Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Something About Mind's Eye of the Kagura  (Read 11647 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Something About Mind's Eye of the Kagura
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 12:12:19 AM »

I don't think this topic was meant to complain about stuff. I think it was more for clarification.

The vibe I got was to clarify the 'brokeness' of it, I guess.

I wanted to know if anyone used the jutsu within acceptable limits. Ryoji and Keito have clarified that yes, they do use it fairly so there is a way to do so.

If they had just gone, "Yeah that's how it works. Sucks to be you." then I'd have just not rp'd a fight with anyone who tried to claim it, since passive anything that starts with Omni, is godmod.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »

I believe that there is a limit of the perks of mastery. Otherwise, anybody could say that the cons of a technique don't apply to them because of their mastery in it.

Such as Edo Tensei. One could say they're a master of it, and because of that, are able to circumvent the chakra taxation rule, as well as the limit of zombies rule.

Or even the Byakugan, where one could say that their mastery of it exempts them from the blind spot or the blurred vision from keeping it active for an entire day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 05:30:09 AM »

I believe that there is a limit of the perks of mastery. Otherwise, anybody could say that the cons of a technique don't apply to them because of their mastery in it.

Such as Edo Tensei. One could say they're a master of it, and because of that, are able to circumvent the chakra taxation rule, as well as the limit of zombies rule.

Or even the Byakugan, where one could say that their mastery of it exempts them from the blind spot or the blurred vision from keeping it active for an entire day.

Accept for the fact that both of those examples are from explicitly stated rules/drawbacks for the techniques both on SL and in the canon respectively. You can't circumvent those things with "Mastery".

You saying that it is a stone cold requirement for her to focus at those particular ranges is nothing more than speculation, and could have been completely debunked if they had displayed her powers in the Gaiden. Thus, I am less inclined to take into account what you believe to be the correct amount of focus for various ranges because of that.

Give me irrefutable proof that the Mind's eye couldn't be trained to a higher level and then maybe I would listen, but until then I will be Rping with the agreed upon nerfs that Deathstroke and I had discussed.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 05:42:43 AM »

Accept for the fact that both of those examples are from explicitly stated rules/drawbacks for the techniques both on SL and in the canon respectively. You can't circumvent those things with "Mastery".

You saying that it is a stone cold requirement for her to focus at those particular ranges is nothing more than speculation, and could have been completely debunked if they had displayed her powers in the Gaiden. Thus, I am less inclined to take into account what you believe to be the correct amount of focus for various ranges because of that.

Give me irrefutable proof that the Mind's eye couldn't be trained to a higher level and then maybe I would listen, but until then I will be Rping with the agreed upon nerfs that Deathstroke and I had discussed.
With that logic, I could use my Susanoo mastery to create a Susanoo so big, I could poke entire countries to death. Like so: https://youtu.be/H4MKvO08S2w?t=7m47s

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2015, 05:46:02 AM »

With that logic, I could use my Susanoo mastery to create a Susanoo so big, I could poke entire countries to death. Like so: https://youtu.be/H4MKvO08S2w?t=7m47s

I'm actually a bit astonished that you haven't tried to yet considering some of the other things you claim with Susanoo.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 05:49:21 AM »

*Inb4 someone does that with a Sage Art: Tengai Shinsei*
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »

I'm actually a bit astonished that you haven't tried to yet considering some of the other things you claim with Susanoo.
Because even I have some restraint. Though Asura was my whole inspiration for the compact-sized colossal-strength concept of my Sage Mode.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 05:59:18 AM »

Because even I have some restraint. Though Asura was my whole inspiration for the compact-sized colossal-strength concept of my Sage Mode.

There is your answer to why Mind's eye won't be an issue in the future.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 09:23:52 AM »

I wasn't interested because it was a potential issue. I just wanted to know.

I have come to the point in my SL career when I am no longer interested in the strife discussion brings.

I see Oto is now claiming the rights to Dokuton too? lol Well so does Suna. and the rest of the world.

I think we have 'ruled' ourselves out of some pretty dedicated members and into a pretty tight corner that grows more narrow and constricting by the day.

The other day a guy came up to me asking how to get a summons.

Well the contract holder on one he wanted is inactive. So he picked another beast.

But you know what? I will be moving back to the time when you tried to summon a beast and then the beasts decided if you were good enough to sign the contract. And pretty much will be that way with everything. I will decide what my characters can and cannot do and get rp where I can.

I am just going to have to trust people will make reasonable choices in their character builds and do the same thing with my own.

See you round the site when/where the interest strikes me. I will be in rp here and there for good or for ill.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »

I wasn't interested because it was a potential issue. I just wanted to know.

I have come to the point in my SL career when I am no longer interested in the strife discussion brings.

I see Oto is now claiming the rights to Dokuton too? lol Well so does Suna. and the rest of the world.

I think we have 'ruled' ourselves out of some pretty dedicated members and into a pretty tight corner that grows more narrow and constricting by the day.

The other day a guy came up to me asking how to get a summons.

Well the contract holder on one he wanted is inactive. So he picked another beast.

But you know what? I will be moving back to the time when you tried to summon a beast and then the beasts decided if you were good enough to sign the contract. And pretty much will be that way with everything. I will decide what my characters can and cannot do and get rp where I can.

I am just going to have to trust people will make reasonable choices in their character builds and do the same thing with my own.

See you round the site when/where the interest strikes me. I will be in rp here and there for good or for ill.
Thank you for that declaration, but I'm more hung up on the fact that you didn't know oto had the rights to dokuton. It's been that way since taumaster if I remember correctly, so this isnt anything close to recent news.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 07:30:47 PM »

Yeah I am kind of hung up on it too, to be honest. Does Kiri have the rights to Suiton? This is very old pet peeve, as you point out by referencing Taumaster...who by the way when we were training with our snake summons said it was perfectly reasonable for my main summons to use Dokuton, with no mention whatsoever about it being an Oto only issue. Anyway, I feel I am cluttering the thread with off topic issues over claims of ownership I intend to ignore anyway. I believe I am just done letting my characters be hampered in their build by the whims of some minor committee who basically can't agree on anything collectively...or the so called claims of one person who is no longer on the site.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:31:17 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »

Personally, considering my leadership position in Oto, I don't care if someone uses poison jutsu. If they do, I'm not gonna go after them and let them know they can't use it. I'll just let them do their thing. Just like even though I 'claim' some summons, I don't really mean that I don't want anyone using them. I just claimed them so I can write the wiki page because I like writing lol Just like my collection of items page. I wrote them because I would hope that people would use them, but if they don't I'm just probably going to make a page for Oto Police force and distribute the items to those guys (NPCs).

I'm sure that there are a lot of 'claimed' things that are claimed by people who no longer visit this place or care anymore. And personally, if you want to summon a duck but someone else has a claim to it...Just go and summon all the ducks you want. Why should it stop you from having the duck dynasty you want?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 12:35:44 AM »

This is starting to stray a bit more off-topic now. I ask that if you want a dedicated discussion on what others think and would like a clearer view of the current going-ons of these other topics, a new forum topic should be made for them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 20 queries.