Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32768 times)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 06:46:42 AM »

None of this OOC trophies but not really IC bullshit >.> That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

We either keep them all the way or get rid of them all the way.

If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:00 AM »

None of this OOC trophies but not really IC bullshit >.> That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

We either keep them all the way or get rid of them all the way.

Then get rid of them.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »

Let's get rid of 'em.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 07:34:04 AM »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 07:37:57 AM »

I still think if they're gotten rid of, something else will lead to more strife. Not only that, but what everyone says on the forums isn't the law of the land. There's plenty of people who are competent RPers that don't ever come to this place. Even if people here decide to abolish or keep the bijuu, people will still choose to use them if they want. In those cases, if you don't want to play with someone who uses them, just don't play with them.

But then we have the issue Deathstroke brought up, of segregation in RP. So in the end, this seems to be a lose-lose situation where no one ends up happy in the end lol If only we could all have fun.

But I still believe there's a lot of custom stuff that kind of make bijuu not that valuable. Characters that are basically gods even without bijuu. I still stand by the fact that I think that the quality of bijuu players depends on the people actually playing them and their attitudes. But that can be applied to anything, really.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 07:45:04 AM »

I've seen lots of people today that I haven't seen on the forum at all too. So it seems like a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork to void the bijuu. I don't know why. Like I said that seems like the worst option to me because it is the one that will further segregate the community the most. Maybe there is just built up vitriol over the bijuu I didn't experience though.

Seems like it is going to be between amending the rules and voiding everything at this point.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »

^ That is what getting rid of the Bijuu is as an option.

It literally won't solve anything, it'll probably actually cause more problems, if anything, and is the cheapest and easiest way out.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2015, 01:46:54 PM »

It literally won't solve anything, it'll probably actually cause more problems, if anything, and is the cheapest and easiest way out.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »

Welcome to Merica, we loves cheap and easy.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2015, 06:22:14 PM »

As much hassle as it is, I think at the very least before the current challengers get their chance to have/finish their matches...you know as well as I that some of these people have been waiting forever to get their turn at bat...well, that is just wrong.

And to throw the baby out with the wash water just because we can't seem to get along and come up with a good solution seems lame as can be to me.

I think to void them now is just going to cause more problems in the long run and further divide us into which host we acknowledge and which ones we do not. Because, you know...people will not stop claiming them just because everyone around them couldn't seem to deal with the whole IC/OOC issue.

I feel that this will potentially take a few pieces of broken glass and further shatter it into a glitter bomb.

Just amend the rules, keep it simple. And anyone who can't seem to deal with conflict nicely and creates a rabid-flamming-personal-hate-filled mess is absolutely denied access/stripped/banned from bijuu participation for 6 months. We need to decrease community sanctioning of such behavior that only further complicates and promotes drama and division over the issue on and off the site.

It is beyond my comprehension to understand or believe that now, that we collectively are so much older and mature than we were when the bijuu were first introduced, that we cannot manage to figure this out without throwing it away altogether.

I think it is time to look at ourselves as those little league parents who bicker and name call over stuff our children could care less about, ruining things for everyone when the kids just want to play and have fun. Surely we can be better than that!

Also due to the wording of some people's posts, it is unclear if they are voiding the rules or the bijuu. It may have been more concise to request people just say which option they voted for, to prevent ballot stuffing, and then once a decision was made which way to jump, hash out the details --should amending the rules be the consensus.

I also notice that not all of the hosts have even voted. I for one will not stand for 'US' making a decision for people who are the most involved without their agreed upon recognition and participation in this process.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:47:17 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »

We are not really taking the problem and moving it somewhere else. If the "Death to the Twins" thread is proof of anything, it is proof that we are only removing one of the many problems that we have around here, not merely shoving the issue somewhere else.

Some hosts unwilling to give anyone a fair (an arbitrary and ambiguous term it seems) chance at the beast started this latest arc of "let's get rid of tailed beasts", along with the reaction from certain challengers to it. The tailed beasts should not be as easy as a drop of a coin to obtain, but at the same time, they should not have been as impossible as certain claimed items either to get a even a shot at it.

