Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea  (Read 19443 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Crazy Bijū Handling Idea
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 12:19:28 AM »

Im on my phone and it scrapped my orecious post, so thisll be real brief:

1) The Council should not be both GMing the beasts and enforcing the rules, esoecially if every Council Member is garunteed to gm at least one.

2) No direct biju involvement in combatative RP, period. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

3) What other than chakra balancing will be implemented to keep certain beasts from dramatically being more valuable to chat with than others?

4) any things if certain major nations are inactive?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 06:54:30 AM »

Personally, I would first set a trial run with one of the tailed beasts after the whole Distribution Event. I can already tell you that Miyuu doesn't desire to be part of the whole tailed beast System nor does Koji. They might be open to Terumi's idea, & attempt to Roleplay it out for their villages. I would base my judgement of this idea after watching them test it out for a bit. As for how much time an experimental test run would need to show results or not, I do not know. This test run could serve as a compromise between those who support Terumi's idea, & those do not for the time being. If it yields favorable results, we could try expanding it further and so on.

Sooo basically scrap the system we've all worked towards making better over the last year, even as this topic goes on people are aiming to make improvements... And then force everyone to make a new set of council rules, Bijuu rules, and so on just because you think this might work and that this might be slightly better than what we have going on?

I just... really can't with this topic.

I'm saying that we should give it a shot. Seems like you're irrationally clinging on to a system that has shown itself to still perpetuate the same problems despite efforts to improve on it.

No one is saying that this is guaranteed to be a better system than what we currently have, but we'll never know if we don't try it out.

Also, that isn't an argument as to why this system wouldn't potentially be better than the one we have. You're just citing how it may or may not inconvenience people, which isn't a sound argument. It's an argumentum ad consequentiam: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_consequences

I agree completely. This is an IDEA, first and foremost. It's something new to try. It is not the new law or rules. I'm proposing a new change, a new idea, with help from the community to bear fruit.

Hell, all the stuff we have currently can stay ready to go in case it wouldn't work out and we would need to switch back to this system.

Im on my phone and it scrapped my orecious post, so thisll be real brief:

1) The Council should not be both GMing the beasts and enforcing the rules, esoecially if every Council Member is garunteed to gm at least one.

2) No direct biju involvement in combatative RP, period. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

3) What other than chakra balancing will be implemented to keep certain beasts from dramatically being more valuable to chat with than others?

4) any things if certain major nations are inactive?

1) True; that does propose a conflict of interests then. Then that would leave the options for GMs for the beast could be the 'Kage of the villages, or the actual in-game GMs, or a newly elected group of people who could be trusted with legitimately and neutrally be able to GM their beast. In which ever case, then they would answer to the Council?

2) Only thing I can think of that would allow them to interfere in combative RP is as a last resort for the village, if their village is under siege. Other than that, I can agree that they woildn't need to be summonable then.

3) I'm not sure, to be honest. That would be something that could fleshed out. Because otherwise, it would simply be character preference then and whom they wanna play with OR a religious pilgrimage.

4) That would have to be discussed too. Initially, I would believe that the bijū be stripped from them then and moved to a more active village that doesn't already possess one.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2017, 12:33:54 PM »

I'm just here to post my opinion cause it's 3am and I'm at work with nothing to do. After doing a whole lot of reading I don't think the concept is a bad one at all. Perhaps it could fix what is broken with the people themselves however one proponent I extremely dislike is the passing of jutsu from the beasts to a student. I'm fine with the wisdom or tips and tricks or whatever just, everyone will go to their favorite beasts and try and become a half Jink.  Maybe small things like granting its student a bigger chakra pool or something small would be a better...benefit? In comparison to having 8 people running around controlling blue fire or what not.

A side note, what about something like the 0-tails? Considering it's not even a bijuu but just a malicious spirit? Send it to a castle like the Gedo to the moon?
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »

Lemme be frank here for a moment. If this was done, and the beasts were left able to grant aaaaanything at all to people, they would loophole the living hell out of it to still be as close to jinchuriki as possible. So you wouldn't really be doing anything about the 'jincks are the issue', you'd just be giving them a different form.

Only way you could avoid that is by making them able to do/give nothing whatsoever, at which point they'd have no other purpose except defending villages from hypothetical attackers. Can't steal/seal them either, so while sure, you could still fight them for the sake of just fighting I suppose, there'd be little to no point to doing that either. Not exactly something to brag about when everyone has a thousand and one uber chakra leeching and anti beast techniques.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »

I think that if the beasts were put into that situation, there'd only be half-jinks and you could only have one 'bijuu' power at a time I guess. But I think that each one would basically give you a different ability. Meaning 8tails would be ink, 2tails would be blue flames, etc. I don't really know but that's why we're having these talks :) (plus, I just got off shift so I'm about to go to sleep lol)

And I think regardless of the choice made, people will seek out loopholes. Also, Ray, I think that the 0 tails would be like the Gedo or even my Mecha-Kurama. Not really an official bijuu, so I guess it could still either belong to one person as it is now, or be given an official 'domain'.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »

Oh just stick the 0 tails in Jisigakure then.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »

Oh just stick the 0 tails in Jisigakure then.

That wouldn't be the smartest idea considering Jisigakure is pure neutral. And Hiru is the embodiment of all things negitive.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »

Eh its pure natural until someone makes it into a clan.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2017, 07:02:42 PM »

So should we put this to a vote and see who all would like to test the idea?

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »

Yea sure go for it.

-Master Oogway

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:21 AM »

So should we put this to a vote and see who all would like to test the idea?

Until I get this cleaned up and we get everything covered, this cannot go to a vote yet.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 1.064 seconds with 20 queries.