Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32531 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2015, 02:53:34 AM »

I, honestly, am tired with how many fights and threads I see for the bijuu there are.

It's most likely the number 1 topic going around. Amending the rules can fix a lot of issues, sure, but good luck getting someone to agree on a set of rules. Not only that, but good luck dealing with future unforeseen(!) instances where more changes must be made. Keep in mind, we're where we are now with the rules because of situations arising we didn't consider.

There was initially a set of rules we all agreed on or, at least, accepted for a foundation. And here we are, years later still arguing about them and wanting change.

There will always be issues in SL, but at least getting rid of the bijuu removes a strong cause of them.

If amending the rules comes out on top, I will gladly help with it how I can like I did before. If removing the bijuu from use goes through, then I can help with the story to do so.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:15 AM »

I don't think voiding them will solve much. Very little actually because the way I see it; it will be just the same old same old. There will rise a group of people (like me admittingly) who will just RP with those who still want the Bijuu in play. Those who don't want them will simply ignore us and vice versa on that specific matter, but it will come to when our RPs will butt heads and a forum topic will be made that won't solve anything. (Very optimistic I know) But the real problem is just getting along, Bijuu or not, you think problems on this site will just vanish? The major difference between now and back on '05 was that everyone treated this like a game.

Its like alcohol prohibition in the U.S., the people who wanted alcohol (or in this case "power hungry people" or what have you)  didn't sit there and say, "Oh theres a rule that says we can't.." they went out and found ways to get it. If its not Bijuu, it'll be things equivalent.  Its putting a band-aid on a wound that needs disinfectant. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:47 AM »

I don't think voiding them will solve much. Very little actually because the way I see it; it will be just the same old same old. There will rise a group of people (like me admittingly) who will just RP with those who still want the Bijuu in play. Those who don't want them will simply ignore us and vice versa on that specific matter, but it will come to when our RPs will butt heads and a forum topic will be made that won't solve anything...

Well, if you know how to actually ignore people, then at no point will the RP's butt heads. You don't ignore people by RPing with them. If a forum topic is made about something like that (Neji forbid a site-wide RP war, unlikely to occur I might add, where many parties are "forced" to RP with each other in order to wage the war) then the majority of the RP rules on that one. If most of the people in that RP void biju, no biju, and vice versa. Not pleased with that result? Leave the RP.

There is no reason for a forum topic to be made, because when those RP's clash, there are some pretty options:

A) Biju don't exist, biju party cannot use biju power, end of story

B) Stop RPing with each other if you can't settle on a middle ground. End of story.

There would no longer be any public commodities, so there would be no reason to force a compromise if the parties are unwilling.

... Its putting a band-aid on a wound that needs disinfectant.

It is usually frowned upon to disinfect players, and though I would recommend Bleach, that would probably kill the site and get SL moderators on the warpath. Just sayin', one player's fun is another's misery, though a trusted judge between parties that mediates all disputes might be a good stitch.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2015, 06:38:33 AM »

So, I'm pretty sure people have multiple accounts on the forum... so how does them posting in the topic act as "a safeguard against multi-account voting"? Just curious if a moderator will take into account alt forum accounts when it comes to tallying the votes.

I voted to void the bijuu. I do kind of like Dart's idea in the other topic, but I mainly agree with what people have mentioned previously regarding the headache and troubles. Raifudo made a good point that people are complaining about the rules and will likely do so in the future if they're amended too -- there's always gonna be stuff people disagree upon... it's just part of "group work". There's gotta be compromises, but, I really don't think everyone will come to an agreement on one thing, let alone a whole set of rules... SL folk are usually the people who don't do well with compromising (I've seen it).

So, yeah, guess that's my vote.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2015, 07:34:20 AM »

So, I'm pretty sure people have multiple accounts on the forum... so how does them posting in the topic act as "a safeguard against multi-account voting"? Just curious if a moderator will take into account alt forum accounts when it comes to tallying the votes...

It would be easier to tell alt accounts from written posts (however short or long) than from faceless ballots.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2015, 07:36:57 AM »

So, I'm pretty sure people have multiple accounts on the forum... so how does them posting in the topic act as "a safeguard against multi-account voting"? Just curious if a moderator will take into account alt forum accounts when it comes to tallying the votes...

It would be easier to tell alt accounts from written posts (however short or long) than from faceless ballots.
IPs and emails can be seen as well.

But really, there's going to be a problem attached to every end of the three choices. People just need to learn that they will come up, and that they'll need to be properly dealt with.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:04 AM »

alts...it stands to reason that if they would do that to fraud the vote then they would also be efficient enough to post a reply as well.

as for IPS? well you do have legitimate members all living in the same house, so that is not a guarantee they are the same person. sometimes you just have to be more trusting and take the best that comes along.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »

alts...it stands to reason that if they would do that to fraud the vote then they would also be efficient enough to post a reply as well...

Well, let's at least make 'em work a little eh? ;P

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

Forgot to post that I voted for the "amendment" option. :oops:

Quote from: Raifool
I, honestly, am tired with how many fights and threads I see for the bijuu there are.

It's most likely the number 1 topic going around. Amending the rules can fix a lot of issues, sure, but good luck getting someone to agree on a set of rules. Not only that, but good luck dealing with future unforeseen(!) instances where more changes must be made. Keep in mind, we're where we are now with the rules because of situations arising we didn't consider.

There was initially a set of rules we all agreed on or, at least, accepted for a foundation. And here we are, years later still arguing about them and wanting change.

There will always be issues in SL, but at least getting rid of the bijuu removes a strong cause of them.

If amending the rules comes out on top, I will gladly help with it how I can like I did before. If removing the bijuu from use goes through, then I can help with the story to do so.

As much as I am inclined to agree with you, I feel that 'character death' is more of an issue on here then the bijuus.  :cool:
As much of a vicious cycle the bijuu may be, at least the cycle always come full circle--users each get a fair and equal chance(?) at the process of becoming a Jinchuuriki. (It would greatly help if users stop being jerks to each other and handle their bijuu issues in an adult-like manner)

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2015, 10:33:02 PM »

As much as I am inclined to agree with you, I feel that 'character death' is more of an issue on here then the bijuus.  :cool:
As much of a vicious cycle the bijuu may be, at least the cycle always come full circle--users each get a fair and equal chance(?) at the process of becoming a Jinchuuriki. (It would greatly help if users stop being jerks to each other and handle their bijuu issues in an adult-like manner)

Man if you think character death is a problem now, wait a month after the Biju actually get voided. Then we will see where the real problem lies.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:30 PM »

I hope it's not my elaborate ninja timeshare scam. :oops:
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:55 PM »

Man if you think character death is a problem now, wait a month after the Biju actually get voided. Then we will see where the real problem lies.

Sadly, I already know where the real problem lies. :oops: It's us and our inability to get along with each other at reasonable level.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2015, 12:08:54 AM »

Sadly, I already know where the real problem lies. :oops: It's us and our inability to get along with each other at reasonable level.

No need to try and hide your opinion with smaller text xD It's common knowledge that opposing sides have an incredibly difficult time getting along with one another. That's more of a character flaw for our entire species as opposed to just SL.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2015, 05:05:15 AM »

I voted abolish all Bijuu rules and the bijuu as well. If all people wanna do is complain and argue about they want this or that, then no one should have them. I'm sorry, but this simply my strict opinion that bijuu probably never should have been implemented. I dealt with the insecurity of all this and found that no matter what might happen in life, either expected or unexpected, you can't even get a sigh of relief without someone wanting to strip you.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:46 AM »

So far this looks like a tie. Go figure.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.