... Just amend the rules, keep it simple. And anyone who can't seem to deal with conflict nicely and creates a rabid-flamming-personal-hate-filled mess is absolutely denied access/stripped/banned from bijuu participation for 6 months. We need to decrease community sanctioning of such behavior that only further complicates and promotes drama and division over the issue on and off the site...

That's funny, wrong-doing involving RP (especially tailed beasts) often is not challenged around here without a rabid-flaming-personal-hate-filled mess from my experience. I feel I need not bring up examples both recent and in the past of this, but when "good" people do nothing, "evil" people prevail. I put "good" and "evil" in quotes because it is clearly a matter of who's side you're on when it comes to who is right and who is wrong.

...I also notice that not all of the hosts have even voted. I for one will not stand for 'US' making a decision for people who are the most involved without their agreed upon recognition and participation in this process.

It is still early, plenty of time for them to give their input.

I've seen lots of people today that I haven't seen on the forum at all too. So it seems like a lot of people are coming out of the woodwork to void the bijuu. I don't know why. Like I said that seems like the worst option to me because it is the one that will further segregate the community the most. Maybe there is just built up vitriol over the bijuu I didn't experience though...

Let's put this into perspective. Most of the time, the biju are RP'ed either as internal companions or not at all outside of combat. As far as non-combat is concerned, there will be little to no divsion, because the tailed beasts rarely affect other players IC outside of combat.

It is during combat where we have the most problems with people agreeing, and it is during combat where you will indeed see some division. Those who void the biju will void any claims to tailed beast assistance and power (which few rely on anyways nowadays) while those who don't will accept it. Already you have in various camps people who will jump to void and invalidate stuff just because it's against their local view of what is good RP.

Getting rid of the tailed beasts will neither change that nor exasperate that.

...Not only that, but what everyone says on the forums isn't the law of the land. There's plenty of people who are competent RPers that don't ever come to this place...

Last I checked at least 3/4 of the total jinchurikii, since the latest round of rules was brought up to amend the situation, have had forum accounts (regardless of overall forum activity). Therefore it seems reasonable to assume that most of the people who have a stake in the fate of the tailed beasts will trend towards people who at the very least have a forum account and are capable of putting their input into this matter one way or another.

...It is beyond my comprehension to understand or believe that now, that we collectively are so much older and mature than we were when the bijuu were first introduced, that we cannot manage to figure this out without throwing it away altogether...

Kay, you have surely been here long enough to see that we have been trying to figure this out for years now, amendment after amendment, system change after system change. SL RPers wanting to have fun even at the expense of other RPers has fractured the effectiveness each and every single time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »

Regardless of how the votes go I am considering voiding the beast personally no matter what. It'll probably mean I'll have to ignore most of the people at SL rp wise but I'm cool with that really.

Razvan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2015, 12:16:48 AM »

Sorry to come out of the woodwork,but i don't really see how voiding them could cause more problems/fights than there are already. If anything,i think trying and voiding them for a few months to see how things work is the best option.

The rules have changed so many times and yet,here we are again,with most people voting to change them,again...it just sounds like the perfect definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Than again,that is my opinion,the majority will decide what happens.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »

I didn't say it was cause more fights, though I do think others said we'd find something else to fight over. My point was it would just fracture the community into yet further smaller groups.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Razvan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2015, 01:24:37 AM »

What smaller groups?

The way i see it,there have,maybe,always been 2 groups,those that like the bijuu and those that don't.
If the voiding option passes,they only group related change is that some might switch "camp" and those that disliked the bijuu would have it their way for the first time...Unless maybe you refer to the people that might still use them even if they are voided? That's just down to personal preferences,i for one dislike some of the filler jutsus that are on the claimed list and wouldn't want to continue to RP with someone using them in a fight.But nobody can force anyone on how to RP here,so yeah...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 19 queries.