »

So are any other people who have already voted, like myself, having trouble seeing the tally of votes and number of people who have voted too? Is something wrong with the poll, or is this just another joy of using google chrome?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 01:30:09 AM »

So are any other people who have already voted, like myself, having trouble seeing the tally of votes and number of people who have voted too? Is something wrong with the poll, or is this just another joy of using google chrome?

Eric intentionally guarded voters/non-voters from seeing the results. For what reason, I don't remember, but if you skim through the thread, he posted his explanation.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 01:30:55 AM »

Though it was immediately defeated by Kage listing the results so far.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 01:50:26 AM »

I voted to remove biju all-together. Even if there was set rules the power hungry few would use these rules in their favor or find loopholes around said rules. Which in turn will cause more forum argument threads just removing them all together will lift one of the many things that is wrong with SL RPing.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 02:00:13 AM »

Or, guys, work with me here...

Why don't we just have a second Bijuu Council? .-.

For those of you youngins that don't even know what that is, you know the wonderful rules that we use for Bijuu? Well, while originally made by Raifudo, there came a time when a select handful of people(selected by the masses) hashed out the more updated rules we use today.

And it work perfectly.

So, why don't we just do that again?

The Jinchuuriki would be on the council by default, or so I would think, and then a select few others as well. We could even vote for said people like before >_>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 05:34:09 AM »

... And it work perfectly...

I don't know about "perfectly".

My mistake, it is in the title of the poll not his post. "plz comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting."

Eric would never type like that when he is being official. That was only added recently then. The poll has been tampered.

I apologize Dato, I did indeed get sloppy (since the title for the poll was starting to get long and it was pretty early in the morning/late at night when I was making this) I will change it at once. However, I did say "please", so it was more of a request than a demand. Nothing elaborate is really needed for an explanation in order for a vote to be considered "explained". You don't have to go all out on it, just drop a quick word or two to get the point across.

Though it was immediately defeated by Kage listing the results so far.

Not really, you yourself can count the commentary (if you want to go through the thread and tally). Again, the votes for the poll are changeable so there is no need to get too hung up on the counts as of yet.

You guys do relies three months from now we will have the same conversation again right? The biju simply don't work because of the fact everyone is so power hungry at this site they would rather be unfair then play nice...

We won't have to have this discussion again in three months if we just void the biju altogether. A vote to void the biju is a vote to put SL back in the right direction.

#VoidBiju2015, follow us on SLF (Shinobilegends Forum).  8)

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2015, 06:12:22 AM »

Does SL really need the Bijuu in rp anymore? I mean at this stage in the game, people have claimed other skills that far surpass Bijuu techniques and everyone pretty much has a deep chakra pool. 
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »

Does SL really need the Bijuu in rp anymore? I mean at this stage in the game, people have claimed other skills that far surpass Bijuu techniques and everyone pretty much has a deep chakra pool.
Have you never wanted to ride a Tailed Beast like a horse? Or even launch multiple Tailed Beast Balls for landscaping purposes? It's going to be the goal of my Naruko to free Kurama and treat him like a giant size-changing fox companion/mount/summon. But for now, I'll have to get on my knees to beg for a spot to sign the Fox contract.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2015, 06:36:50 AM »

In my opinion not really. I don't see them holding any meaning for IC purpose.

If they aren't void altogether, like I voted, then I think they should be nothing more than OOC trophies of sort. Not a IC thing that effect rp but rather strictly OOC. I think that'd make them much more simple to 'handle' than IC.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.