Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea  (Read 19438 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 01:01:06 AM »

You can't "kill" a beast. It'll always reform after a while.

That's my point. How do we handle that? Does the best forget everything like that old theory with the Sanbi? Does it magically reappear in the village? How long do we wait? So on.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 01:13:18 AM »

Well, if they get killed during a conflict/RP, why not just let them reform after the event concludes? Can't really put a time constraint on it considering different RPs take different amounts of time. Some may be blazed through in a week while others could take months. It's one of those things that's kind of an unknown considering the volatility of the RP here.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 02:54:37 AM »

Well, if they get killed during a conflict/RP, why not just let them reform after the event concludes? Can't really put a time constraint on it considering different RPs take different amounts of time. Some may be blazed through in a week while others could take months. It's one of those things that's kind of an unknown considering the volatility of the RP here.

That works for me.

Even if we wanted to enforce the death of a summon like in the series, people would find any way to avoid it. So auto respawn at death I don't mind.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 05:06:37 AM »

I like this idea overall.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »

I'm conflicted as to which way to go on this.

It gives the canon villages a lot more power, and the village kages even more, since it could give them the authority to RP out their personality.

But then there could be complaints about how the Eight Tails' Tailed Beast Ball can completely overpower the Two Tails', over the argument of more tails meaning more power. If anything, I would treat mine more as a mascot for merchandise. And maybe for some ceremonial traveling or parades, if Kokuo would really be going to my village. But I would definitely be more wary of cloppers than ever.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 07:58:20 AM »

But then there could be complaints about how the Eight Tails' Tailed Beast Ball can completely overpower the Two Tails', over the argument of more tails meaning more power. If anything, I would treat mine more as a mascot for merchandise. And maybe for some ceremonial traveling or parades, if Kokuo would really be going to my village. But I would definitely be more wary of cloppers than ever.

I mentioned a middle ground where we just put all the beasts at the same level regardless of tails. That way no village is inherently better than another because they lucked out with the 'better' beast.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »

... But I would definitely be more wary of cloppers than ever.

Resistance is futile, rule 34 takes no prisoners and spares no innocents.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 02:35:43 AM »

I mentioned a middle ground where we just put all the beasts at the same level regardless of tails. That way no village is inherently better than another because they lucked out with the 'better' beast.

Which is something I also agree with for Kage's exact concern.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 05:52:21 AM »

To put it simple I don't like this idea.... mainly just because.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »

Bump

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »

I actually really like this idea. It's a great way of fostering roleplay. I think we should allow the beasts to gift people chakra or teach them abilities. This just gives some of the newer roleplayers more of an incentive to interact with them, and allows us to do more with the biju themselves.

I also second Bec's suggestion that we should make all the tailed beasts the same level if we do do this.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:14 AM »

I liked this idea originally and I still do :)

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 02:56:27 AM »

I have a few questions thou;

1)  Will the current hosts/summoners be forced to give up and "enshrine" their Bijuu at their village, or hand it to the village that was listed?

2) The Nibi doesn't have a village assigned, so does the current host/summoner gets to keep it?

3) What if a Kage of a non-canon village wants a Bijuu, and actually went around attacking other villages for their Bijuu? Do he get to keep it if he manages to overwhelm the entire village?

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 04:10:26 AM »

I have a few questions thou;

1)  Will the current hosts/summoners be forced to give up and "enshrine" their Bijuu at their village, or hand it to the village that was listed?

2) The Nibi doesn't have a village assigned, so does the current host/summoner gets to keep it?

3) What if a Kage of a non-canon village wants a Bijuu, and actually went around attacking other villages for their Bijuu? Do he get to keep it if he manages to overwhelm the entire village?

This thread is meant for discussion of the idea. That way we can hammer out any details that are missing. It was just a rough outline for what could be done. But I'll try to answer your questions:

1) The idea would have to be adopted and implemented before such a thing could be discussed. But, yes, the bijū would be reset.

2) Canonically, the Nibi was in Kumo but to maintain fairness, I separate it out. Could go to a new village proper like the Bird thing that Tomi has going on? No, it would not retain with the host/summoner. That would be a detail needed hammered out.

3) I don't like that idea. Means that too many false villages would pop up just so someone can call themselves a 'kage and then attack for the bijū in question.

I actually really like this idea. It's a great way of fostering roleplay. I think we should allow the beasts to gift people chakra or teach them abilities. This just gives some of the newer roleplayers more of an incentive to interact with them, and allows us to do more with the biju themselves.

I also second Bec's suggestion that we should make all the tailed beasts the same level if we do do this.

Exactly!! Too long have the bijū been set aside as "trophies" for the power hungry. Instead, why not just make them an integral part of the mainstream RP! It would cast aside that negative dogma attached to them and it would help all players, both old and new, to RP how they wanted to without fear of being rejected or pushed around. It would promote RP and friendship and between the villages as we have actual pilgrimages occur.

Yes, I also agree that they would all need to be same level.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:14:23 AM by Dāto Terumī »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 04:36:03 AM »

An unexpected turn of events for sure. While I personally wish to host a tailed beast in the future, I'm not so selfish as to oppose such an idea when it could help make the community more happy as a whole.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:08:13 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.