Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Too many Madaras  (Read 5815 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Too many Madaras
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »

I'm sorry I just had to point out the title of the topic and the name of the OP. :smt046

I thought the whole point of creating a character was that it was YOUR OWN character that suited your own personal desires and needs. The problem here is most people can't spark their own individuality or for the lack of better words are just lazy. In that sense, this is where the Madara-esque or Sasuke/Itachi-esque persona comes into play in SL's RP. Sure we can relate to the series but doesn't mean we have to copy the series xD

Another problem would be the 'stacked account' method people seem to go by now, I mean I myself have reached such in the past which is why I don't really bother with the forest or earning reborns anymore. Been there done that, not doing again, if you don't like it too bad. But with newer players joining they kinda see it as a 'norm' to go through this method as well, without really understanding that I myself, as well as many others started this site as a noob. Meaning we didn't have the reborns everyone else did and were literally weaker than the 'top dogs' only until working our way up through in-game and RP to get to where we are today. Its not like jumping into double dutch jump rope its more gradual like learning how to ride a bike. Until some of us get too cocky and start using no hands and crash into trees or something. Besides, even with all of my 'stuff' Keito as a character hates revealing his most secret techniques unless he knows they're a sure hit and his opponent won't even be able to comprehend what hit them until its too late. 'Missing' is one of his biggest peeves and thus will only use something if it works, as opposed to just throwing out techniques left and right hoping one would hit. If anything I start with the lowest rank techniques first, leading up to the higher more devastating ones. Just for the thrill of the fight  ;-)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:58 AM »

... I thought the whole point of creating a character was that it was YOUR OWN character that suited your own personal desires and needs...

What if a well-stacked powerhouse character with attributes similar to Madara suit the personal desires and needs of a player? For example, Bocchiere kind of needed a stacked powerhouse character in order to do most everything he did in his The Akatsuki RP stretch. Nothing less would have really suited.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »

You're complaining about people being overpowered in a place where someone is only accountable by themselves. That's not going to happen. Now, if we had, I dunno, RP mods who have final say over everything, than that would be legit.

But on SL? Nah, not gonna happen.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2015, 12:32:06 AM »

We shouldn't be scared of Madaras. We should be scared of Kabutos.

But all in all, I haven't really seen any serious cases of unlimited chakra usage lately. And the standards of who's what level of ninja rank can really fluctuate. I personally assign ranks based upon activity, loyalty and power. Not just the power alone. Though Jinchuriki get a special ranking, for obvious reasons.

If we're being realistic about what's kage-level power, just look at the current kage and compare yourself to them. If you match up to their abilities, then cool, you've earned that perk of being able to say you are of kage-level.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Kage

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2015, 01:27:27 AM »

... I thought the whole point of creating a character was that it was YOUR OWN character that suited your own personal desires and needs...

What if a well-stacked powerhouse character with attributes similar to Madara suit the personal desires and needs of a player? For example, Bocchiere kind of needed a stacked powerhouse character in order to do most everything he did in his The Akatsuki RP stretch. Nothing less would have really suited.

Hidan avatar aside, Bocchiere was like no other villain in the series, incorporating different abilities into his one vessel to achieve such. But even that shouldn't be used as a model, the only thing is, yes eventually you can achieve 16 stacked resets and have quite an abundance of abilities along the way. Of course his route shouldn't be replicated but it was still original in some sense. The characters from the series are of course a guideline you may work with but if I wanted to see Madara fight I would watch the series or play any naruto game.Although, I can be completely hypocritical when it came to my alt Kimimaro Kaguya because I fairly enjoyed my twist on Kimimaro in the SL realm. But that was my own fanboy craze for the bone warrior before SL's abilities have grown to the way they are now.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »

Hidan avatar aside, Bocchiere was like no other villain in the series, incorporating different abilities into his one vessel to achieve such. But even that shouldn't be used as a model, the only thing is, yes eventually you can achieve 16 stacked resets and have quite an abundance of abilities along the way. Of course his route shouldn't be replicated but it was still original in some sense. The characters from the series are of course a guideline you may work with but if I wanted to see Madara fight I would watch the series or play any naruto game.Although, I can be completely hypocritical when it came to my alt Kimimaro Kaguya because I fairly enjoyed my twist on Kimimaro in the SL realm. But that was my own fanboy craze for the bone warrior before SL's abilities have grown to the way they are now.

To be frank, I have not seen any "literal" Madara's running around. SoSP-esque due to Rinnegan-sharingan-mokuton resets I have even seen less of (although I haven't actually run into alot of RPers as of late, the Iwa rebs beautifully lacking in that area).

Bocchiere I used as a model because his character was an antagonist unlike anything I personally had ever seen here on SL (for better and for worse, folks who have been around longer than me might differ in opinion on both points), and he stacked the way he did because it was essential for his objective. There would not have been an Iwa curbstomp with just a Jashinist-only character (unless Jashin threw in his 5-cents).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.